The latest Somali 'Beauty' craze; people are paying to get brown/red teeth!

Some regions in Somalia- specifically North-Western Somalia which is commonly referred to as "Somaliland", have people with brown/red-stained teeth. Some people say this is due to the high calcium deposits in the water wells.

For some unfathomable reason, young Somalis from other regions are destroying their beautiful White Smiles and paying to have their teeth stained.

For example; the beautiful Malyuun Maanka (Masha'Allah) had a gorgeous white smile and look what she did to it;

Before : White Natural Teeth

After: Red Stained Teeth:

This clinic in Mogadishu is doing this to people's teeth for $120!

Last edited:
Uff The Stained Teeth Has Invaded The Valley We Must Sound The Alarm This Can't Go On

terrence howard empire GIF by HULU

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Some regions in Somalia- specifically North-Western Somalia which is commonly referred to as "Somaliland", has people with red-stained teeth. Some people say this is due to the high calcium deposits in the water wells.

Now, for some unfathomable reason, young Somalis from other regions are destroying their beautiful White Smiles and paying to have their teeth stained.

For example; the beautiful Malyuun Maanka (Masha'Allah) had a gorgeous white smile and look what she did to it;

Before : White Natural Teeth

After: Red Stained Teeth:

Wait till madow rappers start using that in their videos it will become a trend :mjlaugh:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Another one, Bulo, a lovely young influencer from Mogadishu/South-Central Somalia paid to have her teeth stained. She had a beautiful smile before she did this, the kind of smile people pay good money for.

I think the problem is they think its cool or sexy but it looks completely stupid. Its the same with madow rappers that use grills as soon when they become rich
Jay Critch Smile GIF by Slayter

Based

VIP
They should've never given Somalis social media. Now every xalimo and their grandma are gonna be rocking the ugly stained teeth because they saw it on youtube

I think the problem is they think its cool or sexy but it looks completely stupid. Its the same with madow rappers that use grills as soon when they become rich
Jay Critch Smile GIF by Slayter

They are paying to get their teeth damaged, when they do tahriib and enter Europe, non-Somali people think people with red/brown teeth have poor hygiene so they start hiding their teeth.

They should've never given Somalis social media. Now every xalimo and their grandma are gonna be rocking the ugly stained teeth because they saw it on youtube

First they became obsessed with bleaching, thanks to these Asian created filters which promote lighter skin, now they are turning their teeth red/brown and paying to have their already big lips, bigger.

At this rate, soon they will resemble monsters who can't go out in the sun.

NUp5IIP.gif

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow I was legit talking about this on another thread yesterday.

I actually found out thanks to @Griezmann7711 that this condition is called dental flourisis, which is caused by the drinking of fluoride rich water at a young age before your adult teeth set. It is an entire Somalia problem legit.

My first encounter with this was when I was living in Galkacyo. The tap water is borderline undrinkable and as a result a lot of people have ilko cas due to biyaha wiyeer.

We really need to introduce cheap dental care to get rid of this phenomenon.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow I was legit talking about this on another thread yesterday.

I actually found out thanks to @Griezmann7711 that this condition is called dental flourisis, which is caused by the drinking of fluoride rich water at a young age before your adult teeth set. It is an entire Somalia problem legit.

My first encounter with this was when I was living in Galkacyo. The tap water is borderline undrinkable and as a result a lot of people have ilko cas due to biyaha wiyeer.

We really need to introduce cheap dental care to get rid of this phenomenon.
Why dont other african countries have the same issue since they poor to? Even look at ethiopia i have never seen these niggas with red teeth

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
First they became obsessed with bleaching, thanks to these Asian created filters which promote lighter skin, now they are turning their teeth red/brown and paying to have their already big lips, bigger.

At this rate, soon they will resemble monsters who can't go out in the sun.

NUp5IIP.gif

When I went to Somalia I saw women with literally green and blue veins who had to wear niqab because their skin became paper thin. They can’t go out in the sun because it will burn. A lot of people don’t know you can get skin cancer, liver failure and even birth defects in babies from skin bleaching.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why dont other african countries have the same issue since they poor to?

Unqualified opinion: I think it is because of the composition of the water in Somalia, not our economic state. Our economic state has made it such that the government cannot filter the water out before providing it to customers but is not responsible for the water being how it is.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I wouldn't be surprised, if the water in some regions turn most people's teeth brown/red then this becomes the 'phenotype'.
It's good they have high self-esteem though!

I think its nearly every region except for Xamar, at least before the civil war.

Nowadays, many hotels have the filtering service on site and people have filtered water subscriptions which come in a massive tank every week.

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
I wouldn't be surprised, if the water in some regions turn most people's teeth brown/red then this becomes the 'phenotype'.
It's good they have high self-esteem though!
High Fluoride in water causes it. in some regions, the well water has high fluoride and it should be filtered before being distributed to the people.

Trending

Latest posts