Financial Times (kind of)

Labour

Daily Mirror
The Guardian (kind of)

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
International significance

Normally, British elections don’t have major stakes for the rest of the world. But the Brexit referendum, the much-larger-than-normal ideological divide between the Conservatives and Labour, and the Trump presidency have all amped up the consequences. It’s not an overstatement to say this is one of the most profoundly significant British elections for the rest of the world in recent memory.

Brexit is the most obvious reason why. The Tories have taken a harsh anti-immigration position, calling for no more than 100,000 people to be admitted to Britain per year. For this to happen, they need to end the free flow of people between the European Union and Britain currently mandated by EU law. Three million EU citizens currently live in the UK; 250,000 EU citizens moved to the UK last year alone.

The problem, though, is that the EU is unlikely to agree to this and continue to allow the UK access to the EU’s common market, which grants all EU countries privileged trade status with each other. The UK depends on trade with the EU: About 44 percent of its exports go to the rest of Europe. Getting starkly cut off from the common market could, as a result, tank the UK economy — and likely damage the EU’s as well.

That scenario, a hard break from both EU immigration and trade laws, is called a “hard Brexit,” and will happen automatically unless the EU and UK come to softer terms. May appears very comfortable with it, judging by her campaign rhetoric: “No deal for Britain is better than a bad deal for Britain,” she’s said repeatedly.

Corbyn and Labour, by contrast, seem more willing to compromise on immigration. Whoever wins, then, will be in charge of negotiations that affect millions of immigrants’ lives and billions of dollars of economic activity.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/8/15752210/uk-election-2017-british-polls

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
6aNFPqh.png

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
I hope Labour wins.

But, I think the Tories will win.

I'm really unsure on who will win.
:bell:

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope Labour wins.

But, I think the Tories will win.

I'm really unsure on who will win.
:bell:
It will depend on the young vote. 1 million registered to vote in 1 month. There will be a huge youth turnout due to Brexit and austerity.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
It will depend on the young vote. 1 million registered to vote in 1 month. There will be a huge youth turnout due to Brexit and austerity.

Yeah, politics has really targeted the youth.

Like, local MPs came to my sixth form and they were talking about their different stances on what they want to improve in our local borough. Lots of people in my year are voting and there is a great emphasis of voting especially for people in my year.

I thank all the influential people on Youth culture such as Grime artists like JME, Stormzy all encouraging the Youth to vote.

It's amazing how these people encouraged the Youth to such a great extent that we could possibly have a good outcome tomorrow morning when we get the results. Hopefully, Labour will win!

Abumaas

So By The Book I Preach & By The Sword I Implement
I am confused. Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

The point i am trying to state it out, is that there is a clear conspiracy by the authority to hold or rather subjugate the youth until Brexit is finalised, those twitter i posted shows an ounce of that subjugation.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
1f8a5bdf-234e-4a55-b357-51b191ae85af[1].jpg

A candidate for the Women’s Equality Party has been left “distressed and disturbed” after she received a vitriolic letter of racist and misogynistic abuse which was signed “Jo Cox”. Nimco Ali, a vocal female genital mutilation campaigner, received the handwritten death threat referring to the horrific murder of Labour MP Ms Cox at the party's headquarters in Southwark.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
The point i am trying to state it out, is that there is a clear conspiracy by the authority to hold or rather subjugate the youth until Brexit is finalised, those twitter i posted shows an ounce of that subjugation.

They called it an administrative error. It's happening all over the country. :icon e geek:

Even if Labour loses, which I hope doesn't happen, it will finally put an end to the blairites agenda, this is because there is no possible way that Labour now can lose less than what Ed recieved in 2015. Finally, back to the old Labour.

Also the livestream starts at 9.55pm, exit poll is at 10pm which is usually accurate and the first results come around 11pm.

Inshallah Labour wins.
FOR THE MANY
NOT THE FEW
tenor.gif

vwd2mznde6dyi-ixayxytjjfrqck3kqv-xlarge.jpg

Last edited:

Abumaas

So By The Book I Preach & By The Sword I Implement
They called it an administrative error. It's happening all over the country. :icon e geek:

There is a real power struggle going on between the Elites of the British (Mostly Conservative) and EU, so far the balance of that struggle is equal, and because of that the British Youth might tilt it up for the EU in this election if given the chance, so for that not to happen an censorship of the youth is in order temporarily.

:browtf: Some even say the royal family have given their consent in this subjection, in the name of their pride

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
There is a real power struggle going on between the Elites of the British (Mostly Conservative) and EU, so far the balance of that struggle is equal, and because of that the British Youth might tilt it up for the EU in this election if given the chance, so for that not to happen an censorship of the youth is in order temporarily.

:browtf: Some even say the royal family have given their consent in this subjection, in the name of their pride
The elites have been in agreement over austerity. If you remember 2015 a majority of Labour MPs voted for the welfare austerity bill. Corbyn was one of the few to vote against it. The difference in Labour today is that it has moved to the left and Blairites have been sidelined these past few months as Corbyn and Labour's poll numbers were rising. I don't think the royal family are able to influence the electoral system but Corbyn is a republican, he has never liked the royal family that is well known.

I left the uk 4 years ago so I'm out of touch with English politics, can anyone tell me if any party is more likely to lift the arms embargo. Or just in general help Somalia. Btw I know the labour part has always been good for the Somali community within the UK :siilaanyosmile:but I am talking about Somalia not the diaspora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts