Votes: 8 21.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • don't know where to buy

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Strawberry

π’šπ’π’–π’„,Soomaalinimada,π’–π’π’˜π’’π’†π’˜
I believe it's about time we really started wearing our culture's clothes during Eid. Men, women, and children need to practice this. It astounds me to see other cultures celebrating Eid while we wear Arab, British, or American attire. How is that possible?
hiiran website!
202253637871522194957410.jpg

Meanwhile, we'll be wearing all of this adornment and beauty.

starting with women If you don't want to show too much arm or wear the headscarf and want to wear guntiino, you can just put the extra piece over yourself like Iman is wearing in the first picture with a nice turban style underneath, or you can buy extra guntiino fabric and ask your local tailor to make a top with the same materials. so it mathces. The fourth picture is of the old dirac style. You can again ask your local Somali tailor to do it for you; many are talented, and if you're able to sew, go for it and make it.

58274e397751279df9214f9906315c8e.jpg
510472a723f0fa351b696d532e0dff73--african-beauty-african-style.jpg
images (5).jpg
E4A6jChUYAQo7fW.jpg
otnof5tjy7rzh2n1da3a.jpg

As for the more modern dirac , you can wear it in many ways, including modestly. Many people complain, but if you don't seek out the fabric and don't look for it, how would you find it? You can also be creative and wear a long-armed, turtleneck bodysuit that is light under the dress and matches the colors. I have done it, and it works well. h&m offers a wide range of colors and materials.

many examples:

79db7b225fcf261e5533450cde3d8584.jpg
3dca1245191cbc0dc390c33791eef630.jpg
cf8b770f9591a01c363274e5e44feda3.jpg
3efcf9f19533a0265d935849260e545e.jpg

Guntiino and Dirac are doable because you won't stand out too much, but Somali men showing up to the mosque with the two white sheets attire will look out of place.

a4099f3404bd73afbffa221302edea3b.jpg

Strawberry

As for the men, I feel like they're harder to find, but there are some that you can take to your local tailor, like my brothers did, and they can make them for you. Examples of inspiration that you guys can wear during Eid

To begin, this look is clean and classic. It will be great for you if you live in a hot climate; otherwise, if you don't want to show your arm, use the same alindi material to make a simple long-arm shirt, and you're good to go. The only hurdle is having the right length, and you can find it in Somalia. If you can get a family member to send you alindi from Somalia, you'll be able to rock this look during Eid.

istockphoto-1442200700-612x612.jpg
1670757511013.png
B0893353-E777-4BE2-87CF-FB22EE447C9A.jpeg
images (6).jpg

The second feature is the sleek, royally stylish appearance. There is no excuse for you men because you can take the pictures, buy the material, and take it to your local Taylor, who will make it for you. and I guarantee you'll pay the same, if not less, than you would for a kamis.
1670757814339.png

e56azw9mkfs71.jpg
nj8b85exm4k91.jpg

Even the sultan is pulling this off; you have no excuse.
images (12).jpg

Both men and women spend $100 on other people's clothes, so go and support Somali businesses and local tailors.

Somalis, it's time to show up and show out for Eid 2023.

Period GIF by MOODMAN

Strawberry

Guntiino and Dirac are doable because you won't stand out too much, but Somali men showing up to the mosque with the two white sheets attire will look out of place.

a4099f3404bd73afbffa221302edea3b.jpg
But that's the mindset we should not have It does not look out of place. This is part of our culture; why should we care? Second, when it comes to men and their hijab rule, what they are doing is not even against Islam. We need to have pride in it and see the beauty in it because, in my opinion, that picture you shared looks 100000x better than what we wear now for Eid.

But that's the mindset we should not have It does not look out of place. This is part of our culture; why should we care? Second, when it comes to men and their hijab rule, what they are doing is not even against Islam. We need to have pride in it and see the beauty in it because, in my opinion, that picture you shared looks 100000x better than what we wear now for Eid.
I was wrong and I agree with your comment.

Strawberry

Where can I buy this thought?
for the Alindi Try to see if you can get it from Somalia. I asked my aunt this year, who is in Mugaddishu (my mother used to bring me there before when she visited Somalia). Also, make sure that your buyers talk to the locals; they know the measurements for the alindi garment both for men and women, and for the more sultan garment, it looks like you can buy materials and design accessories similar to them (or have them made by someone in the tailor shop) and take it to your local tailor; show them the picture for reference. Not only that, if you don't know what materials to use, they can assist you, or ask the fabric shop employee for help.

Alternatively, see if anyone you know or your relatives are aware of someone coming from Somalia who can carry your Alindi for free instead of spending too much money on the cargo.

good luck
Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
for the Alindi Try to see if you can get it from Somalia. I asked my aunt this year, who is in Mugaddishu (my mother used to bring me there before when she visited Somalia). Also, make sure that your buyers talk to the locals; they know the measurements for the alindi garment both for men and women, and for the more sultan garment, it looks like you can buy materials and design accessories similar to them (or have them made by someone in the tailor shop) and take it to your local tailor; show them the picture for reference. Not only that, if you don't know what materials to use, they can assist you, or ask the fabric shop employee for help.

Alternatively, see if anyone you know or your relatives are aware of someone coming from Somalia who can carry your Alindi for free instead of spending too much money on the cargo.

good luck
Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
I will do so more research inshallah I will stand out from my arab clothe wearing brethren.

Trending

Latest posts