traditional investments VS modern technology based investment

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
Does anyone else prefer traditional investments such as buying and holding land, buying/building houses and renting them out especially back home compared to investing in crypto and stock markets? Maybe I just like the idea of old school investing and having tangible assets or maybe because it's a whole lot less risky . I'm currently 19 and a few years back my dad introduced me to the real estate game in Somalia. I plan to move back there after I graduate from university and make more investments there. I'm still into crypto and index funds but not that much compared to friends. Thoughts?

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Does anyone else prefer traditional investments such as buying and holding land, buying/building houses and renting them out especially back home compared to investing in crypto and stock markets? Maybe I just like the idea of old school investing and having tangible assets or maybe because it's a whole lot less risky . I'm currently 19 and a few years back my dad introduced me to the real estate game in Somalia. I plan to move back there after I graduate from university and make more investments there. I'm still into crypto and index funds but not that much compared to friends. Thoughts?
if you invest in blue chips in stock/crypto, you can do better than real estate.

Obviously its best to invest in both and live off passive income(renting out/staking/dividends)

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
if you invest in blue chips in stock/crypto, you can do better than real estate.

Obviously its best to invest in both and live off passive income(renting out/staking/dividends)
You can beat the stock market by speculating property in Somalia.

:kanyeshrug:

Real estate is good in the west because of leverage through cheap loans. There is no easy access to cheap loans in Africa. But I do think holding land is good in Africa long term.

I follow this YouTuber below. He has a lot of interesting videos on international real estate and provides good details on how he evaluates potential investments. He also has a few segment on stocks in Africa.

Make your portfolio diverse , but would advise you to stick with investing mostly on purchasing land back home ,after seeing my older siblings and aabo flip some lands and renting out properties I'm sold on reall estate . Made good money on canadian cannabis stocks few years ago but now that market is stagnant and just sitting on some lands atm.
Your also young I'd advise you to starting a small bussines on the side "now" trust me it will pay off .

Make your portfolio diverse , but would advise you to stick with investing mostly on purchasing land back home ,after seeing my older siblings and aabo flip some lands and renting out properties I'm sold on reall estate . Made good money on canadian cannabis stocks few years ago but now that market is stagnant and just sitting on some lands atm.
Your also young I'd advise you to starting a small bussines on the side "now" trust me it will pay off .
I’m waiting for the next cannabis craze, especially when it is legalized in the US

I’m waiting for the next cannabis craze, especially when it is legalized in the US
I know few foreman's that retired early from the cannabis stocks .
Canadian companies were banking on america nationwide legalization now some companies have already sold their grow ops ,warehouses and lands .
Hopefully American nationwide legalization happens soon niggs gotta eat.

Real estate is good in the west because of leverage through cheap loans. There is no easy access to cheap loans in Africa. But I do think holding land is good in Africa long term.

I follow this YouTuber below. He has a lot of interesting videos on international real estate and provides good details on how he evaluates potential investments. He also has a few segment on stocks in Africa.

This guy on the YouTube link invested in Russian stocks and Ukrainian real estate. He got destroyed this week lol

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Crypto & real estate are active investments and require tons of time and education.

You will fok up and lose money. Best to stick to passive index funds and take your time picking an active investment strategy to specialize in.

There are also level to activate investments... You could buy Bitcoin/meme coins or reasonably priced houses for a small gain or go deeper like buying new speculative coins or fixer upper properties.

You could also start or purchase a business (with leverage if you have your cards in order ) and make 10x more.

Those options require even more education and time but since less people are willing to put in the effort the more gains to be had for you.