Time to appreciate African American success and greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
From their earliest presence in North America, African Americans have significantly contributed literature, art, agricultural skills, cuisine, clothing styles, music, language, and social and technological innovation to American culture. The cultivation and use of many agricultural products in the United States, such as yams, peanuts, rice, okra, sorghum, grits, watermelon, indigo dyes, and cotton, can be traced to West African and African-American influences. Notable examples include George Washington Carver, who created 300 products from peanuts, 118 products from sweet potatoes, and 75 products from pecans; and George Crum, a local legend associates him with the creation of the potato chip in 1853.[191][192] Soul food is a variety of cuisine popular among African Americans. It is closely related to the cuisine of the Southern United States. The descriptive terminology may have originated in the mid-1960s, when soul was a common definer used to describe African-American culture (for example, soul music). African Americans were the first peoples in the United States to make fried chicken, along with Scottishimmigrants to the South. Although the Scottish had been frying chicken before they emigrated, they lacked the spices and flavor that African Americans had used when preparing the meal. The Scottish American settlers therefore adopted the African-American method of seasoning chicken.[193]However, fried chicken was generally a rare meal in the African-American community, and was usually reserved for special events or celebrations.

Genetics:

Recent surveys of African Americans using a genetic testing service have found varied ancestries which show different tendencies by region and sex of ancestors. These studies found that on average, African Americans have 73.2-82.1% West African, 16.7%-24% European, and 0.8–1.2% Native Americangenetic ancestry, with large variation between individuals.[145][146][147] Genetics websites themselves have reported similar ranges, with some finding 1 or 2 percent Native American ancestry and Ancestry.com reporting an outlying percentage of European ancestry among African Americans, 29%.[148]

According to a genome-wide study by Bryc et al. (2009), the overall ancestry of African Americans was formed through historic admixture between West/Central Africans (more frequently females) and Europeans (more frequently males). Consequently, the 365 African Americans in their sample have a genome-wide average of 78.1% West African ancestry and 18.5% European ancestry, with large variation among individuals (ranging from 99% to 1% West African ancestry). The West African ancestral component in African Americans is most similar to that in present-day speakers from the non-Bantu branches of the Niger-Congo (Niger-Kordofanian) family.

Total population
[1]
12.7% of the total U.S. population (2016)
Regions with significant populations
Across the United States, especially in the Southand urban areas
Languages
English (American English dialects, African-American English)
Louisiana Creole French
Gullah
Religion
Predominantly Protestant (78%)
Minorities: Catholic (5%), Jehovah's Witnesses(1%), Muslim (1%); Irreligious (12%)[2]
Related ethnic groups
Black Hispanic and Latino Americans
Other Afro-American peoples of the Americas

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Total population
[1]
12.7% of the total U.S. population (2016)
Regions with significant populations
Across the United States, especially in the Southand urban areas
Languages
English (American English dialects, African-American English)
Louisiana Creole French
Gullah
Religion
Predominantly Protestant (78%)
Minorities: Catholic (5%), Jehovah's Witnesses(1%), Muslim (1%); Irreligious (12%)[2]
Related ethnic groups
Black Hispanic and Latino Americans
Other Afro-American peoples of the Americas
:bell:

45.jpeg

The first home security system of its kind was invented by a Black nurse named Marie Van Brittan Brown. Although she was a full-time nurse, she recognized the security threats to her home and devised a system that would alert her of strangers at her door and contact relevant authorities as quickly as possible.

Her invention consisted of peepholes, a camera, monitors, and a two-way microphone. The finishing touch was an alarm button that, when pressed, would immediately contact the police. Her patent laid the groundwork for the modern closed-circuit television system that is widely used for surveillance, home security systems, push-button alarm triggers, crime prevention, and traffic monitoring.

Ironic isn't it:patrice:, today the home security system is designed to ward them off from home invasions:mjlol:, ok @onlyme I swear that's my last joke.:russ::damn::mjcry:

@NourUgaas ninyahow I just realized how fucked up our last thread was. I just looked threw each post I made, I questioned if that was really me who posted it:kanyehmm:. My alter ego Said The Somali supremacist took over:meleshame:

They have done lots of great things for music. Everything from blues to soul, Rock n roll, rap, hip hop & R&B.
Musical excellence :lawd:
Music would be so boring if it weren't for Afro-Americans.

We have to compensate for our misdeeds :damedamn:

You're in Europe saxiib, I live amongst these people:mjcry:. I just gave them more ammo to hate us even more.:kendrickcry: "Search for Uhuru" who is an AA youtuber and thecoli forum must be going ape shit crazy after they spotted our thread. :mjkkk:

We must not derail this thread:fittytousand:, but my alter ego is preventing me from putting forth any posts praising beesha.:francis:

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Lol all jokes aside AA's are cool folk. I got no problems with them. Some of the brightest and most dedicated students I met and worked with were African Americans.

Last edited:
You're in Europe saxiib, I live amongst these people:mjcry:. I just gave them more ammo to hate us even more.:kendrickcry: "Search for Uhuru" who is an AA youtuber and thecoli forum must be going ape shit crazy after they spotted our thread. :mjkkk:
Why didn't you put it under a spoiler? You guys do realize, that you're representing 25 million Somalis whenever you post racist stuff on here :bell: We're already hated enough thanks for making it worse

We must not derail this thread:fittytousand:, but my alter ego is preventing me from putting forth any posts praising beesha.:francis:

Did Uhuru mention us?
:mugshotman:

Not yet but I bet you 20 bucks that motherfucker lurks on this forum looking for ammo to use against us. He dedicates a video to Somalis once every week to throw shade.

We need a facelift. We need to be like the Ethiopians who is loved by all people who do not border them.

How did they manage to pull it off?

I also admire their braveness during the civil rights movements. They really fought for their rights against discrimination, segregation, and racism. It's amazing how peaceful it all went and how the protest were non-violent. They achieved so many great things and abolished so many hateful laws during that era :salute:

Why didn't you put it under a spoiler? You guys do realize, that you're representing 25 million Somalis whenever you post racist stuff on here :bell: We're already hated enough thanks for making it worse

I disagree. Madows hate Somalis in places where we have a considerable population, such as Minnesota for example. In places where there isn't many of us such as down south, they don't differentiate us from themselves. They were way more hospitable than the ones I have encountered up North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending