Wagar, Fertility and Phallic Stelae: Cushitic Sky-God Belief and the Site of Saint Aw-Barkhadle in S

Discussion in 'History' started by Hemaal, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hemaal

Hemaal Jet life till my next life

Ratings:
    +4,952
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gambar

Gambar

Ratings:
    +4,006
    I heard the story of Aw Barkadle, he was the forefather of the Yibir clan. My grandmother told me the story and she said when Sh Ishxaaq arrived in Somaliland he challenged Aw Barkadle to prove his magic was greater than the power of Allah swt and he lost. He perished. Some say he just disappeared and did not die and that Yibir don't die they simply disappear. Now every time a son is born one must pay Yibir blood money for the death of Aw Barkadle their son may die or get some kind of defect. Yibir then give the son an amulet to protect the child from the evil eye. Although Somalis are Muslims they clearly retained their superstitious practices.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hemaal

Ratings:
    +4,952

I didn't know the whole story but i heard the Yibir collecting their fees "Samaayo" because of some curse!

Do they still collect?:cosbyhmm:

Although I'm not sure Aw Barkadle was Yibir, why would they call him the saint if he practiced some sort of sorcery?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gambar

Gambar

Ratings:
    +4,006
    He was allegedly a soothsayer and Yibir speak a secret language. They sound like fables who knows how true this is. I've heard people still pay offerings.

5. Madara x

Madara x Information Changes Situations.

Ratings:
    +251

Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to reading it. :salute:

• Like Like x 1
  6. merka

merka ʏᴍᴏʜɢɪ

Ratings:
    +11,085
    Lol what's with this woman pushing this phallic narrative? They are just regular gravestones.

You're confusing Aw Barkhadle with Bucur Bucayr, the ancestors of Yibir.

Aw Barkhadle arrived in Hargeisa where he killed Bucur Bucayr and brought Islam to the region. He's considered a saint and people visit his grave regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AceofSom

AceofSom nx]\\0-9

Ratings:
    +2,433
    Another Arab mofo in Somalia :comeon:

8. doroafels

doroafels

Ratings:
    +401
    Lol, stop hating. You should be happy that we have Islam. Ethiopia would have probably consumed us by now and made us convert to Roman Catholicism.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hemaal

Ratings:
    +4,952
    I asked around and found out he was a local sxb! Yeaa he was the one who killed Bucur bucayr but one thing I don't understand is that if this incident happened somewhere in the north why did Somalis even from south used to compensate the Yibir tribe? Could it mean all Somali tribes settled in the north sometime back? :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  10. AceofSom

AceofSom nx]\\0-9

Ratings:
    +2,433
    The last thing we need is kissing arab ass. Somali will be cleansed,soon rather then later.:cool:

11. merka

merka ʏᴍᴏʜɢɪ

Ratings:
    +11,085
    Yeah it's well known Somalis originated in the north. They came to the south and replaced the Oromos that lived there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. doroafels

doroafels

Ratings:
    +401
    :bell: Disappointing. Arabs are here to stay. Even your great-great-great grandfather could have been an Arab, you never know.
    :kanyeshrug:

13. SOMALI GENERAL

SOMALI GENERAL

Ratings:
    +2,603
    Yes our ancestors accepted Islam willingly. Btw just to let you know, the habesha practice orthodox Christianity which in some aspects is similar to Islam cause they follow the old testament.

14. SOMALI GENERAL

SOMALI GENERAL

Ratings:
    +2,603
    Some scholars believe Somalis originated from the Abysinnian highlands and moved southwards to expand.
    :hmm:

15. AceofSom

AceofSom nx]\\0-9

Ratings:
    +2,433
    :pacspit: I share nothing with them basil eating mofo. You and their supporters will be deported along with them

Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load.
Draft saved Draft deleted