This 30 year old guy married my 19 year old cousin from back home…… now complains about her for stupid reasons.

Do you understand why that when Somali men hit around age 50 they go back to Somalia to marry a younger bride that is fertile and more attractive? He does it because he made the mistake of marrying a women around his same age. A post menopausal women that is age 50 will not be able to sustain him for the next 10-20 years of his life. The so-called men who say they can are lying or have very low testosterone levels.

If you want to marry someone around your age go ahead but don’t be surprised if you become a sister wife down the line. To circumvent this problem you should marry a man who is 5-10yrs older than you.

This is why Somalis have insane rates of autism, schizophrenia ect. Older dads are linked to many more disorders than older mothers and the scientific journals call older dads late 30s-40, imagine Somali men having kids in their 60s.

No wonder why we have such a defective society. We’re a retarded nation.

This is why Somalis have insane rates of autism, schizophrenia ect. Older dads are linked to many more disorders than older mothers and the scientific journals call older dads late 30s-40, imagine Somali men having kids in their 60s.

Okay, can you show me your scientific sources? Or any source really? Because it’s actually the opposite. Older women make more autistic babies due to them abusing birth control and having major hormone imbalances.

Men being able to make children seems like a good thing, not a defect. As long as he can maintain a family physically, mentally and spiritually, I have no problems with it. Let the man leave a legacy before he leaves this world.

The real problem you and other Xalimos have is a lack of self identity. Because you would know that Monogamy and Polygamy are permissible in our religion and culture. Most men are average so Monogamy is suitable for them absolutely. But the men who are masculine, successful, strong, religious and handsome can have a plethora of women.

if you have a problem with it then blame your genetics

Okay, can you show me your scientific sources? Or any source really? Because it’s actually the opposite. Older women make more autistic babies due to them abusing birth control and having major hormone imbalances.

Men being able to make children seems like a good thing, not a defect. As long as he can maintain a family physically, mentally and spiritually, I have no problems with it. Let the man leave a legacy before he leaves this world.

The real problem you and other Xalimos have is a lack of self identity. Because you would know that Monogamy and Polygamy are permissible in our religion and culture. Most men are average so Monogamy is suitable for them absolutely. But the men who are masculine, successful, strong, religious and handsome can have a plethora of women.

Lol, there are in fact an abundance of sources that talk about fathers over 45+. It is also associated with higher risk of miscarriage and still birth.

Older men and women are more likely than young ones to have a child with autism, according to multiple studies published in the past decade. Especially when it comes to fathers, this parental-age effect is one of the most consistent findings in the epidemiology of autism.

What makes it worse is that older women tend to procreate with older men which increases the odds even more.

I think its a bit obvious don't you think? A man's sperm quality isn't going to be as great as when he is in his 20s and 30s. But at the end of the day, everything is qadr, a lot of men and women are having children in their 40s. Somali mothers usually have their last kids at around 40 anyways, even the ones that got married really young, as we tend to have big families MashaAllah. Men need to stop shaming older mothers because older fathers tend to have a plethora of issues as well.

Science is advancing, years ago, whenever a couple had fertility issues, people would assume that the woman was the issue, but now we know men can have issues in fact 60% of infertility cases are due to men now.

Last edited:
Lol, there are in fact an abundance of sources that talk about fathers over 45+. It is also associated with higher risk of miscarriage and still birth.

Older men and women are more likely than young ones to have a child with autism, according to multiple studies published in the past decade. Especially when it comes to fathers, this parental-age effect is one of the most consistent findings in the epidemiology of autism.

What makes it worse is that older women tend to procreate with older men which increases the odds even more.

I think its a bit obvious don't you think? A man's sperm quality isn't going to be as great as when he is in his 20s and 30s. But at the end of the day, everything is qadr, a lot of men and women are having children in their 40s. Somali mothers usually have their last kids at around 40 anyways, even the ones that got married really young, as we tend to have big families MashaAllah. Men need to stop shaming older mothers because older fathers tend to have a plethora of issues as well.

Science is advancing, years ago, whenever a couple had fertility issues, people would assume that the woman was the issue, but now we know men can have issues in fact 60% of infertility cases are due to men now.

I don't care about the age gap thing. There was an age gap between Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Aisha. I don't think anyone (not even Christians who were writing against Islam such as Thomas Aquinas) cared until modern times. And it's haraam for a woman to be married against her will so if she consents then it's fine and if she doesn't want the suitor she can refuse.

But I just want to mention that people of all kinds of age can have kids and I want to tell people to not trust the doctors when they say things like "you shouldn't have a kid because this, because that".

It makes me very angry that the doctors and them try to tell people these kinds of things because they told this to my cousin's mom. My cousin is the same age as me, we grew up together. They said something like she shouldn't have my cousin because medical reasons or whatever. But I grew up with my cousin and I know my cousin is perfectly fine and very intelligent. She does have some medical problems but she is mentally and physically fine over all, just with some medical problems that are inconvenient but not that big a deal. She is not at all disabled or anything like that.

If the doctors and scientists are really smart they should reflect upon the Quran and how Allah gave Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and his wife sons even after they were old:

Our messengers [angels] came to Ibraheem with glad tidings. They bade him peace; he answered: [And upon you be] peace. And he hastened to bring them a roasted calf.
But when he saw that their hands did not reach out towards it, he had misgivings about them and conceived a fear of them. They said: Fear not; we have been sent to the people of Loot. His wife, who was standing nearby, laughed. Then We gave her the glad tidings of Is-haq and, after Is-haq, of Ya'qoob.
She said: Alas for me! How can I bear a child when 1 am an old woman, and this husband of mine is an old man? That would be a strange thing indeed!
They said: Do you marvel at the decree of Allah? May the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you, O members of this household. Verily He is Praiseworthy, Glorious.

-Surah Hud 11:69-73

If Allah decrees, people can have children at whatever age and insha'Allah they will be fine and healthy. The doctors told my cousin's mom not to have kids or something like that and I know my cousin is perfectly fine. And I have heard of people having kids at an old age- maybe the case of Ibrahim and his wife could be a special miracle like the birth of Isa but there are cases even of ordinary people having kids at an old age.

The very famous Russian writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was born in 1918. His son Yermolai was born in 1970. So Solzhenitsyn would have been about 52. His son Ignat was born in 1972.

His son Ignat apparently is a famous conductor.

Ignat Aleksandrovich Solzhenitsyn (Russian: Игнат Александрович Солженицын; born 23 September 1972) is a Russian-American conductor and pianist. He is the conductor laureate of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia[1] and the principal guest conductor of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra. He is the son of Russian author Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

I don't support music, I affirm that music is haraam but... that doesn't sound like a mentally or physically disabled person to me.

Anyways, I have never even heard of any opinion of any scholar that having kids at an older age is haraam or makruh. If Allah wills, people can have kids at whatever age at and if Allah wills they will be perfectly fine.

I don't care about the age gap thing. There was an age gap between Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Aisha. I don't think anyone (not even Christians who were writing against Islam such as Thomas Aquinas) cared until modern times. And it's haraam for a woman to be married against her will so if she consents then it's fine and if she doesn't want the suitor she can refuse.

But I just want to mention that people of all kinds of age can have kids and I want to tell people to not trust the doctors when they say things like "you shouldn't have a kid because this, because that".

It makes me very angry that the doctors and them try to tell people these kinds of things because they told this to my cousin's mom. My cousin is the same age as me, we grew up together. They said something like she shouldn't have my cousin because medical reasons or whatever. But I grew up with my cousin and I know my cousin is perfectly fine and very intelligent. She does have some medical problems but she is mentally and physically fine over all, just with some medical problems that are inconvenient but not that big a deal. She is not at all disabled or anything like that.

If the doctors and scientists are really smart they should reflect upon the Quran and how Allah gave Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and his wife sons even after they were old:

Our messengers [angels] came to Ibraheem with glad tidings. They bade him peace; he answered: [And upon you be] peace. And he hastened to bring them a roasted calf.
But when he saw that their hands did not reach out towards it, he had misgivings about them and conceived a fear of them. They said: Fear not; we have been sent to the people of Loot. His wife, who was standing nearby, laughed. Then We gave her the glad tidings of Is-haq and, after Is-haq, of Ya'qoob.
She said: Alas for me! How can I bear a child when 1 am an old woman, and this husband of mine is an old man? That would be a strange thing indeed!
They said: Do you marvel at the decree of Allah? May the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you, O members of this household. Verily He is Praiseworthy, Glorious.

-Surah Hud 11:69-73

If Allah decrees, people can have children at whatever age and insha'Allah they will be fine and healthy. The doctors told my cousin's mom not to have kids or something like that and I know my cousin is perfectly fine. And I have heard of people having kids at an old age- maybe the case of Ibrahim and his wife could be a special miracle like the birth of Isa but there are cases even of ordinary people having kids at an old age.

The very famous Russian writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was born in 1918. His son Yermolai was born in 1970. So Solzhenitsyn would have been about 52. His son Ignat was born in 1972.

His son Ignat apparently is a famous conductor.

Ignat Aleksandrovich Solzhenitsyn (Russian: Игнат Александрович Солженицын; born 23 September 1972) is a Russian-American conductor and pianist. He is the conductor laureate of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia[1] and the principal guest conductor of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra. He is the son of Russian author Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

I don't support music, I affirm that music is haraam but... that doesn't sound like a mentally or physically disabled person to me.

Anyways, I have never even heard of any opinion of any scholar that having kids at an older age is haraam or makruh. If Allah wills, people can have kids at whatever age at and if Allah wills they will be perfectly fine.
That is why I specifically said that everything is Qadr. Usually, that line of thinking is used against women. Yet, I know far too many women that have had children between the ages of 40-45 which is pretty late for women.

Only reason why I posted it is because whilst men don't have a biological clock like women, they too are better off marrying and having children younger instead of wasting their time vilifying women that get married and have children at 30+.

That is why I specifically said that everything is Qadr. Usually, that line of thinking is used against women. Yet, I know far too many women that have had children between the ages of 40-45 which is pretty late for women.

Only reason why I posted it is because whilst men don't have a biological clock like women, they too are better off marrying and having children younger instead of wasting their time vilifying women that get married and have children at 30+.

"Yet, I know far too many women that have had children between the ages of 40-45 which is pretty late for women."

and the kids are fine, I would imagine. they paint this picture like the woman will give birth to a disabled person but.... I think usually the child comes out perfectly fine. You wouldn't know unless they told you that they were born of an older mother.

Well men and women should marry early- ideally. It drives me crazy how society pushes this idea that people should get married late or that it's okay fine, cool, okay and normal for that to be the case. We have to encourage people to marry early or all kinds of haraam can end up happening. How many young people are addicted to ? And then there's zina. Then there's all kinds of weird deviant stuff they promote.

If men and women, I don't care which sex we're talking about, are encouraged to marry late such as after 30.... what do people think they'll do in the meantime? they're just going to be monks or nuns? I think everyone knows it will lead to things like zina but that the ones who promote late marriage just don't care.

"Yet, I know far too many women that have had children between the ages of 40-45 which is pretty late for women."

and the kids are fine, I would imagine. they paint this picture like the woman will give birth to a disabled person but.... I think usually the child comes out perfectly fine. You wouldn't know unless they told you that they were born of an older mother.

Well men and women should marry early- ideally. It drives me crazy how society pushes this idea that people should get married late or that it's okay fine, cool, okay and normal for that to be the case. We have to encourage people to marry early or all kinds of haraam can end up happening. How many young people are addicted to ? And then there's zina. Then there's all kinds of weird deviant stuff they promote.

If men and women, I don't care which sex we're talking about, are encouraged to marry late such as after 30.... what do people think they'll do in the meantime? they're just going to be monks or nuns? I think everyone knows it will lead to things like zina but that the ones who promote late marriage just don't care.
Wallahi everyone is different and in life we all have our own time frames. What irritates me is people's obsession with things that are ultimately qadr. I know far too many women that are desperate to marry. It is at times a plethora of reasons as to why they're still unmarried. From living in a majority non Somali area, to being introverts, to parents not having a lot of friends so there aren't a lot of people that know them or can ask for their hand, to having bad luck with regards to the quality of men they come across. But ultimately, I tell them the main reason why is because it isn't written for them yet. No matter how much you try, improve yourself ect which are things you should be doing don't get me wrong, but if it isn't written for you yet you're not going to and when it is written for you, no one can stop you. Majority of Muslim women want to marry before 30,so its disheartening when men shame and belittle girls that are still unmarried or who end up marrying late and this conversation is always gendered.

Society can push whatever, but we In the Muslim community have our own norms and tbh usually people marry between the ages of 23- 27 which I believe is a good age. You're young, in your prime, completed your education and should be working ect.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I wouldn't say so, walaal. The autism rates seem high even among couples that are young and relatively the same age. A lot of random eedos I know of who's odays are about their age in the US and UK have kids who are autistic. I even met a girl here in the UAE about my age who's now divorced from a husband about our age who has a seemingly autistic kid. And, honestly, this phenomenon of marrying much younger brides, at least among western diasporans, is overstated if you ask me. The increased autism rates probably have more to do with both the hooyo and the aabo in this case. Modern men in general, especially in western countries, have lowered sperm counts and sperm quality than previous generations and the women have, like the men, deranged microbiomes which are seemingly quite closely linked with autism in their children:

The hooyo, to be honest, is extremely important in this case. They're the ones mainly passing on a gut flora to their child. And, funnily enough, the main reason both men and women have these issues like lowering sperm counts and the women having deranged gut flora that they pass on to their kids and lowered fertility rates are basically high-carb, seed/vegetable-oil rich diets with lots of other processed components and low animal protein and fat.

Ditch the carbs (especially the refined carbs), the seed oils and the processed anything, eat loads of animal protein and fat pretty evenly (50:50) and you should see your fertility rates shoot up and the kids generally come out more robust in every way. Breast-feed for at least 2 years like we're supposed to as well and make sure their first introduced foods are things like meat, fish, eggs and raw dairy products with perhaps at best some organic, unsprayed fruits if you want to introduce plants.

I wouldn't say so, walaal. The autism rates seem high even among couples that are young and relatively the same age. A lot of random eedos I know of who's odays are about their age in the US and UK have kids who are autistic. I even met a girl here in the UAE about my age who's now divorced from a husband about our age who has a seemingly autistic kid. And, honestly, this phenomenon of marrying much younger brides, at least among western diasporans, is overstated if you ask me. The increased autism rates probably have more to do with both the hooyo and the aabo in this case. Modern men in general, especially in western countries, have lowered sperm counts and sperm quality than previous generations and the women have, like the men, deranged microbiomes which are seemingly quite closely linked with autism in their children:

The hooyo, to be honest, is extremely important in this case. They're the ones mainly passing on a gut flora to their child. And, funnily enough, the main reason both men and women have these issues like lowering sperm counts and the women having deranged gut flora that they pass on to their kids and lowered fertility rates are basically high-carb, seed/vegetable-oil rich diets with lots of other processed components and low animal protein and fat.

Ditch the carbs (especially the refined carbs), the seed oils and the processed anything, eat loads of animal protein and fat pretty evenly (50:50) and you should see your fertility rates shoot up and the kids generally come out more robust in every way. Breast-feed for at least 2 years like we're supposed to as well and make sure their first introduced foods are things like meat, fish, eggs and raw dairy products with perhaps at best some fruits if you want to introduce plants.

You hit the nail on the head: lower quality sperm.

Usually, that is an issue for older men right? But now it seems that it effecting the younger generation which says a lot about our garbage diets.

Also, take into account Vitamin D deficiency which is an issue for darker skinned Muslim women which could be an explanation as to why women in their prime married to men of a similar age also have this problem.

Ultimately, like what I was telling another poster, everything is qadr of Allah. There has also been studies claiming that women being too young like teens is also an issue.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You hit the nail on the head: lower quality sperm.

Usually, that is an issue for older men right? But now it seems that it effecting the younger generation which says a lot about our garbage diets.

Also, take into account Vitamin D deficiency which is an issue for darker skinned Muslim women which could be an explanation as to why women in their prime married to men of a similar age also have this problem.

A big reason why so many people are vitamin D deficient isn't even sunlight but diet. European Hunter-Gatherers like the western ones, based on their genetics, were arguably quite dark-skinned. Probably comparable to some of the Igbos you were talking about in another thread yet these people were highly robust and had high bone density as far as I recall. It's because they ate a diet rich in seafood (fresh and seawater fish, aquatic mammals and even carnivorous fish) + terrestrial mammals which put them high on the food-chain and kept them solid vitamin D wise:

... continuation of post

Not to mention that Upper Paleolithic Europeans were often even more carnivorous (high trophic level) in their diet than Neanderthals who were shown to be clearly high-trophic level carnivores and UP Europeans in general were some of the most robust, large crania possessing humans out there:

WuKEhDe.png

Look at how nearly all the humans up there appear even more high-trophic level (carnivorous) in their diet than Neanderthals while Oase-1 is more separated from the herbivorous animals than Canids, Hyenas and Neanderthals are. Whether the explanation is that they ate lots of seafood or even carnivorous animals along with the land mammals or putrefied meat, they didn't get up there through munching on loads of plants, that's for sure. They didn't even find evidence that they were eating much in the way of things like hazelnuts that were readily available:

The same sort of thing goes for Upper Paleolithic Siberian Hunter-Gatherers and HGs in Eastern Europe:

VCBTe1E.png

EmBDYUr.png

Observe how high they are on average compared to carnivorous animals like Lions and Wolves. And once again these are some of the most robust Humans in the archaeological record as I'm sure you know. Keep in mind as well that Europe/Siberia or no, these are the same Anatomically Modern Humans as you and me, there is no evidence of notable differences in digestive tracts between us and them that we know of.

Even in the Mediterranean's Paleolithic era they find via isotopic data that they ate overwhelmingly animal foods:

Here is some data on Africa as well:

cAy9Zt8.png

wLGf57g.png

Notice how virtually all the human groups, other than some of the Bantus who have iron-age farming cultures, are at a higher trophic level than carnivores. Even our own Savanna Pastoral Neolithic, Cushitic-speaking kin who were known to collect and grind down grains were clearly consuming a crap-ton of animal matter over plants. And notice the right-leaning bias as well, especially among the pre-historic groups:

25YWR1m.png

source

Post continued...

And you are correct. It's shameful for men in their 20s, 30s and 40s to have such poor sperm quality as what I keep reading about nowadays. It's what happens when an animal that ate mainly saturated and monounsaturated fat suddenly eats like 90% PUFAs, and from plants rather than animals to boot, has a crap ton of nutritionally empty starches, doesn't workout and eats a relatively low protein, especially bioavailable protein, diet with all kinds of vitamin deficiencies. To say nothing of alcohol, not getting enough sunlight & fresh air and even random stuff I've offhandedly seen regarding the testosterone draining effects of p*rn addiction.

A big reason why so many people are vitamin D deficient isn't even sunlight but diet. European Hunter-Gatherers like the western ones, based on their genetics, were arguably quite dark-skinned. Probably comparable to some of the Igbos you were talking about in another thread yet these people were highly robust and had high bone density as far as I recall. It's because they ate a diet rich in seafood (fresh and seawater fish, aquatic mammals and even carnivorous fish) + terrestrial mammals which put them high on the food-chain and kept them solid vitamin D wise:

And you are correct. It's shameful for men in their 20s, 30s and 40s to have such poor sperm quality as what I keep reading about nowadays. It's what happens when an animal that ate mainly saturated and monounsaturated fat suddenly eats like 90% PUFAs, and from plants rather than animals to boot, has a crap ton of nutritionally empty starches, doesn't workout and eats a relatively low protein, especially bioavailable protein, diet with all kinds of vitamin deficiencies.
These studies that say older men are much more likely to have lower sperm qualities and therefore are more likely to have children with Austism ect, are going by a standard in which younger men have a normal healthy diet ect. If that was the case then yes, they do have a point to link older men with birth defects, but going by your informative post it seems younger and younger men now have the sperm quality of a pensioner!

I think people forget how crucial gut health is. It is literally linked to most diseases and issues. People don't even realise but gut health even effects your skin and appearance. I only started to pay serious attention to my gut recently and invest in decent probiotics and suppliments ect.

Ditch the carbs (especially the refined carbs), the seed oils and the processed anything, eat loads of animal protein and fat pretty evenly (50:50) and you should see your fertility rates shoot up and the kids generally come out more robust in every way. Breast-feed for at least 2 years like we're supposed to as well and make sure their first introduced foods are things like meat, fish, eggs and raw dairy products with perhaps at best some organic, unsprayed fruits if you want to introduce plants.

I definitely agree with a lot of what you say but I disagree with your dismissal of the age of the father. There’s probably multiple factors on why it’s out of control and maybe even a genetic component.

I know of so many cases of men having children ranging from 40s all the way to a few months, it’s a huge phenomenon and most of the time the youngest children have many more health issues (not just autism). It’s so blatantly obvious it’s the reproductive issues of the father because the mother is 20-30 for both sets of children.

I don’t think you know what birth control is, I also think you you understand very much about reproduction. You cannot ‘abuse’ birth control and Somali women barely use it with are average birth rate at 11 lmao.

Get yourself a library card and go to the non fiction section and familiarize yourself with human reproductive systems.

I know you’re a FOB because what the f*ck is ‘self identity’. That’s not a concept in the English language at least in the way you’re trying to use it. What are you even saying?

Finally someone with someone with some brains most people in this forum just make baseless claims without evidence and everyone for some reason believes them.
Also I think in our current day and age due to the plethora of evidence I have seen unless you go and live in a mountain somewhere you are going to be effected by the environment and it is inevitable that you will get cancer or children with some kind of defects and allergies and mental health problems and obesity and all of this stuff, in order to change it you would have to change the entire society and that would take a long time

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Caabudwaaqdi wacneed ma Cilaanle ka timid
VIP
@Amina99 day to day conversation with more teasing and flirtation involved goes a long way in keeping a wench satisfied and obedient.

By the way what sort of 18 year old does homework ? when I was 18 I was doing assignments, weird choice of words I must say. You also seem to have a problem with 18 year old marrying 30 year old. Maybe you are jealous, I distinctively remember 18 year old marrying older guys and their friends always complaining about it, its pure jealousy.

You are well on your way being a homewrecker, good luck doe, Karma is hella b!tch, and one day when you are married this will happen to you as well.

Finally someone with someone with some brains most people in this forum just make baseless claims without evidence and everyone for some reason believes them.
Also I think in our current day and age due to the plethora of evidence I have seen unless you go and live in a mountain somewhere you are going to be effected by the environment and it is inevitable that you will get cancer or children with some kind of defects and allergies and mental health problems and obesity and all of this stuff, in order to change it you would have to change the entire society and that would take a long time.
Also I think in our current day and age due to the plethora of evidence I have seen unless you go and live in a mountain somewhere you are going to be effected by the environment and it is inevitable that you will get cancer or children with some kind of defects and allergies and mental health problems and obesity and all of this stuff, in order to change it you would have to change the entire society and that would take a long time
Did anyone not mention obesity and high sugar content having some connections to autism as well ?
As y’all have said, there’s a lot more to it. But what’s strange is that many doctors will say it’s a lot more common compared to the past and many special need issues are becoming more common.

Trending