United Somalia?

Asli

igafuuq 2.0
Can someone be honest and explain why they want Somaliland, Puntland, Jubaland, etc. to be their own countries. (Explain with no bias) Why can't we as a Somali people unite and be a strong and powerful nation? Why can't we fight our enemies instead of fighting each other? Somalia is one of the only countries with an almost 100% Muslim nation we also speak the same language, share the same cultures. We are one people. Let's stop this madness. Let's also stop the whole qabiil situation. Qabiil is fine on its own but not to fight with each other. (also im a somalilander ig) :confused:

GemState

Probitas
There was no real reconciliation after the civil war

This is why people oppose a centralized Somalia, and instead identify more with their states, and even push for independence.

Last edited:
Ultimately, any Somali unity, whether within Somaliland, Somalia, Puntland etc. is not really possible if you ask me. Our societal structure, clan and sub-clan, does not foster unity. It fosters division. If Puntland was it's own country, I wouldn't give it long before they started warring between themselves. Same with Somaliland, Jubbaland etc.

Asli

igafuuq 2.0
Ultimately, any Somali unity, whether within Somaliland, Somalia, Puntland etc. is not really possible if you ask me. Our societal structure, clan and sub-clan, does not foster unity. It fosters division. If Puntland was it's own country, I wouldn't give it long before they started warring between themselves. Same with Somaliland, Jubbaland etc.
agreed. our people long for division rather than peace its sad honestly

Somaliland has been alone for nearly 30 years and Puntland for 20 yet they haven’t had any real intra-state major wars. That’s longer than the ‘unified Somalia’ lasted lol

Somaliland has been alone for nearly 30 years and Puntland for 20 yet they haven’t had any real intra-state major wars. That’s longer than the ‘unified Somalia’ lasted lol
The first 6 years of Somaliland's existence there were wars between many of the clans and subclans. To this day there are problems in Buuhoodle, Sool and Sanaag areas between the peoples who live there.
Puntland isn't its own country and there are not vast sums to fight over. If Puntland was its own country, I'm certain the subclans would be fighting over who should control such funds/power. Even recently the Leelkase were complaining about being abused/killed by the Puntland police.

agreed. our people long for division rather than peace its sad honestly
I don't know that they long for it, more that it is a central part of how our society is structured.

Case in point: The lowest sub-sub-sub-sub etc clan I am a part of is probably at most a couple of thousand people. Recently a little water well we used to settle around has developed into a little town. They are now fighting over who should control that little town, to the point that two people died fighting over it a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Asli

igafuuq 2.0
I don't know that they long for it, more that it is a central part of how our society is structured.

Case in point: The lowest sub-sub-sub-sub etc clan I am a part of is probably at most a couple of thousand people. Recently a little water well we used to settle around has developed into a little town. They are now fighting over who should control that little town, to the point that two people died fighting over it a couple of years ago.
i love the way you wrote that mashallah you spit facts

i love the way you wrote that mashallah you spit facts
I was joking with an uncle of mine how ridiculous the fight was. 1. The place they are fighting about is so small it doesn't even feature on any map. 2. Pretty much everyone on either side of the fight is very closely related, to the point that each and every one of them has likely been to everyone else's house at some point. I was probably exaggerating a little, but the general point was absolutely true.

Somalinimo sounds nice but it doesn't help the people who suffer under these corrupt politicans. Thats why i support somaliland having independence so they can remove themselves from the chaos that is Somali politics. They have their own problems but it doesn't compare to Somalia's issues.

Asli

igafuuq 2.0
Thats the thing though. Both sides are terrible. If we all unite we wouldn't have much issues in the economy, government, or our people. Im just praying that Inshallah we become a peaceful nation.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Can someone be honest and explain why they want Somaliland, Puntland, Jubaland, etc. to be their own countries. (Explain with no bias) Why can't we as a Somali people unite and be a strong and powerful nation? Why can't we fight our enemies instead of fighting each other? Somalia is one of the only countries with an almost 100% Muslim nation we also speak the same language, share the same cultures. We are one people. Let's stop this madness. Let's also stop the whole qabiil situation. Qabiil is fine on its own but not to fight with each other. (also im a somalilander ig) :confused:
My SHadar says otherwise

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The first 6 years of Somaliland's existence there were wars between many of the clans and subclans. To this day there are problems in Buuhoodle, Sool and Sanaag areas between the peoples who live there.
Puntland isn't its own country and there are not vast sums to fight over. If Puntland was its own country, I'm certain the subclans would be fighting over who should control such funds/power. Even recently the Leelkase were complaining about being abused/killed by the Puntland police.
Oh, there's plenty to fight over in Puntland. We just don't war with one another because we have a strong xeer system that people actually follow. Our disputes are handled by our nabadoons and blood money is always paid in cases of violence. There are occasional moments of tension, but we've never experienced all-out clan war the way other regions have.

Certain Leelkaase elders were complaining about their drug dealers being killed because of their persecution complex. Mudug security forces have been carrying out aggressive anti drug operations for weeks now. The drug dealers come from all clans. In one of the worse incidents, security forces attacked the main drug base in Gaalkacyo, but the head of the presidential guard was killed in combat. This drug base was operated by members of a single Majeerteen subclan. Instead of crying about police brutality to drug dealers, the elders of this subclan gave their full support to the government and even donated food to the soldiers.

Karim

باسمك اللهم
VIP
Politics is the driving force behind our division. If we had a system of governance like hereditary Monarchy where 1 King is supreme for life until death and his close family relative takes over the throne, I wholeheartedly believe there wouldn't be a room for division and hatred. Clans can fight over wells and postures but the king will resolve it giving both warring clans a strict warning.

Tribal societies tend to show more cohesion and unity when they're not fighting over the throne. Just look at Arabs, most of their governments are either monarchs or dictators and the ones with representative system of governance are dysfunctional with obscene amounts of hatred amongst their populations (e.g Lebanon and Iraq).

Somalia shall be fragmented warring tribes forever OR disintegrate and each state form it's own country OR let the aristocrats form monarchy and rule this nation for eternity.

Jiron

Midnimadeenu Waa Guusha Qaraanka
VIP
The people would not mind it however some of our leaders do not know how to compromise. I am sure within our lifetime, we will see our problems solved and our people once again living side by side in harmony:)