They REALLY need to trim the fat in the Cabinet

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Now I understand the reason there are so many ministerships is because they want to appease different clans with positions, but come on. This is getting absurd.

As talks with regional leaders and we linger closer to 1M1V, this needs to be addressed.

9F1D40B9-4605-4A46-B80D-016076F35944.jpeg

The American cabinet has 15 secretaries. UK has 18 ministers. Russia has 17 ministers.

While Wikipedia states 15 ministries, Kheyre presented 27 selections for ministerships in 2017.

We are not exactly the wealthiest country in the world. This is unbecoming.

Minister of Marine Resources and Fishing can easily be one.

Have a standing port and aviation authority and boom, two ministries gone.

Interior Minister should be doing the work of the Interior Security minister.

A minister for foreign affairs and for international cooperation? Come on, we could make a game of pointing out useless ministries or those with multiple overlapping duties.

We need to trim the fat to 10-12 max. States are already doing the work of some of these roles.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Bro we need every qabiil to have at least one position, even if it's only in name lmao. Lest they feel unrepresented

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Bro we need every qabiil to have at least one position, even if it's only in name lmao. Lest they feel unrepresented
Kkk I mentioned wanting to appease everybody but its really a waste of salaries and pointless tbh. 10 ministries would be ideal but if anything they will probably add more.

We will have a Minister of Fashion very soon. :mjlol:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Ministry of Justice/ constitutional affairs/religious affairs could all be put under one vague titled ministry.

How human rights and humanitarianism are two seperate things is beyond me. There are about 25+ and they could definitely be trimmed down to less than half of that.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Ministry of Justice/ constitutional affairs/religious affairs could all be put under one vague titled ministry.

How human rights and humanitarianism are two seperate things is beyond me. There are about 25+ and they could definitely be trimmed down to less than half of that.
If you ask me I say

Education
Health
Finance
Foreign Affairs
Interior
Defence
Justice

are the only ministries that are actually necessary.
The rest fit into these ministries.

Constitutional Affairs and Human Rights aligns with Justice.

Internal Security = Defense. So on and so forth.

There should still be a nationwide port and aviation authority.

Telecommunication and youth sports can be absorbed into a standing ministry (the interior).

10-15 ministries are already gone.

The biggest problem is that there are NO Constitutional Courts to safeguard the Country
Constitution.

For democracy to function probably, there needs to be a Constitutional Court.

For now in Somalia, the Constitution is who ever is in power whether Federal/State
or local.

Everytime there is a new Somali Leader, he comes up with new ministerial formula.
There is nowhere in the world this happens.

The biggest problem is that there are NO Constitutional Courts to safeguard the Country
Constitution.

For now in Somalia, the Constitution is who ever is in power whether Federal/State
or local.

Everytime there is a new Somali Leader, he comes up with new ministerial formula.
The constitution isn’t applied at all galmudug shouldn’t be a state by that standard

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Constitution.

or local.

There should be state, and federal courts for exactly this reason.

Maybe Judge Abdulqawi Yusuf could even aid the govt in the creation of federal and state court systems.

A court similar to the Supreme Court should be handling issues that have to do with the constitution. Maybe it should not have lifelong terms though LOL.

Can't be rewriting rules all willy nilly. There has to be checks and balances.