Uber-style taxi company app in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber-style on-demand taxi hailing app Waryaa Taxi has launched in Somalia, allowing passengers to book taxis from their smartphones for the first time in the country.

Waryaa Taxi has deployed a free web and smartphone application that connects passengers directly with taxi drivers.

“Waryaa taxi is a creation of individuals who were tired of overpaying for taxis. They were also concerned about the security of many taxis in the region,” said Mr Kodah, co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Waryaa Taxi.

“Waryaa Taxi is safe, cheap and convenient, The application connects taxi drivers and passengers, allowing them to experience a fast, convenient and safe ride, at just a tap of button.”

Kodah said as safety was the first priority in Somalia, the startup was monitoring the GPS coordinates of cars every few seconds, while cars have been verified by third parties and drives have been carefully screened and trained.

“We are currently working to make deals with drivers in main cities,” he said.

Waryaa Taxi plans to roll out its taxi hailing app services in the neighboring countries of Djibouti, Kenya and Ethiopia. The app currently covers all regional languages, such as Amharic, Swahili, Somali, English and French.

It is currently looking for investors to grow its team and accelerate its growth.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
how lucrative are startup companies in Africa if anyone knows?

i would assume a well-run company with limited competition will become incredibly fruit-fall

This is fake.

I type mt Kodah and this is my result.

a809e433b3a90aabfbfacf666af400ea.436x436x1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending