The Magic Treehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

syntax

I was rummaging through my basement looking for some power tools to fix my lawn mower and stumbled across my old Magic treehouse collection. These books were simply amazing. They sparked my passion for reading back when i was younger. The amount of detail and historical references was so cool, especially considering it was meant for kids. One of the best book series I ever read man. Did anyone else read them? If i ever have kids I'm definitely going to read it with them every night after we watch dragon ball z. That's going to be our nightly ritual inshallah. I miss those books man. Morgan Le Fay/Jack/Annie damn :mjkkk:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IntensiveCareUnit

did you ...

did you just ...

did you seriously just create a thread about ...

i..

:stressed:

S

syntax

They were such good books. I miss the old days going to the library to get all my new books after I'd finish my pack of books. Goosebumps, Hardy Boys, Magic Treehouse, Pendragon, Lemony Snickets A series of unfortunate events, Artemis Fowl (my fav on this list), Narnia,and His Dark Materials used to be my favourite books/series from grades 2-7.

I

IntensiveCareUnit

oh i loved lemony snicket's humor. his dark materials was a cool concept, but it had too many christian ideology undertones that i was clueless to when i used to read em :uCkf6mf: same with narnia smdh

S

syntax

@IntensiveCareUnit You know what f*ck it. I guess I know what I'm going to be doing with my lunch,breaks, and downtime at work now. It's been a decade since I've read these. I'll have a whole new perspective reading them again at 22 vs when I was 10-11

HdRk2tk.png

I

IntensiveCareUnit

lol it's all about ebooks now. don't bother buying physical copies!

S

syntax

I prefer the actual hardcopy. Idk something about e-books rubs me the wrong way. I also collect my books, that's another reason why I get the actual hard copy. Do you use a kindle or something?

S

syntax

Gotta love amazon, got my box set less than 24 hours after i ordered :banderas:

GP4BY0x.jpg

Gotta love amazon, got my box set less than 24 hours after i ordered :banderas:

GP4BY0x.jpg

A. Yusuf (it was there in the pic you posted, sorry. lol), what genre are the books you've ordered? Sci-fi? I can't remember the last time I read an actual book. I have two Amazon Kindle e-book readers: an old, first generation one I bought almost 5 years ago and the touch-screen, Kindle Paperwhire 6" that I bought last year. I have couple of thousand books in them and I prefer them over good old books. Specially the last one is amazing. It's fast, sleek and the whole reading, touch, feeling and turning pages on it is like reading a real book but even better.

One feature of it that I like the most is that it is backlit and reading a book on the bed has been my favorite hobby in the last couple of years. You don't have to worry about getting up to switch other lights on or off when you finish reading. Also, it has 4GB capacity so you can put thousands of books in the device. One recharge of the battery lasts for many weeks of intense reading. I bloody love Kindle e-book readers.

S

syntax

@SomaliSpotter These are uhm fantasy? It's a really popular trilogy that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. You've probably heard of one of the books, Golden Compass, since it was made into a (rather shitty) movie.

@syntax, I am addicted more to crime/detective/thriller kinda books. I have recently finished reading Lee Child's latest book in his 'Jack Reacher' series, Make Me. I've downloaded the first 15 books in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly ages ago and I am finishing the first book, The Black Echo, now. I am already hooked. I might put reading the second one off for awhile and go back to read Robert Galbraith's (J. K. Rowling) newest Cormoran Strike series, Career of Evil. I never read any of her Harry Potter books but I liked the first books of this series, The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm. I also downloaded the first two books of a detective series by Stephen King, Mr Mercedes & Finders Keepers. I might read them before I go back to the Harry Bosch series.

That is my book world, bruh. It's either those types of detective/crime/thriller books or good old classic novels that keep me interested and motivated to read. I read and enjoyed a bunch of classical books by Charles Dickens, Dostoevsky, Hemingway, Orwell, Fitzgerald, H. G. Wells etc and some other single books by great classical authors. If I am not reading modern books of the genres I've mentioned above, then it's anything from early 20's century or older that captivate my imagination and interest. Most of the modern stuff somehow bores me to death and I find myself stopping a book before I finish the first chapter/10 % of reading and starting another one.

I tried to read Sci-fi books (since they are a big deal these day) and since I am fascinated by the works of past/older authors I started with Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. I actually finished the first book and started the second one but somehow lost interest. I couldn't relate, maybe I am from the dinosaur era. lol

Sci fi and medival fantasy are my favorite genres.

This thread relived my past memories of my childhood years continuously reading novels/manga and living in libraries where I knew the librarians on a first name basis.

Wayside School is falling down
Harry potter series
Captain underpants
magic treehouse
Clifford big red dog
Bearstain Bears
Pendragon
The lord of the rings
Magic schoolbus
Dr Seuss
Holes
To Kill the mockingbird

And others I've forgotten. Once I've started reading a book, I can't drop it or sleep. It even got to the point of my Literature teacher nagging me to put down the book in her class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending