The unique somali look

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
carried out research of my own. Here's what I found:

Somalis, along with most of their fellow related Northeast African ethnicities like the Afar, Beja, and Oromo, are what I believe what early humans may have looked like, and that their unique and unordinary combination of aquiline features and dark skin is not a result of mixing or miscegenation of any sort. Rather to the contrary, Somalis are indeed very homogenous, not just culturally and phenotypically, but also genetically.

main-qimg-2460dce838602768193a7fa72b20876f-lq

And if Somalis were indeed a mix of "black" Africans (race being a social construct, but you get meaning) and, say, a "caucasian/white" non-African group, would they not then look like the mixed-heritage Swahili peoples that live just south of them? would they not physically resemble other Afro-Arab or mixed black/white populations? yet they do not. This is yet still ignoring the plethora of other evidences that point and suggest otherwise. Another similar piece of evidence are the neighboring Christian Ethio-Semitic groups, who are themselves the descendants of an Arabian population mixing with a indigenous Cushitic population. Even Ethio-Semitic (or Habesha) persons, for the most part, are easily discernable from the Somalis.

main-qimg-efac5368c04ddc4ed40fef08ec2bc6b0-lq

It is my belief that the vast majority of genetic, physical, and cultural affinity the Somalis may have with non-African populations to be the legacy of non-Africans being descendants of a small group of early humans from the Horn of Africa, and not the Eurocentric proposal that it was other way around (this is more in line with Afrocentric thought, which although being equally misguided in general, is right on this one). A very good piece of evidence to further back this up is not just that the first bands of humans leaving Africa crossed from the present day Somali territories and into southern Yemen, but of the most likely place of origin for a major and important language family.

johnsepei5

(Continuing)One of the two biggest contending theories of the place of origin, or Urheimat, of the Afro-Asiatic language family (which includes Arabic, Amharic, Hebrew, Assyrian, Berber, Somali, Aramaic) is that it began in or right next to the Horn of Africa, thereby spreading into Arabia and Northwest Africa, diversifying into the many tongues spoken in these regions.
proto-Afro Asiatic, the language from which Somali, Tamazight (Berber languages), Hausa, Arabic, Coptic (and it's predecessors, Old, Late, and Demotic Egyptian), Amharic, Afar, Hebrew, Assyrian, Aramaic, Phoenician, and many others all sprang from, was most likely spoken in area anywhere from lower present day Ethiopia, to upper present day Red Sea Sudan/Eritrea. The theory, from a genetic standpoint, is through and well grounded. Its evidence is based on how all Afro-Asiatic speaking groups exhibit substantial (and sometimes high) levels of a Y-DNA marker E1b1b.

main-qimg-1ffb1f479dd34a87ec6a0d285e5e0b1c-pjlq

A Y-DNA marker is a genetic marker passed on from father to son in a continuous line, and thus is an excellent way to research and trace ones ancestry back many thousands of years. Men who share a single Y-DNA marker form what is called a "haplogroup". E1b1b most likely originated from a man living in the Horn of Africa. His descendants were most likely the ones behind the rise of the Afro-Asiatic language family, and from their hearth in Northeast Africa, they went north and west and east, spreading the expanse of the Afro-Asiatic languages, later giving rise to the Semitic and Egyptian languages in the Nile Delta/Middle East, and those that spread further west the Berber and Chadic languages. Those that stayed, however, developed into the Cushitic speaking group, and were the ancestors of the Somalis and Afars.
Somalis traditionally do not practice and usually look down upon miscegenation with non-Somalis, especially those they see as being very different from themselves, such as white Europeans, East Asians, Black Africans, and even similar Afro-Asiatic peoples. An important reason for this stems from the fact that Somali society revolves around clans or "paternal lineage groups", and that a Somali is defined as one who belongs to one of the 6 "noble" lineages, who in turn trace descent to the legendary founder, namesake, and patriarch of the Somali clans and nation, Samaale. Hence, as one author wrote, "all Somalis are equally aristocratic, at a high level of nobility", or something to that affect.

Hence, the 6 clans/lineages which encompass the whole of the Somali people function exactly like the cadet houses of European aristocracy, in that 1) all of these 6 "cadet houses" are apart of a single royal house, which we call the "House of Samaale", and 2) the extensive obsession over genealogy, kept alive by the expectation that all Somali children can trace their genealogy to their clan founder, and hence back to Samaale, and 3) a shared and strong sense of equality and strict egalitarianism amongst themselves (the Somalis), hand in hand with a strong dislike and xenophobia of non-Somalis, whom are seen as socially and racially inferior to their class and stock. Similar to how European nobility looked their noses down upon those of the lower and common classes.

Such elitist and xenophobic attitudes of the Somali provided the perfect basis for a sort of early eugenics-esque program practiced by their ancestors that helped them preserve a phenotype that long disappeared, and not be affected by any major population movements that occurred around them, most notably a huge Neolithic-era flooding of Middle Eastern Semitic speakers into the Ethiopian Highlands, and the massive Bantu expansion of the Bantu peoples from the Cameroon and West Africa into all of south, east, and central Africa, both which happened 3k+ years ago, with no observable genetic impact on the Somalis.Oh, and another good piece of evidence are the appearances of early European hunter gatherers, most notably the La Brana specimen, who also had "caucasian" features with dark skin. The appearances of these early Europeans is very similar to that of Horn of Africans and supports the idea that the phenotype of Somalis and other related groups as the original phenotype of mankind, perhaps alongside the phenotype typical of the Khoi-San peoples, wherein it diversified into the range of colors and looks of humanity upon disembarking to and populating the rest of the world.

I don’t believe you, you are saying all the studies done on Somalia and Horn Africans are all wrong then?

Why in the world would we look like Swahilis? We have no Bantu dna in us.

Most Somalis descend from E-V32, which descends from E-V12 and that originated in Northern Africa

1C5CC312-6AC6-4229-AAD2-73E0E4E09C97.png

How do you explain the fact that over a quarter of Somalis have non African maternal haplogroups?

I would love it if we were “the first humans” but it just sounds like a nationalist fantasy with no basis in reality.

johnsepei5

I don’t believe you, you are saying all the studies done on Somalia and Horn Africans are all wrong then?

Why in the world would we look like Swahilis? We have no Bantu dna in us.

Most Somalis descend from E-V32, which descends from E-V12 and that originated in Northern Africa

View attachment 247250
How do you explain the fact that over a quarter of Somalis have non African maternal haplogroups?

I would love it if we were “the first humans” but it just sounds like a nationalist fantasy with no basis in reality.
I never said we look like swahilis I was simply debunking the myth that Somalis are a mix of Bantu and Caucasian because if we were would’ve looked like the rest of the mixed Caucasian/Bantu

I never said we look like swahilis I was simply debunking the myth that Somalis are a mix of Bantu and Caucasian because if we were would’ve looked like the rest of the mixed Caucasian/Bantu
I think people usually say the African is Nilotic or some other East African, not Bantu (they aren’t even native to East Africa).

Somalis, like other cushitic peoples, are a mix of Mota East Africans and Near eastern peoples, that mixed long ago. Those Mota East african were very dark skinned but they were not bantus, proto-bantus were in West Africa. Bantus are even lighter than the african ancestors of somalis.

I always instinctively felt like we are the genetic ancestors to most humans. We don’t have similar features to Caucasians they do and we don’t have the same black skin as Bantu people, they have our skin colour.

i always had these suspicions and the research online disagrees, but I am smart and don’t believe everything I see online so I know deep in my heart I’m right but I won’t say it out loud to people lest they see me as an idiot

I always instinctively felt like we are the genetic ancestors to most humans. We don’t have similar features to Caucasians they do and we don’t have the same black skin as Bantu people, they have our skin colour.

i always had these suspicions and the research online disagrees, but I am smart and don’t believe everything I see online so I know deep in my heart I’m right but I won’t say it out loud to people lest they see me as an idiot
Not at all. Somalis have this look because, as I said, they are a mix of Mota/dinka-like people and eurasians. So when very dark people mix with lighter-complexion people, the color skin will be like those of bantus and west africans. The facial traits of somali are also a mix of both peoples.

Not only somalis, but other cushitic peoples and nubians as well. The Maasai for example are also mixed of nilotic and eurasians. Nubians started as a nilotic-like people as well, and gradually received eurasian dna

Not only somalis, but other cushitic peoples and nubians as well. The Maasai for example are also mixed of nilotic and eurasians. Nubians started as a nilotic-like people as well, and gradually received eurasian dna
Masai are a mix of nilotic and cushite, they didn't mix with eurasians directly.

Cap it’s obvious be the lengthy build, big head, small frame, rather tall, is that we are the Nilotic people who mix with northern Africans bro bro

Somalis = Proto-Nilotic/AEA + Mesolithic Egyptian + Neo/Chalc/BA Levantine + small Arabian and possible Somalian HG ancestry

Som

VIP
We are Nilotic + west Eurasian (mainly from northafrica) Ethiopians and Eritreans are the same but with more west eurasian and more horn African hunter gatherer. Nilotes have narrow features compare to Bantus. If you mix those features you get the horn African look

@john.c.smith your right, the original humans just before the out of Africa migration some 70 thousand years ago, probibally looked like native cushites,as all humans that migrated out of Africa carried haplogroup CT whom they shared with Cushites with a TMRC of of 2-3 thousand year paternal haplogroup or haplogroup CT. Cushites probibally preserved their 70k phenotypes simply because they still inhabited the arid North East Africa. basically all the humans that migrated 70 thousand years ago out of Africa were part of the Cushitic ethnic group which at that time was an ethnicity that was 2-3 thousand year old.

Last edited:
The oldest basal D lineage which is part of DE Y haplogroup has been discovered on the Beb el mandeb on the Yameni side, with a TMRC of around 65 thousand years, when the out of Africa migration happens. This means Cushites lived around the Bab El mandeb 65 thousand years ago, D is the sibling haplogroup of EV32.this 65 thousand year old D haplogroup migrated with the rest of CF carriers some 65 thousand tears ago. They are the Yameni samples at the top https://www.yfull.com/tree/D/

And if Somalis were indeed a mix of "black" Africans (race being a social construct, but you get meaning) and, say, a "caucasian/white" non-African group, would they not then look like the mixed-heritage Swahili peoples that live just south of them?
because the proto-nilotics didn't have negroid features. They had caucasian skulls, 4c hair, and dark skin

Nilotics today have niger-congo and bantu admixture (40%), so thats why they have negroid skulls

Trending