the more i learn about Siyad Barre, the more i

Status
Not open for further replies.
am realizing he was actually a great leader.
moved over 120,000 nomads to fertile areas and fishing
stopped sand dunes from destroying good lands
stopped extreme islam from reaching somalia
went into ethiopia and captured the whole somali region
promoted culture
made somalia self-sufficiant in areas allowing for export
connect the country through roads
he had his faults too but..

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Siad Barre was a monster. It's like saying, "H!t1er was evil but at least he unified Germany and tried to expand", or "he made Germany one of the world's superpowers"...:susp:

Dictators like them deserve to go to hell!:westbrookwtf:

Siad Barre was a monster. It's like saying, "H!t1er was evil but at least he unified Germany and tried to expand", or "he made Germany one of the world's superpowers"...:susp:

Dictators like them deserve to go to hell!:westbrookwtf:
giphy.gif

He was like our Saddam Hussein, committed horrible atrocities on those that opposed him but overall great leader who cared about the progress of his country and kept the destructive elements at bay

Even hitter was great. Just look at what he did for post ww1 Germany. He brought it out of the ashes and made it great enough to nearly win the next great war. Outstanding tactics and technology. They had a space program, nuclear program, ballistic missile program, fighter jet programs. Amazing stuff.

Don't listen to these idiots saxib, they will never acknowledge the good with the bad. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to portray Barre as being hitler like. I am pointing out how they will never acknowledge the good. Even when they benefited from it a lot.

Barre was a great man, without a doubt. He loved his people, his only drawback was his love for power.

Some would even argue that the bad.stuff that happened in the late 80s wasn't his fault. Rather they came from his inner circle. They believe he wasn't the same after his car accident.

He did some good and some bad like most leaders. A lot of us are so (negatively) fixated on Siyaad Barre (AUN) and his presidency that we forget to look towards the future. Lets learn from the past- every aspect of it whether good or bad but still move forward. Fighting each other based on the past has gotten us nowhere. Nor has hating on whole qabiils based on the actions of a few...

Gambar

VIP
are you seeing a pattern:cosbyhmm: what is it?

other qabils started fucking shit up
Nobody fucked shit up, he was killing and terrorizing his own people in an attempt to keep absolute power. He's the reason Somali people are so corrupt and have no morals they'll steal from their own people.

Gambar

VIP
Even hitter was great. Just look at what he did for post ww1 Germany. He brought it out of the ashes and made it great enough to nearly win the next great war. Outstanding tactics and technology. They had a space program, nuclear program, ballistic missile program, fighter jet programs. Amazing stuff.

Don't listen to these idiots saxib, they will never acknowledge the good with the bad. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to portray Barre as being hitler like. I am pointing out how they will never acknowledge the good. Even when they benefited from it a lot.

Barre was a great man, without a doubt. He loved his people, his only drawback was his love for power.

Some would even argue that the bad.stuff that happened in the late 80s wasn't his fault. Rather they came from his inner circle. They believe he wasn't the same after his car accident.
So before the accident he wasn't killing people! He was an old demented man who was a murderer. Naga tag. From the time he took power to the time he ran away, he was behind all of the clan nepotism and grievances to this day. He exploited his own people and Somalia was almost entirely reliant on aid.

I forgot to mention. These people try to attribute the whole civil to Barre because they are trying to cover for the short comings of their clan. There is no other reason why somebody would be so intellectually dishonest.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
It's sad he had to ruin it. I would have been an Ambassador to some country in Asia or something if he didn't f*ck up and attack innocents. The nigga never done jack shit for Gedo or Laascaanood and we lost it all. :kodaksmiley:

Gambar

VIP
I forgot to mention. These people try to attribute the whole civil to Barre because they are trying to cover for the short comings of their clan. There is no other reason why somebody would be so intellectually dishonest.
Laillaha illalahu muhammadan rasulullah war isla yaab :faysalwtf:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Can you imagine if the USC didn't go through internal rifts, they defeated Mareexan and Leelkaise in Gaalkacyo and conquered PL? We would have went through genocide.

Alhamdulilah for the civil war, it was a blessing in disguise.

Nobody fucked shit up, he was killing and terrorizing his own people in an attempt to keep absolute power. He's the reason Somali people are so corrupt and have no morals they'll steal from their own people.
That's not true. Somali's have been stealing for centuries. Lol. Its an old Somali practice to steal livestock such as camels from others. Some even practised bride kidnapping. Somali's have been fcked up with or without him, walahi.

You may hate the man and you have every right to, but don't lie about him.
Another thing, why is no one blaming the warlords who helped to ruin the country? Or the idiots who wrecked the capital city? We did this to ourselves. Somali's resent any kind of central leadership, they'll even turn/hate on a good man. Look at the Dahir Calasow's of the world.

Can you imagine if the USC didn't go through internal rifts, they defeated Mareexan and Leelkaise in Gaalkacyo and conquered PL? We would have went through genocide.

Alhamdulilah for the civil war, it was a blessing in disguise.

They didn't conquer PL, they captured Gaalkacyo when they came unprovoked to massacred civillians.

They did an entire sweep in the South though, they took the whole Jubbaland. Fortunately they started fighting amongst themselves almost immediately after their victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending