This Somali guy says PTSD is a HOAX but gets SHUT DOWN by a PTSD survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTSD is very real. I suspect there's a high number of Somalis with it as well, especially the ones that escaped the civil war... It's sad that they never manage to get it checked out

Apollo

VIP
There are political motives to what constitutes and what doesn't constitutes a mental illness. Cough cough, homosexuality, cough cough.

Post traumatic stress disorder.

People who have PTSD have emotional and psychological problems and stress. They can't sleep and relive their experience all the time. Let's say they witnessed a murder, they will keep re-living the murder for many years. They will start screaming and sweating when they are watching a movie with a murder scene. Or if the murder victim was wearing a green hat, they start to scream and get shock if they see someone wearing a green hat.

Its very bad.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@DuchessNinkiiUuriyey had PTSD. Did you know this? No one can get more traditional and conservative than that dude.

Get the eff outa here! I don't suffer from a little African sports.

I don't believe in PTSD

sure I've seen dead people a short a little child but I was already an African savage but bc I came to the west i became soft and starting having nightmares.

I think it really depends on the person. My father had a harsh upbringing as a nomad. He fought in the civil war and has stab/gunshot wounds. He doesn't have PTSD.

What makes you lot think that the mind can't get sick like the body can? While I do not believe in people becoming depressed, or anxious randomly, I do think if something is out of sync in your body, your mind could get sick just like your body would. Instead of fixing it, people classify it as something horrible and they end up putting a stigma on it. It's sad because no one would raise an eyebrow if you came tomorrow and said you have diabetes, but people would look at you differently if you said you are always depressed. This makes it hard for those who have these issues to get help.

I think a lot of somalis do have ptsd tho. We all have anger issues, and that surely stems from somewhere. The average somali, especially those from back home is more violent and temperamental than people here.

The f*ck did I just read? :pachah1:

It's true.

Try taking time off from work over mental health issues like you would for a bad flu. If you told your colleagues why you were away, they will treat you differently even though mental illness and flus fall under sick absences.

It's a huge taboo

It's true.

Try taking time off from work over mental health issues like you would for a bad flu. If you told your colleagues why you were away, they will treat you differently even though mental illness and flus fall under sick absences.

It's a huge taboo

You're trying to compare diabetes to the flu. The flu is only temporary while diabetes affects your diet and routines for the rest of your life. Same goes for mental illnesses. Usually, if your mental issues are severe enough for you to take time off, you're really fragile and vulnerable. Your colleague's demeanor towards you changes over time and they eventually start treating you normally again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts