Untranslated works on islam in horn of africa

These 3 books, have not been translated , all in relation to Islamic treaties with ethiopia Christians and Islam in in the horn/ethiopia , skimming through the books see some family trees but don't understand Arabic, these books date from 15th -18th centaury, could contain some valuable information

Garaad diinle

 
Two of these books are one and the same. They're called الطراز المنقوش في محاسن الحبوش.
They're pretty much an antiracism books writing during the 16th century when the imam ahmed enslaved habashis and sent them to the markets of arabia india and persia. This lead to a surplus of habashi slaves in these countries and a sense of superiority developed among some arabs that lead to racism and this book aimed to reverse that.

The second book if i remember correctly is about a rumour about the solomonic ruler named fasilides that was said to have converted to islam. The ruler of yemen named al-mutawakil sent a delegation to him so that he can learn about islam the proper way. The delegation sailed to beilul on the coast of modern day eritrea and the writer made fun of the afars calling them muslim in name only. The book also insulted the القالة or the galla that were newcomer to the region.

There is a translated version of the latter book named A Yemenite Embassy to Ethiopia 1647-1649 by Emeri Johannes van Donzel but i don't know if it's available online

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Two of these books are one and the same. They're called الطراز المنقوش في محاسن الحبوش.
They're pretty much an antiracism books writing during the 16th century when the imam ahmed enslaved habashis and sent them to the markets of arabia india and persia. This lead to a surplus of habashi slaves in these countries and a sense of superiority developed among some arabs that lead to racism and this book aimed to reverse that.

The second book if i remember correctly is about a rumour about the solomonic ruler named fasilides that was said to have converted to islam. The ruler of yemen named al-mutawakil sent a delegation to him so that he can learn about islam the proper way. The delegation sailed to beilul on the coast of modern day eritrea and the writer made fun of the afars calling them muslim in name only. The book also insulted the القالة or the galla that were newcomer to the region.

There is a translated version of the latter book named A Yemenite Embassy to Ethiopia 1647-1649 by Emeri Johannes van Donzel but i don't know if it's available online
is there any mention of somalis?

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘

You made my day lmfaooo 🤣🤣🤣
This is GOLD for online Twitter beefs thanks.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Islamic civilization is the Horn is often sadly forgotten in exchange for Christian civilization. I’ve said it before but the region is a goldmine in history. It was definitely the peer of other advanced regions of the world.

Trending

Latest posts