UNSC to hold a meeting today regarding the current situation in Somalia.

The UNSC will be holding an informal indirect dialogue today with its council members on the current situation in Somalia.

A source from their website says this:

“Council members will hold an informal interactive dialogue (IID) on the situation in Somalia. At the time of writing, it was still unclear if the meeting will take place in person or via closed videoconference (VTC) format. The UK, the penholder on Somalia, organised the meeting. The expected briefers include James Swan, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Somalia and head of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM); Ambassador Abukar Dahir Osman, the Permanent Representative of Somalia to the UN; Workneh Gebeyehu, the Executive Secretary of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD); Bankole Adeoye, the AU Commissioner for Political Affairs, Peace and Security; and Rita Laranjinha, the EU Managing Director for Africa.

During tomorrow’s (April 20th) meeting, Council members are likely to engage the Somali government in determining a way forward. The format of the IID lends itself to frank, off the record and situation-specific discussion among Council members and concerned member states and other entities. IID meetings usually involve high-level representation and are chaired by the Council presidency.

Several Council members are expected to be united in their messaging and echo the concerns they have been publicly expressing, including calling for a return to the parameters set forth in the 17 September Agreement and warning of further divisions within the political landscape. Several Council members may reiterate the need to re-evaluate their engagement in and with Somalia and may suggest to the government to consider accepting external mediators to facilitate talks between the federal government and federal member state level. Council members may, however, disagree on the Council’s response to the Somali government’s actions. While some members may see engagement of the Council as necessary to promote the swift holding of elections as per the 17 September Agreement, others may view recent developments as an internal affair and defer to the Somali government in addressing the situation.”

========

Source: https://www.securitycouncilreport.o...interactive-dialogue.php#.YH56qEr5FrV.twitter

This extension won’t be accepted by anyone and best solution is to return back to Afisyooni and come to an agreement with PL and JL and hold timely elections.

You won’t build a country without trails and tribulations.

I myself think the extension was pre mature but wallahi unless they send an army to invade to force you to the table ( which they won’t) strong words and sanctions won’t harm you.

dr beiley said Somali government have a year worth of salary. They now have to work hard to get another year insallah.

the IC community will come back if they see your serious.

I myself think the extension was pre mature but wallahi unless they send an army to invade to force you to the table ( which they won’t) strong words and sanctions won’t harm you.

dr beiley said Somali government have a year worth of salary. They now have to work hard to get another year insallah.

There won't be a need for another year. The elections will be held in 13 months most likely. It wont take full two years. We are waiting for xalima yare to appear before the parliament.

Extension wasn’t even necessary because all Farmaajo had to do was sign the transfer of powers like HSM did and stay until elections happens. He didn’t want that.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Probably another generic statement of more dialogue needed, FGS has likely secured enough vetoes to make this not meaningful.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
so basically madasha supporters having an eyegasm when beesha caalamka move a muscle? lol
no eyegasm more like this
tenor.gif

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Put farmaajo N&N in jail. No need to talk with weak & dictatorship ex-president hijacking Somalia.

Trending

Latest posts