Truth

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
I never really had a chance to be a kid or to 'grow up' and for a long time I resented my folks for depriving me of that opportunity to be a spoilt idiot. What I didn't take into consideration was that they were deprived of their own childhood as well.

I was six the first time I seen someone killed and from then on, there's nothing but adulthood. A pair of Somali boys not ten years older than me murdered by Somali men. The way they laughed firing their guns is something I think that will both haunt and anger me to my grave. The boys were from a different clan. Memory is a perplexing thing. You can't really remember what you ate three weeks ago for breakfast, but you'll always remember traumatic experiences.

I grew up in a fucked up neighborhood, and had the privilege of leaving it to figure out my own shit at an early age. The number of kids that never had that chance are innumerable. I said shit at funerals. Yo.... wtf do you say at a funeral..... RIP nigga.

White, black, asian, Latinx, man, women, child, never really ceases to amaze me how similar we all are. Again, privilege upon privilege but it doesn't matter where you go in this world or who you talk to, if you get one person fully, you get all them of more or less. Angry boss? Compliment his ass, flatter him, pump his emotions up, nigga turns into a happy ass dude. Grouchy ass women on the phone, compliment, pump her up, she'll bend over backwards for you. Need something from a retail worker?, Smile, pump their mood up, whatever you ask, you get.

I was angry af for a long ass time for being a parent to my parents. The truth is, I love my parents, and I have all the empathy in the world for what they had to endure to bring me here, but to put aside your own ego and admit you don't deserve shit in this world other than what you work for is a painful lesson. What's even more painful however is realizing that the people that raised you, the people you trusted as an authority figure can be vastly wrong.

Man, women, child, everyone wants to just feel good in the moment. This simple fact is literally what rules the world. Your boss?, make him feel good about himself and you're more likely to get promoted. Your wife, look at her, give her a flower super randomly, make her feel special in one moment out of a 24 hour cycle and she'll ride that high all day. Pissed off stranger on the street, smile at the nigga and compliment him on his shitty attire and he'll calm his ass down real quick. The quicker you figure out how to emotionally move people around you, the easier life with people will be for you.

The truth is however, the game that we play with each other and vastly more important, the game we play with ourselves, our minds, our hearts, our souls, is destructive af. Those kids all shot up to hell and the laughing niggas who murdered their ass, them kids truly believed they were dying for something noble, something great.

I took a tour of a Vietnamese War museum. Maimed kids with agent orange, various assortments of weaponry excavated from the ground by the Vietnamese from large ass bombs, to discarded machine guns. The Vietnamese faces in the museum were blank af. Like they gave zero fucks. It was like an entertainment even to them, and they were the ones portrayed in the pictures and videos in the Museum.

A human is a human anywhere on the planet.

There will definitely be a part of me that will always lash out at any form of order and authority. I seek chaos and disorder, it's imprinted in my dna. What I can't really ignore however is the fundamental truth both within me and everyone else around me. Whatever game people or I play with myself, the only thing we all really give a f*ck about is a good mood with someone we really give a f*ck about. Whatever race, religion, gender, nationality, etc etc, you are, make a stranger genuinely smile and that's humanity for you. It'a all that will ever be.

My siblings look at me like I'm a role-model, I been to my country once in my entire life and the hope on their faces..... Dawg.... leave me tf alone. I'm human and I'm figuring this shit out the same pace as you are.

The game is our coping mechanism for the harsh truth of reality. Close your heart, and shoot them kids up, the board is in-front of you, play, you ain't really gotta a choice.

Last edited:

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
The realist truth for me personally is pretending to be a Somali dude when I know nothing of what it means to be a Somalian.

We grew up in a different world from our ancestors. A different land, a different language, a different identity.

I speak Somali-english with my folks. What in the f*ck do we know about what it means to be Somali? Let's pretend nigga-dude. I see you hiding your fat blunt. Buss that shit out and we can jerk ourselves off to shit and pretend we know shit about our ethnic culture.

There's no justice in the world. No offense but the triumph of good is a pipe dream we created to make us sane in a world that has no rules.

My blood looked at me like I could save them from the shitty situation they were born into. How do you tell someone the cruelty of life at face value?

You don't. You smile and you promise that you'll be back to save them one day knowing damn well there's nothing you could ever do.

If I was born a slave, and you my master, there isn't a question I could come up with to help me piece together a meaningful response to my predicament. Born a slave, nigga you die a slave.

Why post here however... A human needs an indentity. As meaningless as our labels are, I don't want to face cold mother nature by my lonesome.

S-o-m-a-l-i..... I remember my grandma telling me something about it a long time ago. Lemme find shelter in that cave.

Last edited:
And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return." Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided.

Surah Baqarah 155-157

Trending

Latest posts