The Ruins of Bandar Ziyada & Bandar Qasim

Bandar Qasim ( Bosaso), known as Mosylon by the ancient Greeks, is a strategically located port city in the Bari region of Puntland. The Periplus of the Erythraean Sea indicates that ancient Greek merchants sailed to Bandar Qasim, providing notes about the strategic and geographical location.

Located just outside of Bandar Qasim, Bandar Ziyada (Qaw) is an ancient town that was active in the Horn of Africa’s ancient trade system. The town was destroyed by the British colonialists when colonial rule divided the Somali territory into five parts since it lay on the borderline between British Somaliland and Italian Somaliland.

tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po3_500.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po4_250.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po7_250.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po6_250.jpg

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Bandar Qasim ( Bosaso), known as Mosylon by the ancient Greeks, is a strategically located port city in the Bari region of Puntland. The Periplus of the Erythraean Sea indicates that ancient Greek merchants sailed to Bandar Qasim, providing notes about the strategic and geographical location.

Located just outside of Bandar Qasim, Bandar Ziyada (Qaw) is an ancient town that was active in the Horn of Africa’s ancient trade system. The town was destroyed by the British colonialists when colonial rule divided the Somali territory into five parts since it lay on the borderline between British Somaliland and Italian Somaliland.

tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po3_500.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po4_250.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po7_250.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po6_250.jpg
Too bad that this important ancient town have been destroyed by the colonialists. These pictures are very interesting would love to see more.

Trending