This is how Somalia looks like without sheeps and camels ravaging the soil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Every corner of Somalia can be very beautiful if we abandon high scale pastoralism and rather use
designated ranches. In Somaliland 80% of the livestock is gone so many of the grazing lands are
empty and green.

Yaab DOOXÒOYIN KII XOOLUHU DAAQI JIRAY OO 1 HAL NEEF OO DAAQAYA LAGA WAA YAY

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Every corner of Somalia can be very beautiful if we abandon high scale pastoralism and rather use
designated ranches.

During the rain season grass literally grows the moment the soil receives moisture. I've never seen that happen anywhere else:dwill:. Our land is blessed, and the soil is rich in nutrients. Westerners have to use manure and other techniques to add nutrients to their soil, while Allah has blessed us with virgin lands. Maybe the xoolo dying will be good for us(the land) in the long run:francis:

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
In my uncles restaurant we have a small field where we grow flowers and grass, literally when the rain season begins within 7 days the place looks like a carpet.

My dad is friends with two qualified somaliland permaculturists that work at the university of Hargeisa, they have this idea of fending off large amounts of land in the country side to let nature replenish itself. Giving the land a year protected from the livestock will show dramatic results.

The cutting of our blessed trees to obtain charcoal for cooking as well as shisha addicts in the gulf is killing our environment too.

charcoal.jpg

But I agree that large-scale pastoralism is unsustainable and we must diversify our economy to be less relient on it.

Last edited:

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
The British actually sectioned the country into grazing zones for each qabiil:icon lol:. They understood what the pastoral lifestyle would do to the country. I'm surprised we didn't use their model, or make our own:O27GWRK:

If any of you have time please watch this:

This man killed 10,000 elephants in hopes to restore the land when in reality it made it worse.

I also agree that this nomadic life is unsustainable, pastoralism is the way forward. As @oday1kenobi stated above me, charcoal is also a key factor that contributes to this.

If any of you have time please watch this:

This man killed *40'000 elephants in hopes to restore the land when in reality it made it worse.

I also agree that this nomadic life is unsustainable, pastoralism is the way forward. As @oday1kenobi stated above me, charcoal is also a key factor that contributes to this.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
designated ranches. In Somaliland 80% of the livestock is gone so many of the grazing lands are
empty and green.

Real Talk

if somalis had the same amount of reverence for trees as they have for khat, we would be getting rain like there is no tomorrow and famine would never strike

Khalid Hussein

بسم الله الرحمن الر حيم
empty and green.

We can't cease pastorlism, but we could designate some areas for Animals, but Somalis don't seem to understand how to get things done, if they had green land it would be for khat, khat is the drug that causes laziness and a surge of Dophamine which cause you to be angry constantly.

The only way Somalia can succecced is to ban khat overall. Which will then cause our economy to not be wasted by khat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts