To all the grown men: can you be completely platonic with a woman?

Can you be 'just friends' with a female?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Yes, but only if she curves/friendzones me

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No, I don't want/need female friends

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I don't have any female friends but I would be open to the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
No I can't be 'just friends' with a female. If a girl curves me, then I'm not sticking around to face my failure every day, and there is no way in hell that I would allow my sister/niece/cousin to have a male friend.
I'm well aware of the sneaky strategies friendzoned guys employ :stopit:
:denzelnigga::denzelnigga:
I just wanna be friends with her

There are a million and one other videos on youtube about the same subject and they all show the same thing. Women believe they can be 'just friends' with a guy, but most men don't believe that they can be friends with a woman without having ulterior motives.
I'm disagreeing with the person who made the videos questionable methods.

Duchess

HBIC| PhD in Langaab Studies | π’π’™π’Žπ’™π’‡π’–π’†π’–
VIP
I'm disagreeing with the person who made the videos questionable methods.
What methods? It was a yes or no question. Did you expect him to conduct long interviews with each individual or something? He was straight to the point and moved on when he got his answer.:what:

Duchess, when they ask "Can you just be friends with a woman?".....the question itself needs to be very specific. In what context are we talking about?

If a Somali guy such as myself, knows a girl for many many years....and we've watched each other grow up, can we still be considered "friends"? I would never in my life make a move on her, and I'm sure she feels the same way. And whenever we see each other, we talk and catch up and hang out. But she isn't my close friend in that I don't call her everyday to hang out. But I do consider her a real and genuine friend. Perhaps that could be the only exception to the rule on whether males and females can be friends.

What methods? It was a yes or no question. Did you expect him to conduct long interviews with each individual or something? He was straight to the point and moved on when he got his answer.:what:
He heavily edited the video. Very obviously so.

Duchess

VIP
Duchess, when they ask "Can you just be friends with a woman?".....the question itself needs to be very specific. In what context are we talking about?

If a Somali guy such as myself, knows a girl for many many years....and we've watched each other grow up, can we still be considered "friends"? I would never in my life make a move on her, and I'm sure she feels the same way. And whenever we see each other, we talk and catch up and hang out. But she isn't my close friend in that I don't call her everyday to hang out. But I do consider her a real and genuine friend. Perhaps that could be the only exception to the rule on whether males and females can be friends.
I took the question as 'can you be friends with a woman without ever thinking about making a move on her?'.

Yes, I do consider those females you grew up with to be your friends. I guess the determining factor for most is when the friendship was established. If it was in childhood before any of those thoughts were even on your mind then the friendship can work, but if you became friends in your teens/college/post-college, can you be "just friends" with a woman?

This question is for the grown men who aren't socially awkward or future sex offenders. Can you befriend a woman strictly for the purpose of friendship? If your answer is no, say your female relatives had a male friend, would you be cool with it or would you dead that situation by putting her on game?
A man is predator by nature. He sees a woman as his prey and would use every tactic including becoming 'friends' with her to achieve his goal.

To answer your question a lion(man) and gazelle(female) could be 'friends' but at some point a predator will always gonna make his move.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
I was friends with a girl for nearly 10 years. Never laid my hands on her. We did a lot of things together like going to movies, eating out etc..

Duchess

VIP
I was friends with a girl for nearly 10 years. Never laid my hands on her. We did a lot of things together like going to movies, eating out etc..
We're adults and can control how we conduct ourselves around other people, but what I'm trying to get at is if those actions are in line with our inner thoughts and feelings. Can you be friends with a female and see her like you do your sister? If your female friend were to have expressed interest in you, how would you have reacted?

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
It's possible. But I think the nature of our creation is such that mutual male-female friendship is very difficult. Sooner or later one party will develop some kinda of romantic feelings for the other. If the female expresses interest, I would roll with it. But that's just me.

The girl I am telling you about was more of my sister. I had no sexual feelings for her at all.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I have platonic male friends, I actually hang out with them and text them daily. I met them in middle school and some I met through my brothers, they all know they're locked in the friend zone and I threw the keys in the Mississippi River so there's no getting out. Once one of them crosses that line his ass will be cut off and they know it. But my guy friends are the best wallahi, they got hook ups on everything and I've so much fun with them. :rejoice:

I have platonic male friends, I actually hang out with them and text them daily. I met them in middle school and some I met through my brothers, they all know they're locked in the friend zone and I threw the keys in the Mississippi River so there's no getting out. Once one of them crosses that line his ass will be cut off and they know it. But my guy friends are the best wallahi, they got hook ups on everything and I've so much fun with them. :rejoice:

Duchess

VIP
Troll one of them by pretending you want to move beyond friendship and see how he reacts.:mjlol::mjkkk:

I feel like it's disingenuous to befriend someone you're secretly interested in. Imagine finding out all those favors he did for you were a tactic to impress you and get out of the friend zone? Nah...I'm good. :ririwtf:

Q

Queen Carawelo

Troll one of them by pretending you want to move beyond friendship and see how he reacts.:mjlol::mjkkk:

I feel like it's disingenuous to befriend someone you're secretly interested in. Imagine finding out all those favors he did for you were a tactic to impression you and get out of the friend zone? Nah...I'm good. :ririwtf:
I don't even think like that, I view them as my brothers and hopefully they think the same. But I'm not going to lie, few of them glooooooowed up since middle school. :damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts