There is meeting of the EU's EUNAVFOR Operation and the PM tomorrow

According to this piece there is a upcoming meeting tomorrow between The EU's EUNAVFOR Operation and the PM. Clearly, the EU is agitating to renew the mandate of this 'mission' once again.

Officially their mandate is ''countering-piracy military operation at sea off the Horn of Africa and in the Western Indian Ocean''.

But unofficially they really exist to protect French and Spanish illegal fishing trawlers in the Indian Ocean. France has a few islands in the Indian Ocean but their trawlers regularly encroach into Somali waters frequently and what about Spain? What is Spain doing fishing in the Indian Ocean?

How did these two countries become the biggest catcher of yellowfin tuna in the Indian Ocean?

There is also the matter of European firms radioactive dumping in Somalia’s waters by #EU flagged vessels.

In light of the defence agreement with Turkey due to the announced MOU. What purpose would it serve to renew the mandate of this 'operation'?

Given the horrendous corruption in Somalia now. I fully expect that they will agree to renew the operation in which case the looting of our resources goes on.

Last edited:
According to this piece there is a upcoming meeting tomorrow between The EU's EUNAVFOR Operation and the PM. Clearly the EU is agitating to renew the mandate of this 'mission' once again.

Officially their mandate is ''countering-piracy military operation at sea off the Horn of Africa and in the Western Indian Ocean''.

But unofficially they really exist to protect French and Spanish illegal fishing trawlers in the Indian Ocean. France has a few islands in the Indian Ocean but their trawlers regularly encroach into Somali waters frequently and what about Spain? What is Spain doing fishing in the Indian Ocean?

There is also the matter of European firms radioactive dumping in Somalia’s waters by #EU flagged vessels.

In light of the defence agreement with Turkey due to the announced MOU. What purpose would it serve to renew the mandate of this 'operation'?

Given the horrendous corruption in Somalia now. I fully expect that they will agree to renew the operation in which case the looting of our resources goes on.

As I mentioned to @Pastoralist Turkey was never here to protect anything lol.

Trending

Latest posts