The hypocrisy of Westerns who want to 'save' Muslim women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
So much for the West ‘saving’ Muslim women from terrorism

"We respect our mothers, our sisters and daughters. Fighting brutality against women and children is not the expression of a specific culture; it is the acceptance of our common humanity — a commitment shared by people of goodwill on every continent. … The fight against terrorism is also a fight for the rights and dignity of women."

These words were spoken by first lady Laura Bush, 14 years ago this week at the outset of the invasion in Afghanistan. Her words stand as emblematic of the grand rhetorical tradition of linking America’s war on terror to the liberation of women and children. Western democracies for years used the salvation of Muslim women as a reason to go to war. But today, the Western world looks to be severely lacking in the “humanity” and” goodwill” Bush spoke of. For Western leaders to actively campaign against refugees fleeing terrorism, many of whom are women, reveals stunning hypocrisy on the part of those who in the past invoked those very same women as reasons to launch the war on terror. Resettling women and children seeking refuge is a pretty clear way to “save” women from terrorism in the Middle East, and the United States and Europe have decided to turn their backs on them.

Read the rest: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-the-west-saving-muslim-women-from-terrorism/

S

syntax

Why is this even surprising. Politicians will use whatever they can to sway the public opinion, including sensitive topics such as women rights. You'd have to be really naive to think they really give a single f*ck about liberating Muslim women from the daily struggle and oppression they face in the Middle East. Just more war rhetoric, nothing to see here guys:axvmm9o:

Duchess

VIP
The problem is that politicians continue to use buzzwords like 'freedom' and 'liberation' to reinforce an us vs them / good vs evil dichotomy but when people want to flee 'evil', they are rejected by the other side. They speak of the superiority of Western values, while convinently rejecting these same values when it suits them.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
This is basically one of the main reasons I despise feminism. They don't really give two shits about anyone other than themselves.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
This is why I can never align myself with white Atheists (or western atheists). I read a lot of blogs, listen to a lot of podcasts etc, and all I hear from them is patronising garbage and rhetoric. They will pretend to care about Muslim women in third world countries but it's a ploy to use poor Muslim women as a tool to bash other people's dhaqan and traditions. As if Christopher Hitchens ever gave a single f*ck about the state of Middle Eastern women. Most white Atheists are filled with a sense of superiority complex.

S

syntax

The problem is that politicians continue to use buzzwords like 'freedom' and 'liberation' to reinforce an us vs them / good vs evil dichotomy but when people want to flee 'evil', they are rejected by the other side. They speak of the superiority of Western values, while convinently rejecting these same values when it suits them.

There's always discrepancies in shit politicians say. I think the main reason being is them trying to take advantage of the current situation at any given moment. And also them trying to pander and posture to their vote base.

Like your article stated, there's so many US politicians that position themselves against allowing Syrian refugees to enter America. Their stance on that is most likely linked to what happened in France recently. Fear and scare mongering is at an all time high right now in the Western world, probably the highest since 9/11. Politicians are there to get into cabinets, offices and positions of power. It wouldn't make sense for them to come out and say they want to accept Syrian refugees. They gotta go with the public opinion and score easy brownie points. That's what makes politics so nasty. Very few actually care about doing the right thing, even if it's not what the public wants.

Canada is doing the Syrian refugees a solid one by taking in so many, but it's the exact same principle. Trudeau knows that a large chunk of his constituents that voted him into power are minorities. I'm not saying thats the only reason why we are accepting refugees, but it's a factor for sure. Remember he promised to take in so many even before the France incident, so it makes you think twice who he was targeting when he made that election promise. Props for him to sticking by it though. Harper would always say ridiculous shit like Marijuana is infinitely worse than tobacco, despite there being empirical evidence that suggests otherwise, because he knows his voter base and what they want to hear. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...erts-say-theres-simply-no-evidence-thats-true

Duchess

VIP
There's always discrepancies in shit politicians say. I think the main reason being is them trying to take advantage of the current situation at any given moment. And also them trying to pander and posture to their vote base.

Like your article stated, there's so many US politicians that position themselves against allowing Syrian refugees to enter America. Their stance on that is most likely linked to what happened in France recently. Fear and scare mongering is at an all time high right now in the Western world, probably the highest since 9/11. Politicians are there to get into cabinets, offices and positions of power. It wouldn't make sense for them to come out and say they want to accept Syrian refugees. They gotta go with the public opinion and score easy brownie points. That's what makes politics so nasty. Very few actually care about doing the right thing, even if it's not what the public wants.

