The Platform (2020)

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
This movie perfectly encapsulates everything I want to experience when I sit down to watch a film. Thoughtful premise, well rounded human characters, and intriguing questions left up to the viewer to resolve on their own.

Basic premise:

In the future, prisoners housed in vertical cells watch as inmates in the upper cells are fed while those below starve.

Trailer:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:wow1:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Thanks for the recommendation sxb. Really looking forward to watching a Netflix movie over the Quarantine. Love the concept, will watch it. Hopefully the protagonist isn't a goodie two-shoes who tries to help those in the lowe platforms and just ruins everything for himself.

- Boqorkaaga

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
It's said to be the best horror film of 2020. Imma watch it tonight without expecting too much from the movie and I'll avoid to view the trailer. I always end up disappointed when I expect too much from a movie

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Everybody who got disappointed in the movie or didn't understand it. Needs to evaluate their life choices, how could you be so dense to not understand the underlying topic of the movie.

@Figo @Hybrid()
I mean I understood it but the ending was shit for my liking. :manny:

What did you think of it?

Btw I didn’t like what the lady did to brother Baharat.
:damn::jcoleno:

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
I just finished watching it. they wouldn't show us when people were getting killed plus, the movie didn't make sense to me. I'm disappointed as usual.
I mean I understood it but the ending was shit for my liking. :manny:

What did you think of it?

Btw I didn’t like what the lady did to brother Baharat.
:damn::jcoleno:

The reason I liked it is because it put me in a place of mind to think of the kind of person I'd be if I was struck in a place like that.
This helps me gain certain insights about myself which I can ponder on to see how those insights are reflected in the life I now live.

Furthermore, I love visualizing myself being part of the movie.

I used to watch movies, read books, and go about life looking for deep meaning in things. But even when I found these deep meanings, I was still unsatisfied with the answers I got. Dissasociate yourselves of wanting to experience some true enlightening stuff, and let the experience of the moment guide you. Put yourself in the characters shoes and visualize their experience in your mind. It's just more fun this way.

The deep meaning in the movie is a narrative on how our society functions. The inherent selfish nature of humans where if push comes to shove, it is everyman for himself, etc, etc, etc. No more, no less. Frankly this is boring as f*ck for me. How exactly does that help me, or let me experience what I want to experience? It doesn't, because the frame of mind I have is one where I'm seeking something, rather than just experiencing for experiencing's sake. It's the ownership of my thoughts and emotions in regards to how I experience the movie that is the distinction between enjoying it or thinking it was a bust. Also fair play, there are many movies I despise because of the slow humdrum way they go about telling their story, and if you don't enjoy something, you just don't enjoy it.

I think the girl was a metaphor for something else. Maybe that the youth brings hope and they can be the ones who change things.
Also i think them sending the girl up tied into the critique of capitalist systems and showed children suffer most hence why she was on the last floor.

I still think that she wasnt real and he needed hope to continue on so he created her in his mind to not feel like his mission was meaningless.

Trending

Latest posts