Traditional Somali hairstyles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are our traditional hairstyles? Habesha hairstyles are very beautiful but I cannot think of anything for Somalis.

Attachments

• 687C77DC-D5E3-4263-BF66-4B083AB60FA7.jpeg
    687C77DC-D5E3-4263-BF66-4B083AB60FA7.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,693
  • 192F1874-C37E-4BA3-9974-7FD49E7B7304.jpeg
    192F1874-C37E-4BA3-9974-7FD49E7B7304.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,602

VixR

Veritas
I don’t think we have any. My mom used to do the two braids thing for me, like Muffy. Or a ponytail. Simple. Effective.

I think it’s bc kinkier hair is more conducive to the exorbitant hair styling methods, like the bajillion braids styles. or creative shapes you see in other African countries.

I don’t think we have any. My mom used to do the two braids thing for me, like Muffy. Or a ponytail.

I think it’s bc kinkier hair is more conducive to the exorbitant hair styling methods, like the bajillion braids styles. or creative shapes you see in other African countries.
But habeshas have the same hair texture and have their own hairstyles. And Somali hair might not be 4c but it can definitely hold braids and other styles.

VixR

Veritas
But habeshas have the same hair texture and have their own hairstyles. And Somali hair might not be 4c but it can definitely hold braids and other styles.
No, from what I’ve seen Habeshas have much kinkier hair on average.

Even among Somalis who have kinky hair, they tend to do more braid work bc it’s just more manageable.

I am surprised how kinky the hair is of Eritreans. Since 2015 tens of thousands of them have arrived in Germany and most of them have kinky hair.

It is very rare to see soft haired Eritreans, while in Somalis it is very common.
It’s slightly kinkier than Somalis but not 4c kinky. I would say they tend to have a 4a-4b texture whilst Somalis have 3b/3c. It’s rare to find a Somali that has pin straight or non-curly hair. Also some Somalis have kinky hair but they’re a minority.

I am surprised how kinky the hair is of Eritreans. Since 2015 tens of thousands of them have arrived in Germany and most of them have kinky hair.

It is very rare to see soft haired Eritreans, while in Somalis it is very common.

Same in the UK. They are becoming a visible minority in some areas. They don't ever have the 'Somali' straight hair. It's varying degrees of kinky/fairly loose curls. Obviously there is a big overlap since most Somalis don't have extremely loose or straight hair.

They have nice hair

VixR

Veritas
Nope,

It is much much kinkier. I have observed both groups in large numbers.
I knew a half/Ehio half/Eri guy who had very soft hair and the same hairline problem Somali guys experience. A percentage of them are not kinky-haired.

Apollo

VIP
I knew a half/Ehio half/Eri guy who had very soft and the same hairline problem Somali guys experience. A percentage of them are not kinky-haired.

Yes, I have seen those.

Some Eritreans almost look like Yemenis as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending