Thinking Vs Doing How To Harmonize

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I find a-lot of people in the world and their seems to be a great divide between thinkers and doers. You know there is people who tell you plan, plan, plan and think and think and think but never end up doing much in terms of actions and results. But then there is the type who do and do and do and commit to action over and over again but they don't really add much to the world. Imagine we were all doers for example, we would all be throwing spears today because after-all the idea is just keep doing and doing and doing. Where-as Thinkers if we all just relied on this then nothing would also materialize.

I really trying to find a way to harmonize these two aspects because I think you need both. I definitely fall on the side of thinking but I also know without the doing side, it will never materalize. I have had past experiences of just doing and doing before like going to school, studying, getting a job and just remaining on this path and I was so miserable and felt I was just repeating the wheel basically like a rat on the mill just running around constantly with no purpose at all.

Who has ideas where both can be harmonized and when to turn thinking into plans and then action. I think the best person in the world will have both these attributes not just one!!!

How do you people handle failure? I for one if I fail at something, I don't like getting back up again. I will always wonder about failing again and this kills me. It's definitely not a motivation for me, I think that's why I err towards the side of thinking so much, im trying to reduce any type of failure to occur. Where-as I realised also to myself, If I don't get up again and just sit there wondering and pondering about being scared to fail, do I want my whole life to end with me just sitting there scared of getting up again?

So I know both these are not answers for me, I dont wanna sit there my whole life wondering 'what ifs' and at the same time I don't want to experience 'failure' as I enjoy stability. Hence why I need to know where do u merge thinking and doing in your lives?

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Like this video, if that was me even after the first missed shot, I don't think I would come back and play again due to self doubts mainly!!! He is saying he succeeded because of failure, I can't relate to that. Failure doesn't make me succeed!!! So I want more ideas why you get back up after failure. My perception of failure makes me not want to get up again. I think my whole character is based around running from failure!!! So it has a big role in my life.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I think fear is a lack of control. It just came to me when I was outside and was startled by something in the trees. If I had control of everything and knew everything before-hand, there would be no fear on my part. I assume I jumped and got that low gut fear feeling my stomach cuz something just startled me and I wasn't in control of that.

So I got somethings to learn about control maybe, cmon someone add something to this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending