We was Ancient Egyptians ( Egyptian words in Somali)

Toria" is an Coptic /Antiemt Egyptian word for “axe,” a tool used in farming derived from the ancient Egyptian word "tor" (cane)

we also use Tor or Tori

unimpressed.png

This is becoming a meme at this point. Somalis traded with ancient Egypt. Just as we have loan words from other places we traded in, that's probably where we got it from.

There were pastoralists in the Somali peninsula thousands of years ago. I'm pretty sure they were their own people that migrated from North Africa before the Nile Valley civilization formed.

This is becoming a meme at this point. Somalis traded with ancient Egypt. Just as we have loan words from other places we traded in, that's probably where we got it from.

There were pastoralists in the Somali peninsula thousands of years ago. I'm pretty sure they were their own people that migrated from North Africa before the Nile Valley civilization formed.
We didn’t take any loan words from Egyptians Somalia was punt and ancient Egyptians orginated from there

We didn’t take any loan words from Egyptians Somalia was punt and ancient Egyptians orginated from there
That's a myth. We have the science now to map out migration patterns.

Most Somalis have E-V32 as their paternal lineage. It came from E-V12, which formed roughly 10k years ago. Most of our maternal lineage is indigenously East African.

The E-V32 subclade isn't that common in Egypt. It's very common in the Horn of Africa though.

Linguistically, the Ancient Egyptian language was flagged as their own branch among the afro-asiatic languages. Somali is in the Cushitic branch and is more related to other Cushitic languages.

I think there may have been a relationship in the form of knowing one another, and perhaps exchanging cultural practices, but beyond that, I don't think we were the Ancient Egyptians.

That's a myth. We have the science now to map out migration patterns.

Most Somalis have E-V32 as their paternal lineage. It came from E-V12, which formed roughly 10k years ago. Most of our maternal lineage is indigenously East African.

The E-V32 subclade isn't that common in Egypt.
It's very common in the Horn of Africa though.

Linguistically, the Ancient Egyptian language was flagged as their own branch among the afro-asiatic languages. Somali is in the Cushitic branch and is more related to other Cushitic languages.

I think there may have been a relationship in the form of knowing one another, and perhaps exchanging cultural practices, but beyond that, I don't think we were the Ancient Egyptians.
Modern Egypt? or Ancient?

Stop saying loan words how do u know tht futo and tor or tori is loan words btw ppl can trade with each without taking someone Else words and non somali words tht are in somali language is cuz somali ppl took those words from non somalis and they stop using their own somali words and used non somali words stop with loan
Do u know what loan means

Trending