The sad truth behind Trump’s “shithole countries” comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
There is mass anger and hysteria around the world regarding Trump’s “shithole” comments. While it sounds ugly, there is an unfortunate truth behind those comments.

Ask yourself for a second why your family came to the UK, US, Canada or Scandinavia instead of Haiti, South Africa or Sierra Leone. The answer to that question proves Trump’s point. You didn’t immigrate to Haiti because it’s a shithole country. There is mass, human-caused poverty, crime is rampant and corruption is mainstream. Haitians’ actions cause Haiti to be a shithole. Of course, the normal reaction is to feel sorry for people who are suffering but you should always address the root cause of their suffering.

Sure, Trump probably wasn’t doing constructive criticism but someone with the largest megaphone finally said something that was so badly lacking. Instead of freaking out, try to answer Trump’s question. “Why are we taking all of these people from shithole countries?” And then answer the question “why are these countries shitholes to begin with? This man may have started a conversation that ultimately leads to improvements in people’s lives.

08AE41FD-C6D0-4FDD-880E-CB5CC4C5B3F5.jpeg
FBB2B8AC-2F00-4847-ADAD-51412D3235D6.jpeg
EEC56BEB-B28B-4C9D-9C3C-6FB019F86E0F.jpeg

Discuss without freaking out.

Last edited:
Yes, Africa's poor but that doesn't change the fact that he's a manchild that lacks any class.

And how is this controversy going to help anything anyway? We'll all forget this in a month when Trump one-ups this with some other bullshit.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
Yes, Africa's poor but that doesn't change the fact that he's a manchild that lacks any class.

How is this controversy going to help anything anyway? We'll all forget this in a month when Trump one-ups this with some other bullshit.
A small fraction of people are asking why these countries are worse off. That opens the door to people who will focus on the root cause of the “shitholeness” and ultimately address it. Obviously the vast majority of people are crying “racism” and deflecting attention from real problems. No amount of condemnation of Trump will change the reality on the ground in Haiti or Uganda.

Manchild that lacks class? He is doing a service for the world even if he doesn’t realize it. Obama wouldn’t have said this and no one would be discussing what he said.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I have noticed that trump can say the most racist, most insane indefensible comment that draws immediate condemnation globally even amongst hardcore conservatives but there are handful of so called Somalis on this site that will come to his defense.

I find it strange, and it’s also the same cabal who idolize white supremacist to the point they use their terms, memes, racial slurs against people that look like them. Not to mention big Islamaphobes.

Maybe it’s some sort of a troll game that I am unable to understand but we must do better cus imitating a group that hates your very existence is illogical. Please be decent human beings and stop going against the grain to be seen different or get acceptance. :)

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
I have noticed that trump can say the most racist, most insane indefensible comment that draws immediate condemnation globally even amongst hardcore conservatives but there are handful of so called Somalis on this site that will come to his defense.

I find it strange, and it’s also the same cabal who idolize white supremacist to the point they use their terms, memes, racial slurs against people that look like them. Not to mention big Islamaphobes.

Maybe it’s some sort of a troll game that I am unable to understand but we must do better cus imitating a group that hates your very existence is illogical. Please be decent human beings and stop going against the grain to be seen different or get acceptance. :)
There’s nothing insane about his comments. Those comments are grounded in truth as I have demonstrated. The fact that a lot of people criticize him doesn’t mean he is wrong. And there are no so-called Somalis. There are just Somalis that don’t share your lovey dovey world view.

Idealize white supremacists? What?! :damn:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Hey @Etacovda S'lived

Thanks for the reply sxb but I was bit frustrated because I have been going back and forth with racist all day and I came to somalispot for a break and was greeted by this topic. I apologize if I came across as a bit disgruntled. :)

Sxb we should never refer to struggling countries as sh!tholes, people did not chose to be born in to poverty or in the middle of a civil war. That’s basic common decency and most of us immigrated to America just like Trumps grandfather did, for a better life for my kids and myself. To choose one immigrant over another because of their racial background is unacceptable and unconstitutional.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
They are shitholes lets be frank on honest. I wouldnt want my country flooded with spics, who do nothing but leech the system.

Kick them out and build your own countries maybe then you will be respected. But aslong as you grovel at the feet of white man dont expect him to look out for your interest

In b4 your a hypocrite, Im in Somalia

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Didn't you achieve nothing while you were in the west, so you went to Somalia?
I mean you're not a hypocrite for saying this, but damn is it pathetic-sounding :bell:

Thata the difference between me and you I know my true home

Bro im going back soon but only too work my ass off and go back to my country. I know im a guest...

GUUL SOMALIA

They are shitholes lets be frank on honest. I wouldnt want my country flooded with spics, who do nothing but leech the system.
Those people do the jobs the white man is proud too proud to undertake . Also , Norwegians do not want to do . Trump might as well invite some Eastern Europeans over , but then the racists will complain about them too .

# Make America Hispanic again .

The hilarious thing is that these countries are shitholes because of American Imperiliasim.Africa was utterly destroyed because of foreign proxy wars funded by the US.The US funded dictators throughout Africa who stole the resources of Africans and kept them in the measly state of "ShitHoleness".Haiti similiarly revolted in the later 18 century to free themselves from French Imperialism, Unsuprisingly the US supported the French mainly due to their love of slavery and didn't recognise the country until after the American civil war.Through international politics the US,France and Germany enticed them into economic slavery, the result was debt for Haiti throughout the 20th century.The US invaded Haiti in 1994 under the term of "democracy" and simply caused further turmoil throughout te country.

People need to look beyond face value, the US has forced countries to become shitholes only to turn around to call them shitholes.

Yes, Africa is not as well established as Europe but that's more to do with it's governing and leaders who aren't doing anything to make the countries ameliorate. The people respond to it's environment and if the country is poor and undeveloped, naturally people will take to crime or flew the country. You can't fight poverty if the leaders of the countries choose not to do anything about it. Therefore Africa stays in the continuous states of deficient. The good news is that Africa has the most resources in the world and could become the most pronounced continent but again because of the continuous lack of initiative and greed causes Africa to become a "$hith0le"

Odeg

Gedo
I can see why this caused anger since it was leaked out but this what the most leaders in any country in the world think about african countries and no amount of emotions or anger will change the fact that most african countries are shitholes. If we directed that energy and emotions towards improving and getting rid of the out of control corruption maybe things will change in the future.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
Hey @Etacovda S'lived

Thanks for the reply sxb but I was bit frustrated because I have been going back and forth with racist all day and I came to somalispot for a break and was greeted by this topic. I apologize if I came across as a bit disgruntled. :)

Sxb we should never refer to struggling countries as sh!tholes, people did not chose to be born in to poverty or in the middle of a civil war. That’s basic common decency and most of us immigrated to America just like Trumps grandfather did, for a better life for my kids and myself. To choose one immigrant over another because of their racial background is unacceptable and unconstitutional.
Sure a generation of people don't choose to be born into poverty but they do have a choice to do something about it so the next generation is not born into poverty. They don't do something because of general ineptitude, greed, corruption and deficiency in intelligence and common sense. Sxb you cannot keep deflecting and shifting blame. People that live in a country are responsible for that country. Period.

Sure a generation of people don't choose to be born into poverty but they do have a choice to do something about it so the next generation is not born into poverty. They don't do something because of general ineptitude, greed, corruption and deficiency in intelligence and common sense. Sxb you cannot keep deflecting and shifting blame. People that live in a country are responsible for that country. Period.

But what can be realistically done? Not like someone can flick the switch that makes everyone move back to Somalia, help overthrow the governments and terrorists, and improve things for the people there. And that's not even talking about outside influences.

I'm not trying to be antagonising. I just legit don't get your attitude. You're only one person with one life, and I don't see much point in wallowing in self-hate when you know you can't do anything about it.

But I guess that's just me nothing thinking with a nationalistic attitude.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
But what can be realistically done? Not like someone can flick the switch that makes everyone move back to Somalia, help overthrow the governments and terrorists, and improve things for the people there. And that's not even talking about outside influences.

I'm not trying to be antagonising. I just legit don't get your attitude. You're only one person with one life, and I don't see much point in wallowing in self-hate when you know you can't do anything about it.

But I guess that's just me nothing thinking with a nationalistic attitude.
You don't need a switch that makes people move back to Somalia. There are millions of Somalis already there. There is a political establishment in Somalia and like other African countries, just can't happen to get things right. Everyone is in it for the money. African politicians cause Africa's misery. There were politicians before them that were also corrupt and power hungry and there will come politicians who will continue this vicious cycle. There's nothing one person in the diaspora can do but there is something politicians and grassroots people can do. I think Farmajo is headed in that direction. He's the only hope Somalia has ever had in it's history. You need innovators and intelligent people that are elevated into high positions.

There is not mass anger. Everybody knows that negros and hispanics are the Turd World. It's just the fake news media that is feigning anger, the same journalists who live in all white suburbs and send their kids to private school. Even they don't believe their own nonsense.

And it's not sad. Violent and corrupt people deserve violent and corrupt societies. You reap what you sow. Trump said what every president has said behind closed doors, except that he's got a particularly leaky White House. It's not like he said it in public. He's too much of a gent for that. I'm happy to defend the prez - he's the most honest dude in Capitol Hill, but he needs to build that fuckin' wall or lose his base. Nobody wants toilet cloggers invading their country. The orange executive has to take action.

The hilarious thing is that these countries are shitholes because of American Imperiliasim.Africa was utterly destroyed because of foreign proxy wars funded by the US.The US funded dictators throughout Africa who stole the resources of Africans and kept them in the measly state of "ShitHoleness".Haiti similiarly revolted in the later 18 century to free themselves from French Imperialism, Unsuprisingly the US supported the French mainly due to their love of slavery and didn't recognise the country until after the American civil war.Through international politics the US,France and Germany enticed them into economic slavery, the result was debt for Haiti throughout the 20th century.The US invaded Haiti in 1994 under the term of "democracy" and simply caused further turmoil throughout te country.

People need to look beyond face value, the US has forced countries to become shitholes only to turn around to call them shitholes.
This is ahistorical. African warlords were raping Africa long before the white man came. Arab slave traders were raping them before that. It was the British who abolished the slave trade, who gave them science and medicine and roads and railways and schools and democratic institutions. They chose to rip it up and go hack to tribal warfare. It was not imperialism that destroyed Somalia's nine year democracy. It was Siyad Barre. Blaming others for your own incompetence and greed will get you nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts