The Oromo tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have seen it, the flag of the future Republic of Oromia:
et-olf.gif

The Odaa tree, represents oromo people.Odaa is an oromo word which means Sycamore.

• ” Sycamore tree is the center of religion for Oromo society. Besides it is a historical document that helps to recollect sociopolitical aspects of the past generation” Asafa Jalata as described it in his book.
Some written records about Oromo history give a clue that ‘Odaa’ has been serving as a pillar of all the affair of the Oromos. “Before the birth of Christ, it was there!” Asafa affirms. Sycamore tree is an ever green tree with too much branches. It covers a wide area. Naturally it grows at wet and fertile areas.

In the history of Oromo people or since the beginning of Gadaa institution, when a general assembly is organized for sociopolitical and religious purpose tree.

So, ‘Odaa tree’ is traditionally believed as the source of tranquility. The Oda shades serves as both central offices of government where Gadaa assemblies are held and where leaders assemble. It as well serves as a sacred place for ritual practices. In the Oromo culture sycamore tree is regarded as the source of peace, an emblem and oneness of the Oromo society, Asafa stated.

According to the diction of another scholar ”Oromo religion is mostly related to the ten commandments of the creator .Oromos give worship to one God. All their religious activities are carried out at places where big trees are found” Haberland German citizen researcher of culture.
  • “ The religious system of all Cush tribes are similar. Specially the Oromos regard sycamore tree as an abode of natural spirites. ‘Ayyaana’ is the place where spirit of God is located and heard,” Trimingham (writer).
180973_182440335125146_100000775425583_358415_2247359_n11.jpg

Long live the Republic of Oromia!

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
Are Oromos related to us? They look quite similar to them.
oromo-protest.jpg

They are gorgeous people wallah. Such diversity in looks.

Stay in xamar, we will free you from terrorism and help you gain independence from the AU once we finish in Ethiopia

True, but the ones I met consider themselves habesha or just say their Ethiopian straight up.

Oromo women are beautiful mashallah :ahh:

Well they are ethiopian:ayaanswag:

I think some of the people on this forum do not understand the difference between ethnicity and nationality, nearly all oromos are Ethiopian, the rest are Kenyan. They hate the Ethiopian gov but they have lands and history in what is internationally known as Ethiopia.

Gambar

VIP
Oromia is likely going to be the main reason why Ethiopia will collapse, the sooner the better so Ogaden will be united with Somaliland.

They are east cushites, we share a lot of similar vocab and all
Yaa? :what1:

War Somaliland ha burburto baan ku leeyahay ninyahow.

Sometimes I as a Diriya Samaale consider myself Habesha too it just comes with The Ethiopianism installed in me and which I was born with

Yaa? :what1:

War Somaliland ha burburto baan ku leeyahay ninyahow.

Ogaden do not have a port, besides we need to reunite the historical isaaq lands stolen by the Ethiopians

Sometimes I as a Diriya Samaale consider myself Habesha too it just comes with The Ethiopianism installed in me and which I was born with
Oromo women are underrated and much hotter than Somalian women

This user has spent 13 days doing the utterly despicable. Please stop, this is SOMALIspot do not slander our beautiful Somali ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.