Was Prophet Muhammed saw an Arab?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’m confused. He’s definitely an Arab but there’s 2 kinds. Arabized Arab and an Arab.

If Qahtanis are the OG arabs and prophet Muhammed saw doesn’t descend from them but from the Arabs of Ismael then what does that make him? Aren’t the Arabs of Ismael are arabized people. Ismael himself is a descendant of Abraham and he was sent to these people. They taught him Arabic. Is it wrong to say that our prophet was an Arabized Arab?

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO 🇸🇴
I’m confused. He’s definitely an Arab but there’s 2 kinds. Arabized Arab and an Arab.

If Qahtanis are the OG arabs and prophet Muhammed saw doesn’t descend from them but from the Arabs of Ismael then what does that make him? Aren’t the Arabs of Ismael are arabized people. Ismael himself is a descendant of Abraham and he was sent to these people. They taught him Arabic. Is it wrong to say that our prophet was an Arabized Arab?

Was Prophet Muhammed saw an Arab?​

YES!​

all the queashi clans come from that and they do already identify as that but they mixed and where semetic anyways and no one really cares to differentiate its like saying somalis are natufian mixed with nilotes. we are just somalis at this point and they all identify as arab. its only referenced that way in the context of history and differentiating

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
all the queashi clans come from that and they do already identify as that but they mixed and where semetic anyways and no one really cares to differentiate its like saying somalis are natufian mixed with nilotes. we are just somalis at this point and they all identify as arab. its only referenced that way in the context of history and differentiating
Yes, the qurashi are not qahtanis (og arabs). They are descendants of Ismael who came to Southern Arabia to the Qahtanis, preached to them, and they taught him Arabic. He settled there and married from them. Then his descendants who know speak Arabic though from Abraham, spread back north. Wax khaldan maan sheegay? If Ismael is their father and Ismael was taught Arabic because he wasn’t an Arab and now his descendants carry that language, then they are arabized so maaha? Did the qahtanis not fight with the adnanites? They didn’t see themselves as the same during the time of the Sahaba. Now it’s all mixed but if we are being specific, like arab lineage claims to be, then it’s correct to say they are arabized. Prophet Muhammed saw is an Arab but he is of the Adnanite stock who were arabized from the time of Ismael.

Hamzza

VIP
Qahtanis, Sabeans, Himyarites and other people of greater Al Yaman region are Arabized Arabs from a linguistic point view because they used to speak South Semitic languages that are distant from the Arabic language which originated in the Northern half of the Arabian peninsula and Southern Levent.

The prophet ﷺ was pure Arab

Yes, the qurashi are not qahtanis (og arabs). They are descendants of Ismael who came to Southern Arabia to the Qahtanis, preached to them, and they taught him Arabic. He settled there and married from them. Then his descendants who know speak Arabic though from Abraham, spread back north. Wax khaldan maan sheegay? If Ismael is their father and Ismael was taught Arabic because he wasn’t an Arab and now his descendants carry that language, then they are arabized so maaha? Did the qahtanis not fight with the adnanites? They didn’t see themselves as the same during the time of the Sahaba. Now it’s all mixed but if we are being specific, like arab lineage claims to be, then it’s correct to say they are arabized. Prophet Muhammed saw is an Arab but he is of the Adnanite stock who were arabized from the time of Ismael.
yes your correct and the prophet said as much that his lineage is from the Arabized arabs stock but its not something any of them actually care about except when lineage and history is being spoken about except to state they are the most noble of arabs because of decent from ismail and ibrahim.

this is non consequential is the point im making because its not some new revelation or anything anyone denies

Biologically, the Prophet was not pure Arab, his linage is Ishmael and he was Arabized by the Yemenis who taught him the Arabic language.

Qahtanis, Sabeans, Himyarites and other people of greater Al Yaman region are Arabized Arabs from a linguistic point view because they used to speak South Semitic languages that are distant from the Arabic language which originated in the Northern half of the Arabian peninsula and Southern Levent.

The prophet ﷺ was pure Arab
so are you saying ibrahim was an arab who we know was from the people of nimrod (Mesopotamians)
does that mean nimrod and his subjects where all arabs aswell according to yourself?
doesn't that also make the jews arabs aswell :farmajoyaab:

Hamzza

VIP
so are you saying ibrahim was an arab who we know was from the people of nimrod (Mesopotamians)
does that mean nimrod and his subjects where all arabs aswell according to yourself?
doesn't that also make the jews arabs aswell :farmajoyaab:
Descendants of Isaac come to speak Hebrew
Descendants of Ishmael come to speak Arabic

Prophet Ibrahim and his sons probably spoke some Archaic Semitic language.

exactly so you agree that they where arabised then when Ismael mixed with the arabs making his descendants Arabized arabs

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
yes your correct and the prophet said as much that his lineage is from the Arabized arabs stock but its not something any of them actually care about except when lineage and history is being spoken about except to state they are the most noble of arabs because of decent from ismail and ibrahim.
Is that hadith sahih? How can one be more noble? You tryna tell me the drunkard royals are more noble than me? Me ancestors were nobles meanwhile these guys were busy stealing women from europe
:ivers:
One second: Nobody is better than the other other than in piety
Next: Our descendants are more noble.

I don’t get it. I get the prophets are chosen people but that’s just them. Not everyone after them. That’s literally what Christians believe in. “Ordained”.
:jaynerd:

Hamzza

VIP
exactly so you agree that they where arabised then when Ismael mixed with the arabs making his descendants Arabized arabs
Ismhael didn't mix with the Arabs his descendants developed the Arabic language.

Both Arabic and Hebrew stem from the Archaic Semitic language Prophet Ibrahim and his sons used to speak.

Is that hadith sahih? How can one be more noble? You tryna tell me the drunkard royals are more noble than me? Me ancestors were nobles meanwhile these guys were busy stealing women from europe
most noble lineage amongst the ARABS because the qurashi lineage goes back to ibrahim and the most noblest clan amongst the qurashi is banu hashim the prophets own line and obviously the most noble family is the prophets one

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Yeah but Ishmael was taught Arabic by the people in Southern Arabia. It’s not like he created the language/people. Arabs existed already and Ishamel ain’t one. He Arabized himself by taking up their language and marr

most noble lineage amongst the ARABS because the qurashi lineage goes back to ibrahim and the most noblest clan amongst the qurashi is banu hashim the prophets own line and obviously the most noble family is the prophets one
Read my edit. My opinion still stands. If we keeping it real, we descend from Ibrahim too. The time we left Natufian region adds up and we are paternally Natufian. Which prophet do you think we are descendants of?

Ismhael didn't mix with the Arabs his descendants developed the Arabic language.

Both Arabic and Hebrew stem from the Archaic Semitic language Prophet Ibrahim and his sons used to speak.
i know his descendants developed the arabic language but he married and mixed with the people and spoke there language.

what he originally spoke was the language then that the arabs who settled around makkah spoke. his descendants didn't make anything new they just further developed what already existed until it became arabic. ismail grew up his whole life around the arabs when Ibrahim left him and hajar in makkah.

Yeah but Ishmael was taught Arabic by the people in Southern Arabia. It’s not like he created the language/people. Arabs existed already and Ishamel ain’t one. He Arabized himself by taking up their language and marr

Read my edit. My opinion still stands. If we keeping it real, we descend from Ibrahim too. The time we left Natufian region adds up and we are paternally Natufian. Which prophet do you think we are descendants of?
are Natufians arabs?

Yeah but Ishmael was taught Arabic by the people in Southern Arabia. It’s not like he created the language/people. Arabs existed already and Ishamel ain’t one.

Yup, Arabs already existed and Ishmael didn't speak Arabic so I don't know how he gonna develop the language. He married from them and learned their language. @Hamzza, which Seerah or history book says Ishmael developed the Arabic language?

Hamzza

VIP
One second: Nobody is better than the other other than in piety
Next: Our descendants are more noble.

I don’t get it. I get the prophets are chosen people but that’s just them. Not everyone after them. That’s literally what Christians believe in. “Ordained”.
:jaynerd:
The Arabs as a group/race are better than the Non-Arabs but an individual Arab is not better than an individual Non-Arab. This is the view of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamah.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’m not sure what most of these descendants have done to be considered noble. Yes, he’s our prophet, but that’s about it for me. I read some hadith where it said if there is a non-banu hashim and a banu hashim then the leadership should be given to banu hashim

Just look at these royals all over muslim countries who claim to be descendants of Banu Hashim and their people worship them for it when they act and live like kufar. It’s a slippery slope.
:axvmm9o:

Trending