UK election prediction thread

Most likely result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
I voted leave because the EU is a failed project, the UK is not independent when the people in Brussels run everything. I did not vote leave because of the anti-immigrant sentiment.

At least the EU holds the UK accountable and the government is not able to have excessive power. To be honest, the UK would have been better off in the EU than better without the EU.

If the EU and NAFTA account to most of the world's GDP than imagine the UK being not part of the UK. The EU may be affected but it would be more disastrous on the UK's divorce from the EU on the UK than it would be for the EU.

Merkel is already not going to rely on the UK and US anymore because of the events of Brexit and Trump becoming President of the United States.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40078183

It's not looking good.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
I voted leave because the EU is a failed project, the UK is not independent when the people in Brussels run everything. I did not vote leave because of the anti-immigrant sentiment.
Yes because it'll great for the British Government to scrap the humans rights act, invade our privacy and go back on many other laws that were made in Brussels that keep us safe. Well done.

Btw I don't agree with the hijab/religious symbols ban that the EU courts decided recently. But instead of changing laws, the UK will just have to watch from outside the club.

At least the EU holds the UK accountable and the government is not able to have excessive power. To be honest, the UK would have been better off in the EU than better without the EU.

If the EU and NAFTA account to most of the world's GDP than imagine the UK being not part of the UK. The EU may be affected but it would be more disastrous on the UK's divorce from the EU on the UK than it would be for the EU.

Merkel is already not going to rely on the UK and US anymore because of the events of Brexit and Trump becoming President of the United States.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40078183

It's not looking good.

You remoaners will sell your soul to be part of this globalist agenda. How on earth can a country like the UK be democratic if we're practically governed by a bunch of rich men who speak a different language? Who, may i remind you are unelectable.

What exactly do you want out of a 'patriotic' government? Labour party in general, and especially Corbyn is unfavourable among the armed forces and 'weakening' Britain is one of the more common criticism the party receives. In fact wasn't Corbyn under fire recently for opposing the bombing campaign against ISIS because too many civilians were getting caught up? And again recently, for his comments on the 'war against terror'. Not mention their pro-EU stance.

I want a government that will put Britain first. Corbyn and labour are not pro-EU per se but split on the matter. He said the war on terror is not working and is partially right. He also said there are a lot of reasons why there is this new problem of Islamic extremism. He is the man to tackle it. JC and the Labour party finally have a vision, it's a breath of fresh air.

Yes because it'll great for the British Government to scrap the human's rights act, invade our privacy and go back on many other laws that were made in Brussels that keep us safe. Well done.

Btw I don't agree with the hijab/religious symbols ban that the EU courts decided recently. But instead of changing laws, the UK will just have to watch from outside the club.

May wants to scrap the human rights act, cyber security has already been passed late last year, and is in effect as we speak. Brussels could not save us from that.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
You remoaners will sell your soul to be part of this globalist agenda. How on earth can a country like the UK be democratic if we're practically governed by a bunch of rich men who speak a different language? Who, may i remind you are unelectable.

I want a government that will put Britain first. Corbyn and labour are not pro-EU per se but split on the matter. He said the war on terror is not working and is partially right. He also said there are a lot of reasons why there is this new problem of Islamic extremism. He is the man to tackle it. JC and the Labour party finally have a vision, it's a breath of fresh air.

May wants to scrap the human rights act, cyber security has already been passed late last year, and is in effect as we speak. Brussels could not save us from that.

:birdman:

I know about the EU because I am an EU National
:drakelaugh:

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed

Yes she does and she will most likely win although I'm praying that Labour do. Either way, the pros of staying definitely outweigh the cons. We have to stay in the single market. Also, I am in awe at the stupidity of places like Wales who voted leave even though their economy depends on staying. They will actually be worse off loool. We've already seen how the pound has dropped against the dollar, sending money back home is harder and for that reason alone, as a Somali, you should have voted to remain.

Yes she does and she will most likely win although I'm praying that Labour do. Either way, the pros of staying definitely outweigh the cons. We have to stay in the single market. Also, I am in awe at the stupidity of places like Wales who voted leave even though their economy depends on staying. They will actually be worse off loool. We've already seen how the pound has dropped against the dollar, sending money back home is harder and for that reason alone, as a Somali, you should have voted to remain.

As a Somali, and an African, it was my moral obligation to vote leave. The UK has shamefully abandoned the commonwealth when it joined the EU in the 70s, there is a whole world out there apart from Europe.

Simodi

Chilling in Quljeed
As a Somali, and an African, it was my moral obligation to vote leave. The UK has shamefully abandoned the commonwealth when it joined the EU in the 70s, there is a whole world out there apart from Europe.
Why not both?? And Somaliland is not in the commonwealth is it?

Opone

{ Athiest \ Stoner \Code Monkey \ Anti Qabil } ;
These terrorist attacks always happen right before an election. In france, Orlando/ohio in america, London/Manchester in the UK etc. It didnt work in france hopefully it wont work in the UK

black

live and let die.
Can the youths overcome the shy tory effect? Best case scenario is a hung parliament with SNP supporting Labour on a confidence and supply agreement

I don't think so. The only way I can see them doing so is if they turnout in similar numbers as they did for the Brexit vote. In fact, I think voter turnout for young people will be lower than expected. Not exactly the most scientific reasoning, but I just feel like this snap election hasn't had any hype behind it, just a lot of cynicism. Older voters always show up and have close to double their turnout rates and are almost twice the population of <25s.

I really do think it's going to be a tory majority.

I don't think so. The only way I can see them doing so is if they turnout in similar numbers as they did for the Brexit vote. In fact, I think voter turnout for young people will be lower than expected. Not exactly the most scientific reasoning, but I just feel like this snap election hasn't had any hype behind it, just a lot of cynicism. Older voters always show up and have close to double their turnout rates and are almost twice the population of <25s.

I really do think it's going to be a tory majority.

What's the enthuasism for the conservatives to come out to vote for May? Didn't she have a lacklustre campaign and blew a 20 point polling advantage over labour. Wasn't the caase of that because she pissed those older voters over the slash of winter fuel payments that put their lives at risk. She originally called it to expand her seat count but it looks like she's buying time by ducking the media by being robotic and holding on Cameron's 2015 results

black

live and let die.
What's the enthuasism for the conservatives to come out to vote for May? Didn't she have a lacklustre campaign and blew a 20 point polling advantage over labour. Wasn't the caase of that because she pissed those older voters over the slash of winter fuel payments that put their lives at risk. She originally called it to expand her seat count but it looks like she's buying time by ducking the media by being robotic and holding on Cameron's 2015 results

Yeah, she's done a terrible job of campaigning, but at the same time, I don't think labour did enough to bridge the gap. She has definitely pissed off older voters, but I don't think it's enough to completely burn bridges. Especially considering the cut only affected better off pensioners (iirc) rather than all of them. This particular demographic is an almost guarantee for Tories. Old + reasonably well off and it's unlikely enough of them will be one-policy voters. I reckon they'll still lean heavily towards the Tories for delivering Brexit on top of the cliche reasons to vote conservative. Sovereignty, controlled immigration, spending, pseudo-patriotism etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts