Vintage Somalia Pics that I like alot

Somali women performing a dance 1940s (prolly buraanbur)
somalia-a-group-of-somali-women-perform-a-song-and-dance-original-manuscript-caption-a-womens-...jpg

Somali Bantu men eating soor 1920s
Screenshot 2022-11-14 183922.png

Somali Boy not sure what year this was taken but im sure it was taken in xamar
Mabruk-0010329.jpg

Reer Xamar children not sure what year
arabo-somali.jpg

Mother and son Kismayo
mother-son-kismayo-somalia-east-africa-14394818.jpg.png

Somali women weaving baskets 1940s
somalia-two-somali-women-sit-weaving-wicker-baskets-circa-1940-200008411357-2AH7RD2.jpg

Kismayo
people-kismayo-somalia-east-africa-14394816.jpg.png

Somali Man with his Camel 19th century
Screenshot_20221114_191113.png

Somali Women and children 1940s
Screenshot 2022-10-09 030949.png

Off topic, but I always find it funny when people say Somali women didn't start covering until the war as if there's not ample photographic evidence of them wearing the hijab.

Great pictures. I really like the third one of the little boy. He looks very dapper. Perhaps his family were wealthy.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Off topic, but I always find it funny when people say Somali women didn't start covering until the war as if there's not ample photographic evidence of them wearing the hijab.
Usually in the culture they cover their hair when they get married

some benadiri clans traditionally didn’t and still don’t wear hijabs until marriage, so idiot murtards gloom onto them for their agenda.

There is no choice now though, that is the difference, no point risking being blown up by Alshabab, and there are plenty of pictures of women not wearing hijab back then too.

Trending

Latest posts