UK Somali's soo gala

I've been affected by Brexit

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Question, has Brexit affected you in any way up to now? E.g. job opportunities, business loss and holidays. And do you think the UK was better off in the EU?

UK Somalispotters, xagee gasheen?
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Yes, I went to a trip abroad a few months ago in another European city and they made me queue longer. The other countries in the EU were quickly processed.

It has affected businesses. Trade & travel has definitely been made more difficult for sure.

I voted to remain in 2016. I think it was a mistake to leave. Oh well.

Shaygoosh

Dadkaan ahay waa Duriyad Saare iyo Dawolad! ๐Ÿ‘‘
Yes, I went to a trip abroad a few months ago in another European city and they made me queue longer. The other countries in the EU were quickly processed.

It has affected businesses. Trade & travel has definitely been made more difficult for sure.

I voted to remain in 2016. I think it was a mistake to leave. Oh well.

Aside from travels, in what way did this impact businesses aside from trade if you donโ€™t mind me asking.

less competition for elite jobs
But wouldn't that make the UK less competitive than its neighbours since the talent pool the UK can readily draw from is smaller? Less competition would seem like an upside now but later on, would cause the elite jobs to move away.

I think the Europeans that lived in the UK pre-Brexit have it the best tbh. They can stay however long they need to in the UK while also being able to live and work in the entire EU and EEA.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Shits expensive

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Cost of living is far worse for Britain than the rest of mainland Europe because of the adverse effects of Brexit.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Cost of living is far worse for Britain than the rest of mainland Europe because of the adverse effects of Brexit.
I've seen so many nice shops in my area shut down for good in the past 2 years alone.
I'll never forget that turkish kebab shop at the end of my street called "Little Anatolia" They served the best kebabs for such a good price.
It was started by an old man who wanted to put some of his money into starting it because he wanted to do some work in the catering industry but the economic shit show that was the last 2 years forced him to sell it and go into retirement, i feel bad for the guy he was a turkish immigrant who worked hard his whole life and wanted to build a family business

Khaemwaset

VIP
No I got a eu passport anyway
I only got a British and Djiboutian passport.
Technically i can get a Somali passport due to my noble blood and i can get French passport due to my mother being a French citizen

Trending