The Real Arawelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Aside from the myths and fairy tales, she was a real queen that ruled most of the horn of africa, I know alot of Somalis were told bed time stories about this figure but in Harar, she is documented as a queen and we dont talk about her in a fictional sense.

Her name was Qamar, nicknamed Gufta, Ethiopians call her Gudit/Yodit, and claim she was a non christian ruler, modern historians have tried to tie her in as a falasha jew but others such as cerulli have made note of a muslim ruler by the name of badit daughter of maya to have existed at the time.

Qamar was the daughter of king maya. she belonged to the Harla tribe now extinct. She was hated by her fellow citizens because of her lust for never ending war against the habesha tribes. She was responsible for the destruction of the Axum empire and it may have led to the Geez language diminishing.

Sources that mention Arawelo and her Harla ties, written by Zaila district commisoner
http://web.archive.org/web/20010627221704/http://www.anaserve.com/~mbali/letter20.htm

Source from Cambridge History of Africa. Badit mentioned as Queen,
https://books.google.ca/books?id=GW...AA#v=onepage&q=badit daughter of maya&f=false

The island of Zway plays an important role in the futuh al habasha book during the invasion of imam ahmed, and it seems also to be true during arawelo/Qamar's reign. The priest claims that the ark of the covenant was taken from axum to the south and put on this island. the linguistic ties of the inhabitants called the zay people with harar shows that harla would conquer those lands, this hints at the etymology behind zayla.

source from Brill
https://books.google.ca/books?id=df...iLAP0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=gudit axum&f=false

*ill start a thread on Harla people next.

Queen.jpg

so...haraaris and ethiopians are trying to claim arawelo? :mjlol:

i want to know more about the harla people and the origins of the haraari people. are there a lot of extinct cuchitic tribes?

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
kkkkkk lol@ Arrawello as Gudit the Jewish queen.

My friend you need to learn history. The article about Arrawello begin Gudit was written by idiot, on a Somali website, Sahanpost. And idiots ran away with it.

Firstly theirs actually no historical evidence of Arrawello but through oral history. Nonetheless, the oral stories suggest a time before Islam.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi

i want to know more about the harla people and the origins of the haraari people. are there a lot of extinct cuchitic tribes?
Harla and Harari are Ethio Semites like Habesha

Young Popeye

Call me pops

Yep back then, no borders. Harar and ogaden were connected to lands in Somalia:drakekidding: Lots of tribes went extinct and live by name only within oromo or somali clans. I'll ping you when I post about Harla

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Harla and Harari are Ethio Semites like Habesha

Harla were Hamitic but the Semitic Harari had large lands before Adal defeat by Abyssinians, therefore you will find sources claiming Harla-Harari as semitic. We cant say Harari/Harla are the same but they are the closest links

RudeBoi

Harla were Hamitic but the Semitic Harari had large lands before Adal defeat by Abyssinians, therefore you will find sources claiming Harla-Harari as semitic.
They were Ethio-Semites.They have been conquered by the Cushtic Somalis juts like Oromos have done with you! Your Habesha cousins are next :hahaidiot:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
They were Ethio-Semites.They have been conquered by the Cushtic Somalis juts like Oromos have done with you! Your Habesha cousins are next :hahaidiot:

Who said they were semite? do you have a source? Somalis were allies of Harla because they wanted to make the region muslim. It was a combination of military defeat by the habesha and drought that led to their assimilation into Oromo and Somali. Are you happy that Habesha controls ogaden now?

RudeBoi

Who said they were semite? do you have a source? Somalis were allies of Harla because they wanted to make the region muslim. It was a combination of military defeat by the habesha and drought that led to their assimilation into Oromo and Somali. Are you happy that Habesha controls ogaden now?
What's the Ogaden???? There is no region with that name

i actually knew that they (harla) fought alongside somalis, but didn't know hararis were their descendants. do they consider themselves semites, somali or habashi?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I always thought Xarla were brothers of Geri and Harti, along with Jiraan known as Afarta Koombe.

What is this BS about them being Xabash?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
i actually knew that they (harla) fought alongside somalis, but didn't know hararis were their descendants. do they consider themselves semites, somali or habashi?

Most claim Arab as Hararis are basically the Arabized Harla hence the ter Har-ar, Although they wanted to join Somalia, this failed. First prior to Somalia's independence, when they allied with the Somali Youth League and a second time during the Ogaden war. The term Habashi now being synonymous with the modern state of Ethiopia, some might claim that too, especially those who dont know the history of their people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending