The Somali region (Kilil 5) has been shrinking for 30 years

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Red is what the central gov recognizes as Somali, blue is Oromia, green middle area is land the Somali region claims since 1992 but that is governed by mostly by Oromia, and a little by the Afar kilil.

I don't think anyone has put these maps together and realized how much land is lost or contested. It is a lot of land, more than 40,000 sq km.

Attachments

• decline Somali Region 30 years.png
    decline Somali Region 30 years.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,811

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You’re right, amhara are stealing my mothers house as we speak. They’re like squatters. Theh be claiminf random houses owned by somalia and they demolish it. Wallahi it’s a struggle back home, and our 68 IQ + Sufiness ain’t helping 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think DDS actually gained Gadh-dheere land near Balle and Kiinya but they lost Dir territories in easternHararga because of confused ethnic identity up there

Last edited:

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
You’re right, amhara are stealing my mothers house as we speak. They’re like squatters. Theh be claiminf random houses owned by somalia and they demolish it. Wallahi it’s a struggle back home, and our 68 IQ + Sufiness ain’t helping 🤦🏽‍♀️
which city?.

It's mostly somali clans that are choosing to join oromo killil because they dont want to come under the somali one. Like the jarsoor, gurgura, karanle clans.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Now they got oromized, cuqdad destroyed them.

They ran to Oromo to avoid Absame and ended up having their land taken away and being told to speak Afaan Oromo. The Karanle and Gugundhabe have lost their districts, Meymulka and Babile are more than 90% outside of Somali control.

Keep in mind these people are not pastoralists but farmers who had maybe 1 or 2 cows for daily milking. Once they are made refugees, they are completely destitute.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
what is causing this? are Oromos still migrating and penetrating into somali lands?

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
They ran to Oromo to avoid Absame and ended up having their land taken away and being told to speak Afaan Oromo. The Karanle and Gugundhabe have lost their districts, Meymulka and Babile are more than 90% outside of Somali control.

Keep in mind these people are not pastoralists but farmers who had maybe 1 or 2 cows for daily milking. Once they are made refugees, they are completely destitute.
Which clans have held there ground against the oromos? Which clans are also on the front lines?

Trending