USA Somalis children bullied

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not gonna stop because these emotional negros just keep coming back for more all

200w.gif

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Do you tell this to your white friends? Of how deprived Somali sare? They're wearing Hijabs just like their hooyos

Somali girls say it themselves. I've met a ton of Somali girls who have stopped wearing the head scarf and all of them share the same story. all of them say their parents forced it on them when they were young and then had to wear it because taking it off is shameful so they were stuck with it. People gotta be honest these girls were not older than 15 yet all of them were wearing the hijab surely they've been told to wear it. Everyone can see it stop making excuses.

Lol, don't get """"testy""""" with me, I didn't make the study.

Refugees are not self selected for intelligence or skills, they're literally a random collection of people who happen to be in a particular refugee camp. You can't really compare the elites of Nigeria or any other country with a random assortment of goat herders, villagers, and the occasional professional. There's no need to be disingenuous.

Like I said, the study is pretty damning in its assessment of AAs. Despite living in the same conditions, a bunch of refugees consistently outscore the native AAs who no longer can blame da white man or da projeccs.

You obviously didn't bother to READ the study either. Because, if you did you'd wouldn't be surprised at students who are multi lingual performing better than those who are mono-lingual. Especially seeing as, if you didn't know already, the study didn't actually isolate ethnic African-Americans from ethnic Somalis and then compare the populations, but just provided an appraisal of students based on language skills. SOME African-Americans, particularly those whos parents are well traveled or from a family of military brats do learn and speak multiple languages at home, thus wouldn't fall under the category of monolingual english speakers, thus deflating the actual AA figures. And doesn't include Somalis not proficient in English, thus inflating their figures

Here's a quote from the article itself:

The numbers do have significant limitations, Teoh said. That’s because they are based on home-language information that is entirely self-reported, and the data exclude English Language Learners — an optional program for students who score poorly on an English proficiency test.

Most of all, Teoh said, because the English-speaking category includes students of many black ethnic groups, it’s impossible to compare specific ethnic groups.

So, even members of the school board from which the study that you're having wet dreams over was conducted states that it has a lot of flaws. But, hey if this ONE small sample size, pre-secondary school, assessment study helps you sleep at night in the wake of all your "beobles" absolutely abysmal figures and virutal lack of accomplishments across the span of 1000s of years in comparsion to the plethora of mine over the span of a mere 151 years then have at it, print it out, show your hooyo, and hang it on your refrigerator for all I care.

FYI, the refugee security screening process does in fact rule out the worst, most criminal, or mental unstable of somalis(which statistically there are the most of any people in the world), thus would make Somali-Americans(the most successful somali diaspora) an inaccurate representation of somalis as a whole. Lets not even talk about the help that immigrant refugees receive in the form of housing, free job training, language courses, and cash assistance upon arrival.
http://www.rstx.org/houston.html
http://www.rcusa.org/post-arrival-assistance-and-benefits

Now again, care to explain to me the reason as to why somalis in America perform worse than refugees from the Former Soviet Union, Vietnam, Former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Myanmar despite having less of a refugee intake than all of those groups or why they all managed to restore peace and rebuild their nations(save for Iraq)?

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
So it all boils down to being multilingual

:chrisfreshhah:

Obviously you haven't read the article

"...The reason was that the immigrants had a higher socioeconomic background, she said.

But that explanation may falter when Seattle’s Somali population is considered.

Many of the Somalis, after all, did not follow a normal pattern of immigration. Their families came to the U.S. to escape their war-torn country, many by way of refugee camps. But they still did better than English-speaking African Americans on the tests.

Veronica Gallardo, the director of international programs for Seattle Public Schools, speculated that the trauma experienced by Somali families causes them to value the opportunity education provides. In addition, Somali community groups tend to prioritize education, said Alexandra Blum, who works with the Somali Community Services Coalition, a nonprofit that works to empower families in King County."

"Another board member, Marty McLaren, has a different theory.

McLaren, a former teacher, believes that black students whose families have been in the U.S. for generations often perform poorly because schools and general societal structures have imposed a culture of low expectations on them dating back to the days of slavery"

:damedamn:

So it all boils down to being multilingual

:chrisfreshhah:

Obviously you haven't read the article

:damedamn:

its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

District scorecard shows steep decline in Somali student achievement

Minneapolis Public Schools’ latest scorecard shows it has made only slight gains in student achievement and some student groups, particularly Somali students, are struggling even more to meet state standards.

Overall achievement in math and reading scores stayed virtually the same for the district as whole. The scorecard also shows students receiving a 21 or higher on the ACT decreased by 3 percent.

The scorecard allows the public to take a deep dive into the district’s MCA scores, ACT scores and graduation rates by race, income status and other demographic information.

But one trend shown in the scorecard is inaccurate, district officials said. The scorecard shows that middle-class Somali children are the lowest performing group in math, with only 11 percent of them meeting standards. The scorecard shows that subgroup was 51 percent proficient in the 2012-2013 school year.

Eric Moore, the district’s director of Research, Evaluation and Assessment, said some 200 Somali students were eligible for free and reduced lunch that did not have that status at the time that they took the standardized test.

Despite the error, the district still saw a 25 percent drop in the number of middle-class Somali children that meet math standards. The dip was caused by roughly 12 students, Moore said.

“I’ve looked into that data and it’s a problem,” said outgoing board member Mohamud Noor. The district is not adding resources to address the needs of the district’s “newcomers,” students that are new to the country, which are almost entirely Somali.

The school district is equipped with data systems that allow officials to pinpoint exactly where they are losing ground in achievement. That has led to targeted initiatives for certain groups of students. But Noor said the district should be doing more to address the achievement of all students of color.

“You can go to any south west school right now, even [South High School]. Remove the white students and keep the students of color, they will become a priority school,” the designation given to schools with low academic achievement, Noor said.

Noor, who will not be on the school board come January, said Somali children no longer have access to after school programs that gave them extra tutoring in math, reading and English language skills. Funding was cut for those programs last year.

“The kids used to spend more time getting more support on a one on one level,” Noor said. “Parents are pushing me so hard on that every single day.”
http://www.startribune.com/district...line-in-somali-student-achievement/286390101/

Sorry to burst your bubble with this more recent study and throw shade at the ONE ray of shining hope you've had to keep your people from looking like complete failures this whole conversation. But, alas it had to be done.

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The scorecard shows that subgroup was 51 percent proficient in the 2012-2013 school year.

The dip was caused by roughly 12 students, Moore said.

z3zrULC

Just stop broski

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Do you even read the articles you post?

The 11% was an obvious error, the 25% drop that actually did occur was literally based off 12 students that are quite literally fresh off the boat.

Also, note how such a new community has a member on the school board, not to mention city council

:siilaanyolaugh:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'll give you this, you're very tenacious.

Not sure why you're spending so much of your energy proving yourself to us, but I'll give you that :lol:

I s-swear we're b-better than you, muh KKK muh racism, w-why you m-makin fun of us everywhere on the i-internet.

I ain't goin take it no mo

CgrpMv-UoAAw5wM.jpg

Bob Marley

retired
2014-council-photo.jpg

It's only been 15 or so years

:banderas:

We'll have Somali senators in another decade

Both Somalis & Ethios have been in the states since 1960s (Probably earlier)
So why haven't you already passed AAs?

Regardless of it were only a few, it still counts, right!? I hope that logic sounds familiar to you :ulachen001:

But honestly, you've always been outshined by blacks in the diaspora. Even a little island like Jamaica manages to remain 10x more relevant than your country ever has, with it's culture & music that's been heard around the world.

Not to mention it's given us the likes of.. you know who.
Can you name a single Somali person who's as known as he is?

Stay mad:dance:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Be honest Bobby, have you ever been to prison?

Statistically speaking, one of you, Isme, and Youtoo have.

:dabcasar:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I would love to, but I think youtoo is preparing another thesis and I can't get caught lacking

Do you even read the articles you post?

The 11% was an obvious error, the 25% drop that actually did occur was literally based off 12 students that are quite literally fresh off the boat.
Again

Despite the error, the district still saw a 25 percent drop in the number of middle-class Somali children that meet math standards.

Wow, you sure are a persistent one. Such cognitive dissonance in the face of overwhelming evidence of your people's performance is baffling to say the least.

Somali students have the lowest GPA in Portland public schools.
http://www.pps.net/cms/lib8/OR01913224/Centricity/Domain/207/state_of_somali_students_oct_2015.pdf

Screenshot (3).png

Buh, wah bout tat ONE stutty of teh students in zeatle tat sho my beoble arnt komplete faylurs world over.

I would love to, but I think youtoo is preparing another thesis and I can't get caught lacking

I'm doing you a favor by even engaging you on the ONE subject, the academic performance preK-12th grade students in America, which is only area in life where you feel your people have a leg to stand on in life compared to us. I mean, you'll just ignore any conversation on the comparison when it comes to income, unemployment rates, college graduation rates, notable achievements in the fields of math, science, technology, or arts, and for good reason. You'd look even sillier than you do already.

Last edited:
It's funny how Minnesota is representative of all of North America, stupid Euro-trash obsessed with the US. If it wasn't for us ,you guys would be speaking German.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Lol, you should've edited out the part where says the 25% drop was because of 12 students :ftw9nwa:

As for the rest, the pertinent portion of the Seattle study I highlighted dealt with non-ESL Somali students. The Portland study did not make a distinction, which would obviously depress scores since any refugee community is going to struggle in a completely new environment. Out of the 582 Somali students, 353 are identified as Limited English Proficiency.

Despite that glaring lack of English, AA GPAs are only 0.03 higher than Somali GPAs

:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Not only that, Black students were suspended or expelled at higher rates than any other group.

:yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe::yloezpe:

Just stop bro

arsehole relying on some silly test score. Phucker
2014-council-photo.jpg

It's only been 15 or so years

We'll have Somali senators in another decade

One of these things is not like the others. They'll keep a tight leash on the barbarian though. They must know that if they slip they'll soon be dealing with honor killings and death by stoning. Somebody should ask the refugee his opinion of sharia law.

Status
Not open for further replies.