Thoughts on Somali people celebrating Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
It is against our religion, a foreign concept and a pagan-born tradition of our historical enemies. It has nothing to do with us and we have nothing to do with it.

I just noticed your username and that this was your first post. Reminds me of this.
:russ:

unnamed (15).jpg
unnamed (16).jpg
unnamed (17).jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yeah i celebrate Xmas. By taking advantage of the Xmas store sales loooooooooooooool

Christmas is not part of our culture, so there is no reason for us to celebrate it. It's also a pagan tradition, something we need to stay away from, since we're muslims. :nahgirl:

Also, what's with these ethiopians coming to a somali forum. Did these people join this forum, thinking that they're the same as us. :gucciwhat:

Keeysan

The humble one
I think guys here took it wrongly. It’s more of Celebrating Christmas without church or any other related activities, that Santa kind or where you just gather and chill with your family

@OromoBeauty From which side. Are you from northern parts of Oromia :gaasdrink:

Christmas has become a capitalistic holiday and is rarely about Christ nowadays
Many popular customs associated with Christmas developed independently of the commemoration of Jesus' birth, with certain elements having origins in pre-Christian festivals that were celebrated around the winter solstice by pagan populations who were later converted to Christianity.

So no, Christmas was never christian.

judgemental Somalis,,why they have to police everyone and go ballistic if some choose to be pagan or whateva! sometimes wonder if they the guard rails of islam. you would've seen more tolerance if this thread was in arab,iranian or Turkish page. Boiling blood for nothing is a Somali trait to our detrimental whether its politics,race or religion.
look at this ms arab world,,the only one covered her hair is the Somali one.

images
or 2 muslim women elected to congress.

images
images

or hijabi Somali women, the first in the west. Halima.

am not against their choice of dress but just asking myself whether this is PROVING?

Last edited:

kaluumayste

Take the Poo to the loo
judgemental Somalis,,why they have to police everyone and go ballistic if some choose to be pagan or whateva! sometimes wonder if they the guard rails of islam. you would've seen more tolerance if this thread was in arab,iranian or Turkish page. Boiling blood for nothing is a Somali trait to our detrimental whether its politics,race or religion.
look at this ms arab world,,the only one covered her hair is the Somali one.

images
or 2 muslim women elected to congress.

images
images

or hijabi Somali women, the first in the west. Halima.

am not against their choice of dress but just asking myself whether this is PROVING?

So someone trying to stick to their principles is a guard rail ? You want our sister to abandon their values and morals for western degenerate culture?

We are judgmental because we love our people we don't want them to lose their moral campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.