They don’t eat chicken in some places in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traveled from Galkacyo to Boosaaso and chicken is a luxury in some places.

They eat eggs everywhere but not chicken meat.

Chicken farms is a new thing.

In many of these places they only eat meat, for breakfast, lunch and eaving it’s all meat.

They eat very fatty and oily kidney for breakfast.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Is that a bad thing? People should eat less meat. It is good for both the environment and the health.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP

In many of these places they only eat meat, for breakfast, lunch and eaving it’s all meat.

Chicken isn't eating alot in the north, but in bosaso we eat alot of fish.

Apollo

VIP
First time I visited Somalia in the mid-2000s, it was hard to find.

But on more recent trips, I have seen it more often.

Bruv I went to Bosaso last year and them Kaluun steaks are so delicious and in most restaurants you can find chicken steaks.

One more thing I noticed about the chicken in Somalia is they are feral and no one feeds them and eat everything they can find like all kinds of faeces, worms and decaying food. It’s a health hazard to consume them.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Maybe chicken is more expensive and meat is cheaper and can feed more people

I plan to open a kfc one day in somalia and introduce them to what they have been missing out on! Chicken is just..ummm

:lawd::kendrickcry::mjkkk:

One more thing I noticed about the chicken in Somalia is they are feral and no one feeds them and eat everything they can find like all kinds of faeces, worms and decaying food. It’s a health hazard to consume them.

that's called free-range chicken and they are 100% organic. their eggs are very expensive here in canada. delicious and healthy

that's called free-range chicken and they are 100% organic. their eggs are very expensive here in canada. delicious and healthy

Jamal

Have you ever seen free range chukes? They are fed in their open environment and aren’t caged. They aren’t desperate to eat faeces and in particular human faeces like the Somali chicken. You are right, the free range eggs and poultry is expensive. Here, a kg costs around $20.00, while the estrogen fed (female hormones) chukes are much cheaper. Don’t eat much of it, otherwise, you will be sharing bra with your wife.

Last edited:
Chicken is very expensive in Gaalkacyo. If I could remember, chicken would be around $10 USD for a whole chicken from a bibito (A cafeteria in Galkacyo slang).

Instead they eat camels and goats which go for $4-6 a kilo, which is the equivalent of the prices for meat in Australia.

Meat is very expensive in PL but chicken is even more expensive.

Chicken is a laangaab dish according to some Cushitic cultures, fish too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending