The new netflix troy series,black achillis

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think about it,i am not racist but why not make it authentic why a black achillis

Love this type of movies/series like vikings

I think the black achilies adds dimension to the story and hes a great actor!! You can see the raw emotion expecially when hes out to get hector.

I think the black achilies adds dimension to the story and hes a great actor!! You can see the raw emotion expecially when hes out to get hector.
i am sure he is but you are going to watch a story about ancient greek,if the same was done to the black community they would riot.
i love it when the series or movies are authentic like vikings.there are alot of good african stories they can do series about them,look what happened with black panther it was good right

i am sure he is but you are going to watch a story about ancient greek,if the same was done to the black community they would riot.
i love it when the series or movies are authentic like vikings.there are alot of good african stories they can do series about them,look what happened with black panther it was good right

True but diversity tends to reach a larger audience lool and in this case I think it won. They chose the best person who could retell the story regardless of skin color. Most of the acting was cringe but i truly enjoyed Achilles! Good acting brings veiwers in but thats my opinion.

Other than the authentic issue how did you find the series?

True but diversity tends to reach a larger audience lool and in this case I think it won. They chose the best person who could retell the story regardless of skin color. Most of the acting was cringe but i truly enjoyed Achilles! Good acting brings veiwers in but thats my opinion.

Other than the authentic issue how did you find the series?
i love ancient greek stories\i didnt start watching it,only saw the trailer but ill try to watch.the whole black achillis thing turned me off.but you seem to know the actor and you say he is good so ill watch it

i am not from the west but the western diversity thing is annoying sometimes.i love chinese and japanese and korean because i get to see authentic movies and their culture.it would have been better with a greek look alike,but i dont know the actor and you convinced me

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
what do you guys think about it,i am not racist but why not make it authentic why a black achillis

>black achillis?
we-7deab3f7a0a7e5a6556139dca37954f485c2d3f6ac504fb07e10f7638e79c8f0.jpg

i love ancient greek stories\i didnt start watching it,only saw the series but ill try to watch.the whole black achillis thing turn me off.but you seem to know the actor and you say he is good so ill watch it

i am nt from the west but the western diversity thing is annoying sometimes.i love chinese and japanese and korean because i get to see authenthic movies and their culture.it would have been better with a greek look alike,but i dont know the actor and you convinced me

Sxb they made zeus black and your talking about achilies loooool! Give it a try who knows you might like it but I get what you mean using someone greek wouldve made the story more real

Netflix isn't trying to be "politically correct".

Memnon was an Ethiopian king and son of Tithonus and Eos. As a warrior he was considered to be almost Achilles' equal in skill. During the Trojan War, he brought an army to Troy's defense and had killed Antilochus during a fierce battle. The death of Memnon echoes that of Hector, another defender of Troy whom Achilles also killed out of revenge for a fallen comrade, Patroclus.

After Memnon's death, Zeus was moved by Eos' tears and granted him immortality. Memnon's death is related at length in the lost epic Aethiopis, composed after The Iliad circa the 7th century BCE. Quintus of Smyrna records Memnon's death in Posthomerica. His death is also described in Philostratus' Imagines.

Status
Not open for further replies.