We fought as an Oromo and we won as an Oromo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
"Who cares?" he told AFP in a recent interview. "I don't regret a single day. I wanted to bring down the bloody government that was killing my people."
That the protests happened where, how and when they did was no accident, Jawar said.

"We planned it. The people who were organising the protest and the people who were in OMN are almost the same," said the 32-year-old, wearing a pink shirt and hotel slippers as two mobile phones periodically vibrated on a nearby table.
The protests, Jawar said, were part of a bigger plan to shift power within the EPRDF away from the Tigrayans to the Oromo Peoples' Democratic Organisation (OPDO), which represents the ethnicity in the coalition.

"We worked tirelessly and systematically, strategically, with the OPDO to empower the reformist forces, and we succeeded beyond our imagination," he said.
Jawar counts Abiy's election as a victory both for Oromos and the country at large.

"We fought as an Oromo and we won as an Oromo. We will build an Ethiopia that is good to Oromos and good to everybody else," he said.
He isn't even trying to hide it. "And everybody else" kulaha.
:drakelaugh:
@xabashi
Jawar now wants to turn his OMN into an independent media outlet, the BBC of Ethiopia as he puts it.
Inna lillah. This is actually scary.
:jaynerd:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
He isn't even trying to hide it. "And everybody else" kulaha.
:drakelaugh:
@xabashi

Inna lillah. This is actually scary.
:jaynerd:

All the cards are in place for Oromos, it won't be long till they clear the invaders from finfine, they have already isolated the tiny Tigray back to their mountain in the north, next is the remaining ahmara.:lolbron::damn:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/won-divi...a-030820325.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb

"We fought as an Oromo and we won as an Oromo. We will build an Ethiopia that is good to Oromos and good to everybody else,"

@xabashi Ethiopia belongs to Oromos know get used to it.

He is an Oromo activist and sometimes has a tendency to brag. He is entitled to his opinion but he never said Ethiopia belongs to Oromos. Ethiopia can only survive and prosper when it is equally for everyone of us and I am sure Jawar agrees with me on this one. I know him, he is smart and not an idiot.

Concerning OMN media, I thik they have done a great job until now and I welcome their operation in Ethiopia. It will be a tough competition though but they are one needed element in the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts