Tiktok video highlights how many Arabic words in our language

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Looking like our campaign of arabizing the somali language is in full motion boys :salute:
and tf is suksaan just say sharabaad like a normal somali :umwhat:

they bullying her I can see the anger inside she was about to punch that b@tch :pachah1: and why are every Somali that has ajanabi friends submissive if I was her i would leave or punch her :lawd:

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Looking like our campaign of arabizing the somali language is in full motion boys :salute:

so basically every word they said was in af somali this is embarrassing :deadrose: :dead:we should claim ana arab at this point

they bullying her I can see the anger inside she was about to punch that b@tch :pachah1: and why are every Somali that has ajanabi friends submissive if I was her i would leave or punch her :lawd:

She was so pissed lmfao, I bet they do this often. She shouldn't have been okay with the taping, I can tell there's some underlying anger coming from her. Arab es be shady like this. Also, why is she in the backseat? Her ass should have been in the front seat.
:russ:

P.S: Homegirl should have learned the Somali equivalent of these words. There's no reason for us to use bastardized Arabic when there are perfectly fit Somali words.

She was so pissed lmfao, I bet they do this often. She shouldn't have been okay with the taping, I can tell there's some underlying anger coming from her. Arab *****es be shady like this. Also, why is she in the backseat? Her ass should have been in the front seat.
:russ:

The way she was lookin at them for approval after every word :mjlol: . Sis probably has no other friends so shes forced to deal with their bullshit free her

Aint gone lie, somali does not have that many loanwords percentage wise, but the thing is we have loanwords for common things we use daily. Thats why it seems to a lot of people that somali is close to arabic while its not.

Aint gone lie, somali does not have that many loanwords percentage wise, but the thing is we have loanwords for common things we use daily. Thats why it seems to a lot of people that somali is close to arabic while its not.

We don't even need these loan words. There are Somali words for them. I think some pretentious people use them to slowly arabicize the language. For instance, we have Canjeelo/Canjeero but people in the north like to use "Laxoox" for no reason other than it's an Arabic loan word.

I get having a loan word for a word such as: GPU, Computer, or things invented recently. Why do we need loan words for things as simple as days, months, or door? It's the purposeful negligence of Somali words that doesn't make sense to me.

Lol she got the socks wrong, we definitely don’t say socksaan lol I’m pretty sure we say sharaabaado. Btw she should ditch those jerks! This is why I am not fan of Arabs. Who makes fun of someone for their language. Also noticed how when the Palestinian and Yemeni girls differed in their answers they didn’t laugh at each other. The poor Somali girl definitely felt uncomfortable you can tell and like she had to defend herself. Somalis shouldn’t hang out with Arabs, they’re horrible uncivilized ppl!

She wasn’t being submissive, she was being civilized like you should be. But those savages Arabs don’t know any better.

Last edited:
The way she was lookin at them for approval after every word :mjlol: . Sis probably has no other friends so shes forced to deal with their bullshit free her
You wish! She didn’t look at them for sh!t. She was annoyed at their immaturity if anything. Stop trying to misinterpret for us what we’re actually seeing smh. Are you an Arab or something?

Lol she got the socks wrong, we definitely don’t say socksaan lol I’m pretty sure we say sharaabaado. Btw she should ditch those jerks! This is why I am not fan of Arabs. Who makes fun of someone for their language. Also noticed how when the Palestinian and Yemeni girls differed in their answers they didn’t laugh at each other. The poor Somali girl definitely felt uncomfortable you can tell and like she had to defend herself. Somalis shouldn’t hang out with Arabs, they’re horrible uncivilized ppl!

She wasn’t being submissive, she was being civilized like you should be. But those savages Arabs don’t know any better.

Yes theyre annoying but here you're again generalizing over 200mill people :gucciwhat:. Flush the cuqdad out of your body abaayo

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

@Amirah We say siksaan/socksaan in the south. Never heard of sharaabado too lol

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I dont get why she said khara for the watermelon, it is kharre .

I think khara is poop in Arabic?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong lol
But yh, they were laughing too much and lowkey it felt like they were ganging up against her.
Not cool :confused:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Wow, that’s interesting, I grew up hearing sharaabaado or sharaabaad. I wonder if that’s the waqooyi dialect tbh. Hopefully someone can clear this for us
Yeah qaqooye dialect have more Arab lone words than other Somali dialects.
Waqooye dialect
Socks= sharabaad
watermelon= xabxab
T-Shirt= garan
cooking floor= daqiiq

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Wow, that’s interesting, I grew up hearing sharaabaado or sharaabaad. I wonder if that’s the waqooyi dialect tbh. Hopefully someone can clear this for us

Ngl, sharabaado sounds more like a somali word.

Siksaan/socksaan sounds like those derivative somali words i.e; cupboard for kabadhka 😅

Trending