We are no-ones victim.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Majority of African nations can blame their down fall to colonialism and neo colonialism. However Somalia has no claim to that struggle.

First of all Italian and British Colonials did nothing except fail at making us gaal, build shit and give away 3 regions of somalia.

We cant even complain about brutality because what happens under colonial Somalia was nothing like how the british raj or Belgium empire suffered.

We got off easy alhamidullah.

All of the problems we face today
  • Qabil
  • Al-Kabab
  • Wealth ineqaulity
  • Climate change
  • FGM
  • Civil war
  • Self Arabisation
All of these problems started from us no one else.

I hate when i hear some Somalis trying to claim the BLM route and cry about colonialisation when it had an arguable net positive for us.

We weren't a victim of Arab slavery too.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Self arabization?
I'm not familiar with how things are going in somalia as a Djiboutian, but aside from people taking more Arab names I don't know how Somalia is becoming arabized

No colonizers did screw us over. They set us up for war with Ethiopia and Kenya from the get-go. Last thing you want as a developing region is war with a neighbouring country. The 77 Ogadeen war is what crippled the country nobody saw MSB as a competent ruler after that shitshow.

Self arabization?
I'm not familiar with how things are going in somalia as a Djiboutian, but aside from people taking more Arab names I don't know how Somalia is becoming arabized
I think we're being more globalised than arabised. When you've been back home how many geeljires have you seen witb a shaal over his chest? They all wear western button up shirts with a Macawis on the bottom.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I agree that somalis ain't victims to no one however whites did royally screw us by giving our land to neighbours.
This doesn't inheritly stunt our growth because we could have played the long game and developed what we had whilst undercutting our neighbours and flooding arms into their countries but Barre ruined it with his badiyo mentality of run in with a spear and f*ck em up.

Shimbiris

ุจู‰ูŽุฑ ุบู‰ูŽู„ ุฅูŠุค ุนุขู†ุค ู„ุค
VIP
I think we're being more globalised than arabised. When you've been back home how many geeljires have you seen witb a shaal over his chest? They all wear western button up shirts with a Macawis on the bottom.

TikTok has more clout among Somali youths than al-Azhar, kekekekkeke. Also, barely any one back home speaks Arabic and like 99% of the street signs and billboards are just in Somali. You'll mostly just see joint Somali & Arabic signs over a dugsi. At least that's what I've noticed in the northeast.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalis always claiming to be victims but the minorities like Madhibaan and Tumaal they abused don't say anything. Very weird. Why are the real victims wrongfully keeping quiet?

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
No colonizers did screw us over. They set us up for war with Ethiopia and Kenya from the get-go. Last thing you want as a developing region is war with a neighbouring country. The 77 Ogadeen war is what crippled the country nobody saw MSB as a competent ruler after that shitshow.
I agree that somalis ain't victims to no one however whites did royally screw us by giving our land to neighbours.
This doesn't inheritly stunt our growth because we could have played the long game and developed what we had whilst undercutting our neighbours and flooding arms into their countries but Barre ruined it with his badiyo mentality of run in with a spear and f*ck em up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree them partioning parts off somalia was a move that harmed us.
However it was us who started the war.
It was us who started a civil war once the war failed.

We could of approached this without falling into mayhem.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Britain literally gave away NFD & Somali galbeed to our neighbourd, even ignoring an democratic election done in the NFD. These fuckers definitely had something personal against us. They even stopped our expansion in Kiinya.

Its not correct to dismiss the effect colonialism had on our people. We have purselves to blame ultimately but we must never forget what outsiders did not us and learn from our past experiences.

Shimbiris

VIP
Britain literally gave away NFD & Somali galbeed to our neighbourd, even ignoring an democratic election done in the NFD. These fuckers definitely had something personal against us. They even stopped our expansion in Kiinya.

Its not correct to dismiss the effect colonialism had on our people. We have purselves to blame ultimately but we must never forget what outsiders did not us and learn from our past experiences.

I recall reading a long time ago that the Brits felt that if things continued as they were Somalis would make it down to the great lakes and probably become the majority in much of northern Southeast Africa. Probably alongside the Oromo moving with us as well and those would be the nomadic Muslim ones. Absolutely unacceptable to the gaalo, of course. Muslims having that much of East Africa and such fertile lands to boot.

Majority of African nations can blame their down fall to colonialism and neo colonialism. However Somalia has no claim to that struggle.

First of all Italian and British Colonials did nothing except fail at making us gaal, build shit and give away 3 regions of somalia.

We cant even complain about brutality because what happens under colonial Somalia was nothing like how the british raj or Belgium empire suffered.

We got off easy alhamidullah.

All of the problems we face today
  • Qabil
  • Al-Kabab
  • Wealth ineqaulity
  • Climate change
  • FGM
  • Civil war
  • Self Arabisation
All of these problems started from us no one else.

I hate when i hear some Somalis trying to claim the BLM route and cry about colonialisation when it had an arguable net positive for us.

We weren't a victim of Arab slavery too.
I will say colonialism destroyed us because it divided all of us

Khaemwaset

VIP
I recall reading a long time ago that the Brits felt that if things continued as they were Somalis would make it down to the great lakes and probably become the majority in much of northern Southeast Africa. Probably alongside the Oromo moving with us as well and those would be the nomadic Muslim ones. Absolutely unacceptable to the gaalo, of course. Muslims having that much of East Africa and such fertile lands to boot.
Imagine if Somalis and Oromo took all of east Africa. We would be unstoppable as cushitic brothers :rejoice:

Shimbiris

VIP
Oromo ainโ€™t our brothers
Iโ€™m hearing half of them are galaal anyways

The ones that are Muslim, especially the types in Northern Kenya and Southeastern Ethiopia, are pretty chill. Boranas and whatnot. Somalis in those parts semi-regularly intermarry with them and we're quite similar dhaqan wise. It's the Oromo nationalists in Ethiopia we border more north that are insane and more religiously mixed.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

The white man is one jealous fucker, we would have captured green new lands that would have blessed us food self-sufficiency. Dhiikar aa hadda ii haayo.

Oromos in Kenya were serious folks, read that they were bullying all ethnic groups in Kenya, fighting even the Maasai and winning. If the british werenโ€™t there, the oromos would have pushed deeper into Central Kenya and somalis would have closely followed. What could have been:mjcry:

reer

VIP
The ones that are Muslim, especially the types in Northern Kenya and Southeastern Ethiopia, are pretty chill. Boranas and whatnot. Somalis in those parts semi-regularly intermarry with them and we're quite similar dhaqan wise. It's the Oromo nationalists in Ethiopia we border more north that are insane and more religiously mixed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts