US announces the opening of its first permanent diplomatic presence in Somalia since 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press Statement
Heather Nauert
Department Spokesperson
Washington, DC
December 4, 2018

On December 2, for the first time since the closure of the U.S. Embassy in Mogadishu on January 5, 1991, the United States reestablished a permanent diplomatic presence in Somalia. This historic event reflects Somalia’s progress in recent years and is another step forward in formalizing U.S. diplomatic engagement in Mogadishu since recognizing the Federal Government of Somalia in 2013. Our return demonstrates the United States’ commitment to further advance stability, democracy, and economic development that are in the interest of both nations. Ambassador Donald Yamamoto and his staff look forward to working closely with the people and the Federal Government of Somalia to strengthen our already close bilateral relationship in furtherance of these shared goals.

It’s obviously to take natural resources like all the other African countries.
Good luck with that. It's not like the fifties and sixties when the average African didn't know what oil was, or that the grey rocks under the ground was actually useful for something. Even the most uneducated, poor nomads know what the values of these resources are, and they'll never allow the FGS to let cadaan companies work on their land without a massive pay cut.

Not sure about the sea though.

The progress that this current government has made in less than 2 years is surreal. America has ceased all diplomacy since Siad Barre left Mogadishu them returning is definitely a good sign of what's to come. They will help with security, the infrastructure and our economic interests will flourish under the guidance of the US. After the security situation is under more control they will be central in helping lift the arms embargo on Somalia as well. Guul mudane madaxweyne shacabka aa kadanbayo.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
I keep telling you guys Somalia is ripe for exploitation the time has come for peace and shiny buildings but no money for the average Somali :manny:

The progress that this current government has made in less than 2 years is surreal. America has ceased all diplomacy since Siad Barre left Mogadishu them returning is definitely a good sign of what's to come. They will help with security, the infrastructure and our economic interests will flourish under the guidance of the US. After the security situation is under more control they will be central in helping lift the arms embargo on Somalia as well. Guul mudane madaxweyne shacabka aa kadanbayo.
Syria, Libya and Iraq say hi.

Syria, Libya and Iraq say hi.

Syria and Libya are going through what Somalia did in 1991. They both wanted their governments overthrown by force and are now paying the consequences for their actions. Iraq is a different situation, America went in their under the pretenses of WMD being present to shift Geopolitics because Iraq at the time was vastly more important strategically than Somalia is now. In this time of our history returning cooperation between us and America only has benefits for us.

Most Somalis idiotically think America is some kind of an enemy power, but in all honestly that couldn't be further from the truth. The west are the ones who let us into their countries and give out economic opportunities and education, they're the ones who constantly bomb the al kabab scourge in our country and their the ones who bring the humanitarian aid. I am sick of hearing anti-west and pro-khaleeji views. What did these arab dogs do for us? Nothing it's time we align our interests with the west like the Saudis did in the 1930s.

Shaolin23

Syria and Libya are going through what Somalia did in 1991. They both wanted their governments overthrown by force and are now paying the consequences for their actions. Iraq is a different situation, America went in their under the pretenses of WMD being present to shift Geopolitics because Iraq at the time was vastly more important strategically than Somalia is now. In this time of our history returning cooperation between us and America only has benefits for us.

Most Somalis idiotically think America is some kind of an enemy power, but in all honestly that couldn't be further from the truth. The west are the ones who let us into their countries and give out economic opportunities and education, they're the ones who constantly bomb the al kabab scourge in our country and their the ones who bring the humanitarian aid. I am sick of hearing anti-west and pro-khaleeji views. What did these arab dogs do for us? Nothing it's time we align our interests with the west like the Saudis did in the 1930s.
Your really misinformed bro :bell:

Your really misinformed bro :bell:

If you believe I am misinformed it'd be beneficial for you to take on my points and prove it rather than just saying "Your wrong".

After the Arab spring protests that happened all around the muslim world. Many leaders got sacked, however Ghaddafi and Bashar al Assad continued to stay. Their people held mass protests and within those protests the government and people had numerous clashes. Once a nation reaches that point insurgencies are more present. Ghaddafi was against US interests and under the pretense of democracy they aided his own people in publicly beating him and killing him. After that the country fell into the chaos that it's still in today that is a fact.

Syria is more complicated because it's devolved into a proxy war between US/Israel supporting the anti-Assad factions aka Moderate sunni groups kkkk. And Russia/Iran on the other side aiding Bashar Al Assad. That civil war started in a similar manner. Government forces vs civilians with armed insurgents within attacking the army. I could go on writing for pages but I'll give you a chance to refute and say that I'm wrong.

Shaolin23

If you believe I am misinformed it'd be beneficial for you to take on my points and prove it rather than just saying "Your wrong".

After the Arab spring protests that happened all around the muslim world. Many leaders got sacked, however Ghaddafi and Bashar al Assad continued to stay. Their people held mass protests and within those protests the government and people had numerous clashes. Once a nation reaches that point insurgencies are more present. Ghaddafi was against US interests and under the pretense of democracy they aided his own people in publicly beating him and killing him. After that the country fell into the chaos that it's still in today that is a fact.

Syria is more complicated because it's devolved into a proxy war between US/Israel supporting the anti-Assad factions aka Moderate sunni groups kkkk. And Russia/Iran on the other side aiding Bashar Al Assad. That civil war started in a similar manner. Government forces vs civilians with armed insurgents within attacking the army. I could go on writing for pages but I'll give you a chance to refute and say that I'm wrong.
America is the worlds empire as the ruling state in the world your task is to completely dominate and control every single country in the world in all facets economically militarily and socially anybody who is opposed to that will be destroyed using overt means (Iraq) and covert means (Syria,Somalia,Libya,Yemen) but if they obey and surrender unconditionally they will be allowed to eat the crumbs of their own resources (Gulf States) and help destroy other “disobedient” states that even think about being free from modern colonialism (Iran,Russia,China,Turkey) if this is the world you want that’s on you but not me im sorry it is what it is but i wont support it ever

America is the worlds empire as the ruling state in the world your task is to completely dominate and control every single country in the world in all facets economically militarily and socially anybody who is opposed to that will be destroyed using overt means (Iraq) and covert means (Syria,Somalia,Libya,Yemen) but if they obey and surrender unconditionally they will be allowed to eat the crumbs of their own resources (Gulf States) and help destroy other “disobedient” states that even think about being free from modern colonialism (Iran,Russia,China,Turkey) if this is the world you want that’s on you but not me im sorry it is what it is but i wont support it ever

There is literally no gain in us being opposed to American hegemony in the world. We are a nation rife with instability and extremism. America is best country to be allied with in our war against this barbaric ideology. And in the long-term view of things being their most strategic partners in that part of the world has immense benefits because of how close we are to the Arab nations in that area. If our resource potential is then tapped into by them like BP and shell did in Saudi Arabia we will be poised to become an economic power in Africa in only a few decades. After we become economically stable and independent we can choose to distance ourselves. All I want to say is that practical objectives being achieved in the short-medium term is a lot better than being anti-west due to ideological differences and losing out on many benefits that our neighbors (Ethiopia,Gulf states) have been taking advantage of for nearly 90 years.

Who knows they might even give us socotra now that yemen is occupied.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Good luck with that. It's not like the fifties and sixties when the average African didn't know what oil was, or that the grey rocks under the ground was actually useful for something. Even the most uneducated, poor nomads know what the values of these resources are, and they'll never allow the FGS to let cadaan companies work on their land without a massive pay cut.

Not sure about the sea though.
They already work on our land without giving a massive pay cut as you call it i have seen it by my own eyes, but it dosent bother me at all cause here in life if you wanna get paid you have to be bold

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Hahahahha so what will you do about it Mr bigshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending