The universe is "talking" to us through mathematical principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the world I see patterns, patterns and then a combination of patterns to form intricate "solutions" to something. Recently I read about Srinivasa Ramanujan and how he intricately laid down solutions right out of the back of his mind.He didn't prove his solutions just as me and you wouldn't prove "x+1 = x-2+3".When asked about this seemingly bizaree trait held by a poor indian boy far from such civilised regions like Britain etc he would reply that he learnt from one of his "gods". Mathematicians attributed this to intuition , which makes no more sense than Ramanujans claim.Similiarly Nikola Tesla , a genius in his own right, attributed his intuition to aliens.He claimed that something was sending him "signals" which he saw vividly as answers to hidden questions with reference to Alternating Currents.Newton attributed it to god, not explicity however his view of Euclidean space as always relying on a constant absolute system with reference to all other systems exposed his belief that there must be a God for coordinate space. This is seen throughout history , great leaps by these "intuitionalists".I myself am more of a logician than the former however I still can see the answers before I write them down, if I don't see the answer I stumble slowly towards the goal. Otherwise I race towards it, the latter is to my liking but i cannot write down its solutions.

Now i propose a hypothesis on why this is, extremely intelligent people internalise solutions/theorems and definitions .For example if i said 1+1 you would pop up with the answer 2 in your head.Similiary if i stated 10^15 *1 you would pop up with 10^15.This could answer the genius of these peoples intuitive solutions, they just inherently know through recognising general patterns.Either that or mathematics allows us to converse with beings.Intense mathematics allows us to talk to any other cognitive beings in the universe. Perhaps similar to how we read the Quran and converse with Allah do mathematicians converse with beings through this language. What are your thoughts on this?

@DrOsman @BestCaseScenario

When I look at the world I see patterns, patterns and then a combination of patterns to form intricate "solutions" to something. Recently I read about Srinivasa Ramanujan and how he intricately laid down solutions right out of the back of his mind.He didn't prove his solutions just as me and you wouldn't prove "x+1 = x-2+3".When asked about this seemingly bizaree trait held by a poor indian boy far from such civilised regions like Britain etc he would reply that he learnt from one of his "gods". Mathematicians attributed this to intuition , which makes no more sense than Ramanujans claim.Similiarly Nikola Tesla , a genius in his own right, attributed his intuition to aliens.He claimed that something was sending him "signals" which he saw vividly as answers to hidden questions with reference to Alternating Currents.Newton attributed it to god, not explicity however his view of Euclidean space as always relying on a constant absolute system with reference to all other systems exposed his belief that there must be a God for coordinate space. This is seen throughout history , great leaps by these "intuitionalists".I myself am more of a logician than the former however I still can see the answers before I write them down, if I don't see the answer I stumble slowly towards the goal. Otherwise I race towards it, the latter is to my liking but i cannot write down its solutions.

Now i propose a hypothesis on why this is, extremely intelligent people internalise solutions/theorems and definitions .For example if i said 1+1 you would pop up with the answer 2 in your head.Similiary if i stated 10^15 *1 you would pop up with 10^15.This could answer the genius of these peoples intuitive solutions, they just inherently know through recognising general patterns.Either that or mathematics allows us to converse with beings.Intense mathematics allows us to talk to any other cognitive beings in the universe. Perhaps similar to how we read the Quran and converse with Allah do mathematicians converse with beings through this language. What are your thoughts on this?

@DrOsman @BestCaseScenario

You write good bro. Our physical world doesn't have just some mathematical properties, but it has only mathematical properties according to the Swedish-American Max Tegmark who wrote a book by the name "Our Mathematical Universe". It makes sense for some to say then Math is the language of God.

Some quotes on Intuition and how it helped mankind made progress in understanding their universe.

The supreme task of the physicist is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition, resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them. In this methodological uncertainty, one might suppose that there were any number of possible systems of theoretical physics all equally well justified; and this opinion is no doubt correct, theoretically. But the development of physics has shown that at any given moment, out of all conceivable constructions, a single one has always proved itself decidedly superior to all the rest. Albert Einstein

All human knowledge begins with intuitions, proceeds from thence to concepts, and ends with ideas. Immanuel Kant

Great post.

You write good bro. Our physical world doesn't have just some mathematical properties, but it has only mathematical properties according to the Swedish-American Max Tegmark who wrote a book by the name "Our Mathematical Universe". It makes sense for some to say then Math is the language of God.

Some quotes on Intuition and how it helped mankind made progress in understanding their universe.

The supreme task of the physicist is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition, resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them. In this methodological uncertainty, one might suppose that there were any number of possible systems of theoretical physics all equally well justified; and this opinion is no doubt correct, theoretically. But the development of physics has shown that at any given moment, out of all conceivable constructions, a single one has always proved itself decidedly superior to all the rest. Albert Einstein

All human knowledge begins with intuitions, proceeds from thence to concepts, and ends with ideas. Immanuel Kant

Great post.
With reference to Einstein's quote I believe that its because we live in our environment we come up with these intuitions as you reference in the next quote. I would be extremely interested to see an intelligent species developing physical laws underwater. Instead of beginning with the Force = mass x acceleration they might come up with an equivalent formula adding in the drag and lift effects caused by the water. Gravitational laws etc would all be given a linear transformation to explain the world, truly mesmirising. I often imagine a planet where the people are in perpetual rotation , perhaps they live in a world where everything spins due to magnetic effects etc.They would have to work backwards from rotational physics to linear physics. The most positive aspect of this is that if we find aliens we can use the knowledge they have built on dealing with certain "States" of physics to help us understand the universe. Afterall a spinning ET can understand the dancing of black holes or pulsars much more intuitively than us.

Rant over - :p

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I'm never a big fan of maths, it's too mind boggling for me.

The only maths I know is the difference in prices of products in the markets of Nishapur, Bukhara and Alexandria Ariana.

I'm never a big fan of maths, it's too mind boggling for me.

The only maths I know is the difference in prices of products in the markets of Nishapur, Bukhara and Alexandria Ariana.

You do calculations unconsciously as you walk or drive. Your brain does it for you and continuously informs you of the distance for your steps and warns you against running into people, and into other objects. The sudden breaking or jump back you engage in occasionally is the wrong calculations your brain made, or when encountering unexpected obstacle and an impending danger. Math is what makes life convenient whether we perceive that or not. You carry a computer made of flesh and blood on your head bro, literally that is what the brain is. An advanced living super super-computer that is biological.

The Humanoid God's the sheeple blindly worship explicitly and repeatedly state they got the information for which they are deified for, from "their Pagan God's" via supernatural inspirations

The pathetic blind sheeple that has blindly accepted everything that comes out of these satanists quacks mouth from their theories, formula's and even ideas as a gospel.

Bizarrely reject these many explicit statement on the 'origins' of these very ideas, theories, formula's they uphold fanatically rejecting the authors own words on how he came up with these things

This is cognitive dissonance on steroids, a level of worship and deification far worse then that of the most zealous voodo miscreant pagan you will ever find throughout history.

Pathetic Sheep: How did you come up with this magnificent theory, equation etc. which we zealously worship you for ?

Satanist Quack: It was inspired by one of my Pagan God's.

Pathetic sheep: Oh you must mean your great intuition!

Satanist Quack: No! It was via divine inspiration by my many Pagan God for whom I ritualistically and routinely sacrifice babies for.

Pathetic sheep: This must be a metaphor for something else, I will continue to propound and propagate your belief's but ignore the above.

Last edited:
The Humanoid God's the sheeple blindly worship explicitly and repeatedly state they got the information for which they are deified for, from "their Pagan God's" via supernatural inspirations

The pathetic blind sheeple that has blindly accepted everything that comes out of these satanists quacks mouth from their theories, formula's and even ideas as a gospel.

Bizarrely reject these many explicit statement on the 'origins' of these very ideas, theories, formula's they uphold fanatically rejecting the authors own words on how he came up with these things

This is cognitive dissonance on steroids, a level of worship and deification far worse then that of the most zealous voodo miscreant pagan you will ever find throughout history.

Pathetic Sheep: How did you come up with this magnificent theory, equation etc. which we zealously worship you for ?

Satanist Quack: No! It was via divine inspiration by my many Pagan God for whom I ritualistically and routinely sacrifice babies for.

Pathetic sheep: This must be a metaphor for something else, I will continue to propound and propagate your belief's but ignore the above.

But Allah inspires people saxib to find something. It is not pagan to contemplate and seek an explanation for the surrounding mysteries in life.

You benefitted from western education yourself. So you are being hypocritical a bit. I would say be careful with your rhetoric about worship and deification as well.

You were better when you were a Sufi.

I remember a story about a pagan accidently making dua to Allah through mentioning one of his names, his dua was accepted to one of the prophets surprise.Many of these people attribute traits to their Gods referring them to as alien, a specific pagan God or even an immovable object.The use of intuition is a way to explain how Atheists, pagans, theists ,muslims etc acquired such knowledge.

Note that the theories presented "Work" just as if I get 2 sticks and I exclaim there are 2 of these sticks.If I use one of their equations I can manipulate the universe to my advantage from building towers to constructing vehicles or even to transfer electrical energy throughout the world.

I think you suffer from extreme cynicism due to the lack of understanding pertaining to these "quackadamic equations".

CangeeroBear, In the spirit of nerdy, how do you think of heaven? I am certain you have imagined things about it as a kid or right now in your young adult life. What were you curious about as you listened to sermons about heaven?

CangeeroBear, In the spirit of nerdy, how do you think of heaven? I am certain you have imagined things about it as a kid or right now in your young adult life. What were you curious about as you listened to sermons about heaven?
As a child I used to watch the Simpsons every day at 6pm.I would hardly watch television but when the simpsons came on I would simply watch it like clockwork .Now criticisms aside, It often depicted heaven on the clouds this, funnily enough , shaped my view of heaven. Heaven at my first glance was where people went to have fun when they lost at the game of life, it also answered my question about why clouds were in the sky from a young age.

However my view of heaven was soon shattered as religion countered my ill conceived notions.I went to an Islamic school where heaven was often mentioned as unthinkable, whatever you think of heaven is wrong. Other than the rivers of honey or its sheer beuty heaven is something unreachable in the minds of mortals. Obviously that got me thinking about heavens contradictiveness. A place of grand pleasure yet we can never really gauge that pleasure? Seems unfair. I accommodated myself with it around age 9 , heaven was like a garden or a grape vine somewhere up there. This was also when I began reading on astronomy and wondering how the universe "was". I most likely was subconsciously searching for heaven but found hellish rocks and empty space.

As I progressed into teenage hood I eventually came to grips with the notion "unthinkable" , heaven was a place where my desires came true. My desires are unknown even to myself and are often mixed in a cauldron of sex , wealth and prestige. Heaven is unknown , that however is 100x better than Krusty the clown smoking in clouds or the vine yards I climbed eagerly as a child. True heaven is a place that even with our whimsical imaginations, is unimaginable.

How do these patterns exist in nature, without a creator guiding it to become. These math patterns, sequences and constants can't just have been formed by itself.

How do these patterns exist so perfectly when the probability of it falling out of pattern/sequence is infinitely much greater.

Last edited:

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
How much do you sell for pepper from South india.

40 Dirham per pepper.

It depends on the pepper itself, it's type, species, popularity and condition, so price is not concrete.

If you want some peppers from me, meet me in 5 days by the dockyard in Mogadishu, I shall have a fresh batch from the farms of Kerala ready for you, student of Zeno of Cilium.

saywalahi

Xamar Living
lol

It’s a common theory across many fields of science that the universe communicates with us through math

That me why math is called the language of the universe

As a child I used to watch the Simpsons every day at 6pm.I would hardly watch television but when the simpsons came on I would simply watch it like clockwork .Now criticisms aside, It often depicted heaven on the clouds this, funnily enough , shaped my view of heaven. Heaven at my first glance was where people went to have fun when they lost at the game of life, it also answered my question about why clouds were in the sky from a young age.

However my view of heaven was soon shattered as religion countered my ill conceived notions.I went to an Islamic school where heaven was often mentioned as unthinkable, whatever you think of heaven is wrong. Other than the rivers of honey or its sheer beuty heaven is something unreachable in the minds of mortals. Obviously that got me thinking about heavens contradictiveness. A place of grand pleasure yet we can never really gauge that pleasure? Seems unfair. I accommodated myself with it around age 9 , heaven was like a garden or a grape vine somewhere up there. This was also when I began reading on astronomy and wondering how the universe "was". I most likely was subconsciously searching for heaven but found hellish rocks and empty space.

As I progressed into teenage hood I eventually came to grips with the notion "unthinkable" , heaven was a place where my desires came true. My desires are unknown even to myself and are often mixed in a cauldron of sex , wealth and prestige. Heaven is unknown , that however is 100x better than Krusty the clown smoking in clouds or the vine yards I climbed eagerly as a child. True heaven is a place that even with our whimsical imaginations, is unimaginable.

Thanks for the reply Saxib. The "unthinkable" or the "Unimaginable" more precisely means that you can't find comparison for it based on human experience but you can try as much as you want. No matter how much you imagine of what can be there, you will still come up short. As the sayings of the prophet alluded to that there is what eyes never saw, ears never heard of and a human heart can never conjure up. It is not to discourage people from thinking about it, but it is to inform them that no matter how hard they try, they can't conjure it up in their mind. No one can limit human imagination but Islam gave you a guide to what your imagination can accomplish about heaven. Still, you can try...

Things that blew me away was the biological revolution in heaven for humans. The kind of advanced fixes in their person/body people pay for hefty of sums of money in this world but can't achieve, from plastic surgery to alleged concoctions that fight aging and gain immortality.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Ok time for a royal karbash not a heavenly one but a royalty type. You fool you deny evolution even after all the facts are displayed, we the secularists demand if you speak the truth you prove your theories of how a man and a woman can just pop out of the air without going through the process of change from a baby to a child to an adolescent to an adult. We want you to demonstrate through an experiment were we can confirm your childish nonsense rather then knocking us down for accepting things which are clearly visible and testable in-front of our eyes.

Just because God can pop something up out of nowhere, we are not denying that but in our world and our time restricted environment we simply cannot do such a thing and we are under certain laws, the only way things happen in our environment is through evolution and it can be proven through fossils changes in animals, it can be proven how many similar traits you have with other living being in DNA and even just your naked eye the similarities in your body internally and externally, it can be demonstrated how every living thing is united by bacteria which leads to a conclusion we must of came from a bacteria, it can be demonstrated that the environment does cause pressure for species to change and yes we are also affected as we share the same environment.

You son of a just cause god can do something doesn't mean we can. We must observe the laws of mother nature as we are subject to it, is it possible god did everything in the quran through creation yes on his side of 'time' but on our side of 'time' it is done through evolution and there is no contradiction with islam, we are not god we are subject to laws and we must damn learn it before it swallow up and puts us into the history books.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@CangeeroBear @BestCaseScenario These Wahabist fools think we reject god and the Quran creation, no we don't. We accept God can do everything but the problem is WE ARE NOT GOD and we are therefore subject to the laws we observe in the universe and we must study those laws. Can God do something while on our side we see it totally different of course he can.

That's what faith is for, you can have faith God did everything in the Quran which I actually do but I also realize I am not god and therefore I am subject to time and everything that comes with that law. These fools think just cause we say something that isn't in the quran we are challenging God, It's a stupid Wahabist belief system that what god says must be followed.

No God isn't a human nor is he in the universe, he is outside of these laws we are subject to and it is plausible that everything could've of been created in seconds on his side and he probably sees on his side the beginning and the end of everything, but we are not exposed to that side, and we can't work from that perspective unless we deem ourselves god. We must work with what we have before us and our side of the picture and that is clearly mathamatical there is no question about it. There is no way you can describe a tree and it's leaves without some figure. There is no way you can describe distance without a number. There is noway you can describe weight without a number. There is no-way you can describe speed without a number.

There is no-way you can describe shapes without a number. Heck you can't even describe our bodies without a number like the number of veins we have, how our heart operates and sends blood to our brain is all about volume of blood, path it takes to our brain which is distance, and the time it reaches there. All damn numbers. There is simply not a single thing in this world that can be described without the use of numbers or measurements.

I mean a simple colour for example red and green can't be described at all unless you measure the different strength of those colours from it's lightest to it's solid, you need some measurement that puts a number on the strength of each colour through it's gradual change in strength. I mean even a cup of water you can't describe without a number or litre or something.

Now what's interesting about mathatmatics is how they came up with the measurements such as litre to measure water or the measurement grade they use for color or any other measurement for real world phenonema, that's where the real interest is.

Isaac Newton did say mathematics is nothing but quantity, weight, and a number. I watched an interesting documentary of James Clerk Maxwell the guy who figured out colors are not how it seems and they can be mixed to produce different colors.

He even introduced the first Color photo by saying the color white is a mix of certain base colors red, green, and so forth.

But his true magic was destroying the myth at the time that everything is physical and mechanical in the universe and can be touched, sensed, and so forth when he introduced electro-magnetic which clearly isn't visible to the naked eye lol. He argued that light was electro magnetic in nature and not physical at all.

His invention basically fostered the introduction of radio-waves, tvs, satellite dishes, radars, phones, computers, and all the things used to power it up basically.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Maybe we can do something like hodan nalayeh who targets the english speaking diaspora what u think guys. A Somali explained scientific show to pick up the people knowledge in these areas!!! I think it would be a huge hit if we can convert it into Somali for them and demonstrate these concepts through real tests like they do in youtube!!!

There is absolutely no competition in this sector in somalia the market would be all ours!!!

The story of the genius Ramanujan is very inspiring, a simple Tamil boy from Madras,who outshone the brightest mathematicians of his time, and produced mathematical works of the highest level.

Mathematics is a wonderful thing and so much has been achieved through its use to explain phenomena that would otherwise be unattainable to us as mortal beings limited as we are by our senses. It's the bedrock of all physical sciences.

Mathematics is both a tool and a language, and this is where it's power and limitations are also exhibited. Since enough praises have been sung about maths, let me explain what I mean by its limitations, inherent in its qualities as a tool and a language.

Tools are useful things when used for the right purpose. Their inadequacies come from using them for the wrong job. For example, a scalpel and an axe are both cutting tools. But for a surgeon, a scalpel is probably more useful, and more widely used than an axe.

Language is also useful to explain phenomena, but language fails us when dealing with things that are presently unexplainable by hard sciences. For example we use the 99 attributes of God to describe him, but even this is still inadequate to describe the grandeur, power and majesty of God. Language often limits us when we wish to describe metaphysical things or things to do with emotions.

The point is that with all its wonderful attributes, mathematics is not the alpha and omega, the one answer to all of life's questions, as some hardcore material scientists like to portray it. It has limitations inherent in its attributes as a language and tool.

I like the idea of popularising science education among the Somalis, such as the excellent videos we get from BBC. If we could dub for example, the story of electricity by Professor Jim al Khalili, and similar science documentaries(instead of the endless Indian Masala movies),and distribute them through the usual Somali media, it will contribute to educate Somalis on basic scientific principles.
An appreciation about basic science helps to enlighten society and prevent many harmful practices that are carried out by societies because of ignorance.

Out of the darkness comes light.

Status
Not open for further replies.