• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

Victim mentality amongst Somali youth

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」
VIP
When you feel like a victim you tend to not take action and then you don’t have to risk for example rejection or failure. To break out of this loophole we must address our weak culture and parents first which is the cause of all this.

The black community are notorious for playing victims and when Somalis associate themselves with blacks that is where this victim mentality comes from. It all goes down to Somalis having no sense of identity. For example, Somalis seek attention and validation from the black community. They want to be part of this wider community and this is due to their low self-esteem. They're too busy focusing on black politics and black identity. They don't acknowledge their Somali identity and don't even want to associate with it because they feel it's embarrassing. That's why you have young Somalis fetishizing Ajnabis because they want to cleanse their Somaliness.

As @Jimmer said Somalis need to have some pride. We need our parents to teach our kids about their rich culture and history so they can be proud of who they are. We need to stop assosicating ourselves with the black community. Nothing against them but you're Somali, full stop. We need to stop being lenient towards interracial marriages. We need to teach our kids to have some self-respect then we wouldn't be seeing loud or embarrassing Somalis on the internet. We would be lowkey and progressive like the other Muslim communities and inshallah, we get there.
We live in a society that's richer and full of opportunities then anytime time in human history. Yet, these people still be complaining. Ridiculous. Some reason there parents live in the ghetto they arrived to 20+ years ago. Nothing is helping them

Victim mentality is just blaming others for your own problems. You see, even if i have a problem caused by others, i won't complain - i get what's mine.

If someone is racist to me, you can bet your bottom dollar ill be racist back. :kanyeshrug: you cannot ask an oppressor for mercy lol

Desert Flower

I Specialize in Buuq iyo Qeylo.
VIP
We live in a society that's richer and full of opportunities then anytime time in human history. Yet, these people still be complaining. Ridiculous. Some reason there parents live in the ghetto they arrived to 20+ years ago. Nothing is helping them
I don’t understand people who demand that the government take care of them. The people who demand government housing. It should be temporary until you get on your feet and then move out. It’s not forever.

Desert Flower

I Specialize in Buuq iyo Qeylo.
VIP
Victim mentality is just blaming others for your own problems. You see, even if i have a problem caused by others, i won't complain - i get what's mine.

If someone is racist to me, you can bet your bottom dollar ill be racist back. :kanyeshrug: you cannot ask an oppressor for mercy lol
Yes, but to go into a situation thinking that said person will treat you bad based on your race? Looks? Religious attire? It can lead to self fulfilling prophecy sometimes.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」
VIP
I don’t understand people who demand that the government take care of them. The people who demand government housing. It should be temporary until you get on your feet and then move out. It’s not forever.
Belief system in really powerful. Why a black immigrants more successful then black people born in the west? I don't know but they don't have the belief system limited them and a drive for success you never see in a black first world born kid.

The one born kids in a first world country have low self esteeme, the belonging to a fragile group and complancey to be at the bottom of society. Especially, when they take the American black belief system.

@Factz read this. Yet, they tell us we are the victim. Unbelievable

• A recent American economy study found that immigrants and the children of immigrants founded 45 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies, amassing $6.1 trillion in annual revenue last year

• Last year, a Citigroup and Oxford University report found that two-thirds of U.S. GDP expansion since 2011 was "directly attributable to migration." The report reflected that the risks of migration draw in people who are inherently entrepreneurial-minded despite only making up about 14 percent of the overall U.S. population

Last edited:
Most young people today lack self esteem. Their perception of reality is coming from what they see and hear from this poisonous media and it starts at a early age. Victimization is taught early in our school systems here. It's the same reason we have Martin Luther King Jr day but no Malcolm X day. This society has placed many traps for people but learn from the mistakes of others.

Somalis need to teach their kids that yes we’re black, but we’re Somali first. Somalis should only worry about ourselves and that’s it.

So many Somalis I know seem to think we’re African Americans. I had a friend who complained about white people not giving black people a break when it came to discrimination. She said something like “we went through how many years of slavery and we’re still getting discriminated against?”
Guys I was fucking shocked :jaynerd:
I Agee with you except the part about teaching our kids about being black . We need to stick to being Somali. That is it. The black label is pretty useless. It doesn’t serve us any good

We have nothing to do with blacks. Nor any other African. We are Somali first and Muslim second. But because Somalia has been completely destroyed by Darood/Hawiye scum we have to find refugee in our clan enclaves and this stops us from reaching our full potential.

Somalis in truth don't give a shit about, Arabs, Blacks, Africans, Indians, Muslims, jew, christian, Chinese or any other ethnic group. If Somalia was at peace, every few Somalis would travel to the outside world.

I don't think we can stop the cycle, the presence of a father is very important in a childs life. Unless these lowlife faraaxs stop leaving their children, then this will continue.

I believe victim mentality stems from selfhate. The root of selfhate in Somali kids is caused by numerous experiences they had while growing up. Not having a father being the biggest one.

Yes, but to go into a situation thinking that said person will treat you bad based on your race? Looks? Religious attire? It can lead to self fulfilling prophecy sometimes.
I had a racist timajilic Manager who overworked me, he said he wanted his friends in India in my position instead because they would appreciate working in the UK headquarters with cutting edge technology.

I didn't wail or complain to HR since they would take his side no matter what. I quietly found a new job, personally requested my notice to be cut down to 1 day just so that i don't have to see his face ever again (which btw, i also said to his face) and then gave the worst possible job review on Glassdoor. Suffice to say, i got my own back.

Can you blame them? Being a victim makes you part of the elite privileged class that gets to browbeat and "educate" people on social media nowdays. Let's see how far blaming whitey and calling people "racially insensitive" on twitter instead of striving to better themselves get them lol

Sophisticate

Staff Member
Somalis with a victimhood mentality are difficult to reason with since many of them consider their views sacrosanct. And saying anything to the contrary is darn near blasphemous. They hold on to their views of pervassive oppression but ignore the gains made across time for people of colour. No one is blocking their access from attending any institutions nor out right exclaiming they don't belong. Racism certainly exists and so do implicit biases but the degree to which this is the case is less common than they are willing to admit. These Somalis also ignore their privilledges in having access to adequate education, health care and infrastructure relative to those back home.

It’s immigrant issue. M of Somalis and immigrants who make it to west see being in the west as the ultimate achievement. What else is to achieve other than join the victim olympic and be careless in general?

Somali will split into classes like cadaans. Working, Middle and Upper.

Ones with victim mentality will form the lower classes. It's natural.

Sophisticate

Staff Member
Somali will split into classes like cadaans. Working, Middle and Upper.

Ones with victim mentality will form the lower classes. It's natural.
Not necessarily. There are some soon-to-be middle class Somalis looking to find discrimination in every encounter. :mjlol: Even in fast food drive thrus. And we'll see picketing inside a Wholefoods about unfair hiring practices soon.

Religion, culture, education, work ethic, and a good perspective should be instilled in kids from early on. A strong constitution is what they need to deal with the world and become successful.

Victimhood mentality is an effective form of self-sabotage. Make sure your kids take nothing for granted and that they must take ownership of their failures and not blame it on the system/government. There are billions of people in the world that don't have access to these institutions, so they're stuck in their unfortunate situation while these spoiled people complain about not being privileged enough.

Qali

Blaayo Iyo Bash Bash
Somalis need to teach their kids that yes we’re black, but we’re Somali first. Somalis should only worry about ourselves and that’s it.

So many Somalis I know seem to think we’re African Americans. I had a friend who complained about white people not giving black people a break when it came to discrimination. She said something like “we went through how many years of slavery and we’re still getting discriminated against?”
Guys I was fucking shocked :jaynerd:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.