This is the age when you start to loose friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon after your mid-20s, your social circle shrinks, according to a recent study by scientists from Aalto University in Finland and the University of Oxford in England.

Men and women were found to be socially promiscuous -- making more and more friends and social contacts -- until the age of 25, after which point they started losing them rapidly, with women losing them at an initially faster rate than men. The average 25-year-old woman contacts about 17.5 people per month, while a man contacts 19 people.

People become more focused on certain relationships and maintain those relationships," said Kunal Bhattacharya, a postdoctoral researcher at Aalto University who co-authored the study. "You have new family contacts developing, but your casual circle shrinks.

Trends were seen to change slightly in people's late 30s: Men begin losing buddies at a faster rate. "You get a secondary switchover later in life," said Dunbar.

By the age of 39, the average man was contacting 12 people, while women were calling 15 people each month.

I would say probably a bit younger as some people you're in contact with merely out of convenience (same classes). I have a few people that I'm in contact with regularly/semi-regularly, some people I meet 1/2x per year.

This is the age when you start to loose friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have any to begin with. Most friends are not up to my intellectual level so it's near impossible to have productive discussions with them. No point in being friends with stupid people. though to be fair, compared to me most of humanity is stupid. I refuse to dump down for "friends". I do sometimes try to educate them but it never seems to help, they're not interested.

Don't have any to begin with. Most friends are not up to my intellectual level so it's near impossible to have productive discussions with them. No point in being friends with stupid people. though to be fair, compared to me most of humanity is stupid. I refuse to dump down for "friends". I do sometimes try to educate them but it never seems to help, they're not interested.
Or maybe the reason that you don't have friends is Because of your narcissistic behavior.

No you're, the sooner you realize that the better. even your username indicates that you're narcissistic. Be more humble
Lol if only you knew my real birth name lmaooo that's real narcissistism lil it's faan cadi yeh

Fr what's ur problem? So what, I think I'm the shit. You don't have to agree but I think I'm great. Why is it bothering u

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I had a ton of friends in highschool and only a dozen in my undergrad years. The OPs post is right cause now I only have 3-4 friends and two of them are my siblings:jcoleno:I doubt I'll get any more since small talk is poison for me:francis:

Not always a bad thing. My childhood friend got married and overnight shit changed, but whenever
I see him its all love

Fuck his smug wife tho :meleshame:

Lol if only you knew my real birth name lmaooo that's real narcissistism lil it's faan cadi yeh

Fr what's ur problem? So what, I think I'm the shit. You don't have to agree but I think I'm great. Why is it bothering u
I don't know TBH the way you write grinds my gears maybe it's because you write in a condescending way as if you think everyone is below you anyways I'll try to not comment about this anymore but my advice for you is (and you don't have to take it) be more humble

Horta I'm just wondering, who has 17-19 friends (that they contact every month)? o_O Most people my age (that I know of) have like less than 10 close friends lol

N

nadia

im in my early 20s and i currently have 4 friends. Two are my sisters and the other two are more of an acquaintance

Not always a bad thing. My childhood friend got married and overnight shit changed, but whenever
I see him its all love

Fuck his smug wife tho :meleshame:

I was listening to this marriage expert/counsellor and he reccomended married guys not to have single friends as they glamorize the single lifestyle.

I was listening to this marriage expert/counsellor and he reccomended married guys not to have single friends as they glamorize the single lifestyle.

Don't listen to that fool. Surrounding yourself with the right friends has nothing to do with martial status.

Imagine just been around married people, it would only breed jealously and resentment. Comparing husbands/wives, kids and
furniture :uCkf6mf:

Status
Not open for further replies.