Trump-like guy (Bolsonaro) won Brazil's general election!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Its reaction to the left going too far to the left. Human beings are tribalist by nature. The message these guys are using speaks to most of us.

Apollo

VIP
Its reaction to the left going too far to the left. Human beings are tribalist by nature. The message these guys are using speaks to most of us.

Since the late 1980s, the neoliberal center-right has been in power in most of the West. Clinton/Obama/Bush/Blair etc weren't that left they were center-right or centrists.

Something else is going on.

Since the late 1980s, the neoliberal center-right has been in power in most of the West. Clinton/Obama/Bush/Blair etc weren't that left they were center-right or centrists.

This is not conservatism. This is nationalism growing. Even standard conservatives are being rejected. Trump and brexit was pure white nationalst saying enough is enough. From everything I read about this candidate he used the us, our way and our people route trump and nigel farage used

Apollo

VIP
The South of Brazil, which is mostly WHITE voted for this guy (in dark Blue).

The Northeast of Brazil, which is mostly BLACK voted for his opponent (in Red+Green).

484px-Candidatos_2018.png

Gotta love the blacks.

Before I try to analyse this, I am not in any way an expert on Brazil.

---

I think this individual's rise to power is similar to Trump primarily because the social environment in Brazil is similar to the US. Brazil, like the United States, is a non-Hispanic nation surrounded by mainly Hispanic countries. This leads to concerns about immigration and the social environment in these said nations, similar to how Trump describes Mexico and the Carribean.

Furthermore, the racial makeup of Brazil and its racial history is very similar to the US. Brazil has a very poor Black population and a wealthy white one, with mixed-race individuals sitting in the middle class. Also, Brazil holds a significant non-South American population consisting of Arabs, Asians and Europeans.

So I'm not surprised.

Apollo

VIP
Who even immigrates to Brazil :drakewtf:

Plus ain't that the same guy who got stabbed in the middle of a crowd
in broad day light.

Brazil is a middle income country and is known for welcoming immigrants historically.

Yeah, he was the one who got stabbed for his far-right statements.

Blairites were ex-Marxists who masqueraded as center-right liberals to gain power. Blairites adopted certain centre-rights economic policies because that is one area where the left
had to compromise. In the areas of education; of intrusion into family life ; of immigration; of attitudes to relationships, there has been a quiet leftist revolution since the 1960s.The leftists in the U.K. run the education system, the universities and many segments of the media.

Canada is next.

This man is unafraid to speak the truth. He told a black MP that the world doesn't revolve around her skin colour and that immigration should come from rich countries and no refugees

#Maxime4PM

maxime-bernier-cp-810x445.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.