VICE News: Inside The US War on Terror in Somalia

Regular special forces go through years of rigorous training before they see any action,
these boys only had few months of "basic" training. :mjcry:
atleast they are better than what we had, it's a step in the right direction .
Gorgor/haramcad has 6 months - 1 year of training. Danab is only being trained in Gorgor camps.

They are getting training with Turkish drones in Isparta so soon in the future hopefully

EwJSlwnXAAAtqBG

EwJSlwqXIAQkIQu

They are just inspecting not getting training for a gadjet a 3rd world country will never get to use 😂😂 Somalia first needs heavy weaponry and not drones: we can’t trust mx with small arms the arms embargo will continue Till Yawmul Qiyaama :damn:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I stopped watching foreign made documentaries about Somalia by conflict profiteers. They're always painting a negative picture for viewership, further spreading hopelessness amongst the mass. We need to start taking control of our own narrative and highlight the progress and positivity we have achieved to inspire our people :)

I also thought danab are a highly capable and well trained. Turns out it's a rag-tag militia:dead1:
Beyond that, their tactics are totally counterproductive. Smashing and destroying the jiingado that these poor, poverty stricken people live in, will only result in turning the entire community against you. That is a huge factor in why Al Shabaab is successful in Somalia. The often have support in local communities, and more will end up supporting them when they are brutalized like those we saw in the video.

The best way to drive out Al Shabaab is that you work with the local community and you make sure they are supplying you the intelligence about AS, and not the other way around. You do that by building positive relationships with the communities. You don't do that by destroying the little these people have.

Also, it's utter horseshit when that commander says that they'll fix any damage they caused. I'd want to see that in action before believing such an obvious lie. They fed the cadaan dude that BS because they know it is what the cadaan guy wanted to hear.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts