The Somalia blackpill

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Terrible road quality, add to that the roads are extremely narrow and houses have been built on the sides so there’s no expanding the road without invoking imminent domain (and this would cause clan warfare I reckon).:gladbron:

Politics wise we’re a mess. We don’t have a working constitution. Most MPs don’t even live in Somalia, less than half regularly go to the sessions. :russ:

No plumbing at all, xaar and piss is buried into the earth with oil as a lubricant to push it underground.:mjlol:

No drainage system anywhere in the country so 30 minutes of rain can flood an entire town. Observe Xamarweyne after heavy rains in 2020. :kodaksmiley:
90B89E03-52A0-48C2-9E30-D620BF65561A.jpeg

I don’t see the value in Somalia. Compare us to people who had civ war the same time ( Rwanda was after us but eh)

These niggas in Rwanda had genuine genocide not fake bones. Watch Hotel Rwanda with Don Cheadle.

They had genuine slaughter of innocent people, yet they reconciled came together and built an amazing city.
543E8662-5A3C-49CF-9155-7F1D2526DD65.jpeg

Even the Zanzibar insult we throw around, Zanzibar is more developed than anywhere in Somalia fam :wow:
03F710BE-755B-4000-9B51-F1E1FFD9BBB6.jpeg

Let’s collectively give up on Somalia and mass migrate to Tanzania
391512A9-2909-4EBC-92A5-D3F4581F25D0.jpeg

This why we the (diaspora) have forcefully take this Zoo back. Every single region of Somaliweyn sucks.. Djibouti had 40+ years of peace and stability and could've been like the UAE or Singapore but looks worse than Xamar, how is that even possible?

Maybe it's time to import millions of ajinabis & give them Somali citizenship.
They'll challenge us, which may unite us and make us more productive
Why the hell would you do that? Our ancestors died and fought for this land. There are over a 2 million Somalis in the Diaspora combined if we add the Somalis in Kenya that's another 2-3 million and most diaspora Somalia know that Qabil means nothing. We can save it ourselves

Why the hell would you do that? Our ancestors died and fought for this land. There are over a 2 million Somalis in the Diaspora combined if we add the Somalis in Kenya that's another 2-3 million and most diaspora Somalia know that Qabil means nothing. We can save it ourselves
Very true. Sometimes I think our nation is cursed with how much tribulations it goes through and that’s just on the land…in the waters too China and other nations dump their toxic waste on our coast. We are at the bottom in every sense and it’s sad to constantly hear and read negative news about it

Rwanda had a real reconciliation. We still have people with their historical revisionism going back and forth defending their warlords because of qabil.

No accountability what’s so ever. When will we wake up?

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
I doubt his is gonna work. Sure diaspora Somalis can take the helm but how long until qurba-joog get jealous/annoyed that people who were never born in the country are the ones at the forefron of everything?

Just a thought

No plumbing at all, xaar and piss is buried into the earth with oil as a lubricant to push it underground.:mjlol:
:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:

On another note, those same problems you mentioned can be applied to our neighbouring countries as well. Heck, you can still be corrupt while still see development. So, we should NEVER give up on Somalia. Progress are happening, though slow paced, but it's still something. I'd never imagine Somalia to be where we are, a decade ago.

We should focus on one major problem at the time. Currently, stability is the biggest obstacle. Focusing on annihilating AS, and finding a solution to a sustainable governance system (constitution). Part of laying the foundation, includes as @Keep it a boqol 💯 mentioned, reconciliation. To make sure that we never have to resort to violence, to solve our disagreements in the future. As well as heal our wounds, by making sure everyones past (& current) grievances are heard.

Then can something meaningful be done. Otherwise, we are doomed until further notice, by not addressing fundamental issues.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose:

On another note, those same problem you mentioned can be applied to our neighbouring countries as well. Heck, you can still be corrupt while still see development. So, we SHOULD never give up on Somalia. Progress are happening, though small paced, but it's still something. I'd never imagine Somalia to be where we are, a decade ago.

We should focus on one major problem at the time. Currently, stability is the biggest obstacle. Focusing on annihilating AS, and finding a solution to the future governance (continuation). Part of laying the foundation, includes as @Keep it a boqol 💯 is reconciliation. To make sure that we never have to resort to violence, to solve our disagreement. As well as heal our wounds, by making sure everyones past (& current) grievances are heard.

Then can something meaningful be done.
warlords committed atrocities but also defended the lives of their clansmen. no qabiil will give up major warlords.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The whole somali ethnicity should vacate somaliweyn and move into southeast Africa, by force or peacefully

warlords committed atrocities but also defended the lives of their clansmen. no qabiil will give up major warlords.

Waa run. Honestly I don't have an idea of how to go about a step-by-step process of reconciliation, but something of the sort is needed, even if it unfortunately means that no one are held accountable.

Even if it happens, where do we start? We've seen misery for 40+ years. Kacaan regime, rebels, civil war & warlords, terrorists, post-JFS "state" violence, ethiopian invasion, amisom/americans, miltias, inter/intra-clan disputes turing violent, and so forth...

I've hard time seeing justice for everyone. Though, the qabiil aspect of being against a fellow clansmen being accountable must change, one way or another, by creating a reliable legal/judicial system, where everyone is equal. It will require trust first, which the masses lack today.

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Wa run. Honestly I don't have a step-by-step of reconciliation, but something of the sort is needed, even if it unfortunately means that no one are held accountable.

Even if it happens, where do we start? We've seen misery for 40+ years. Kacaan regime, rebels, civil war & warlords, terrorists etc.

I've little time seeing justice for everyone. Though, the qabiil aspect of being against a fellow clansmen being accountable must change, one way or another, through a legal/judicial system, where everyone are equal. It will require trust first.
Baby steps, first thing should be reconciliation of matters regarding the present day. When clans can comfortably work with each other, we can then get justice for crimes committed earlier. Many make the mistake of focusing on the past, which is important but that is a pipedream.

Baby steps, first thing should be reconciliation of matters regarding the present day. When clans can comfortably work with each other, we can then get justice for crimes committed earlier. Many make the mistake of focusing on the past, which is important but that is a pipedream.

Agreed. We barely trust each other (of different clans), so of course if becomes hard to trust a gov't. Most of us, have never seen a functioning gov't of any sort, except the older generation.

Then, we need to build a country together, where the nation comes first and qabyaalad second. Or preferably remove it altogether from politics, and the public space too, even if it's going to take time. It should be frowned upon to speak about it, beyond for "knowledge of familial ties" purposes.

When everyone sees each other equal, as a fellow countrymen despite our diversity, nothing will stand in our way. This is our single greatest issues, causing the stalemate we see today.

Somalis need to hold their local politicians and government accountable.

People will get less interested in clan identity and clan politics if they have good government and institutions that meets their needs.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
Somalia is really hopeless. Too much qabyaalad and corruption to even see a single development made by the gov

Frustrated Kill Me GIF