But isn't it troublesome that so many American's do not believe in the very same values they're willing to fight and kill others over? Look at how they reacted after they shoved democracy down the throats of Egyptian and got the result they fear most. It's almost as if the countries upholding western values ( i.e. Canada ), have a large non-western population. lol

This is why I can never align myself with white Atheists (or western atheists). I read a lot of blogs, listen to a lot of podcasts etc, and all I hear from them is patronising garbage and rhetoric. They will pretend to care about Muslim women in third world countries but it's a ploy to use poor Muslim women as a tool to bash other people's dhaqan and traditions. As if Christopher Hitchens ever gave a single f*ck about the state of Middle Eastern women. Most white Atheists are filled with a sense of superiority complex.

As an atheist, do you feel that you always have to prove your atheism to them? It seems as if they don't believe anyone can leave Islam. It's a label you carry with you for the rest of your life.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
@Duchess they start accusing me of practicing Taqiyya (a word they learned yesterday lol ) when I disagree with them and oppose their agenda driven opinions. They love ex Muslims who agree with them but will call me a "regressive" and a SJW for opposing then lol

I have no interest in their acceptance and approval.

It's very much long established that the west don't care about the well being of women throughout the world, They only seek to use them as mascots for political advancement and social engineering.

I don't see why you guys are suprised...:zhqjlmx:

Last edited:
Q

Queen Carawelo

This is basically one of the main reasons I despise feminism. They don't really give two shits about anyone other than themselves.
I also despise them. Especially white feminists. They only care about "white women". I purposely piss feminists when I tell them to know their lane.lol

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Yoo these so called new white atheists are indeed indifferent to the plight of Muslims in the middle east. Harris for example said that Ben Carson knew about the middle east better than the respected and eminent scholar Noam Chomsky LOL. Ben Carson, the guy, you know who said that the pyramids were built by God as a granary for the biblical Jacob. How can someone who supposed to possess reason and intelligibility disregards views of Noam Chomsky who's invariably more knowledgeable than Ben Carson when it comes to Foreign Policy? It's because Ben Carson supports ''the war on terror'' and Chomsky doesn't. Harris even went out of a limb to defend Ted cruz's proposal to screen Syrian immigrants according to their religious views, since ''some percentage of the Muslims will become jihadists inevitably''. Even though the terrorist attack in Paris weren't done and orchestrated by refugees.

Not forgetting, the egregious comparison Dawkins made couple of days ago by linking Ahmed ( Clock boy) to a child forced by ISIS to behead innocent victims ( alluding to the lawsuit). Yeah, it's blatantly obvious where these guys stand politically but also their ostensible prejudice against the Muslim community.

Yoo these so called new white atheists are indeed indifferent to the plight of Muslims in the middle east. Harris for example said that Ben Carson knew about the middle east better than the respected and eminent scholar Noam Chomsky LOL. Ben Carson, the guy, you know who said that the pyramids were built by God as a granary for the biblical Jacob. How can someone who supposed to possess reason and intelligibility disregards views of Noam Chomsky who's invariably more knowledgeable than Ben Carson when it comes to Foreign Policy? It's because Ben Carson supports ''the war on terror'' and Chomsky doesn't. Harris even went out of a limb to defend Ted cruz's proposal to screen Syrian immigrants according to their religious views, since ''some percentage of the Muslims will become jihadists inevitably''. Even though the terrorist attack in Paris weren't done and orchestrated by refugees.

Not forgetting, the egregious comparison Dawkins made couple of days ago by linking Ahmed ( Clock boy) to a child forced by ISIS to behead innocent victims ( alluding to the lawsuit). Yeah, it's blatantly obvious where these guys stand politically but also their ostensible prejudice against the Muslim community.

There's nothing worse than a Sam Harris fan boy :mjlol:

S

syntax

But isn't it troublesome that so many American's do not believe in the very same values they're willing to fight and kill others over? Look at how they reacted after they shoved democracy down the throats of Egyptian and got the result they fear most. It's almost as if the countries upholding western values ( i.e. Canada ), have a large non-western population. lol

It is. A lot of average Americans are stupid as f*ck. I mean what do you expect when Fox News Channel is the number #1 primetime cable news channel and it's ratings grow every year. Not that CNN is any better though...Source http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...work-in-august-primetime-among-total-viewers/

Many American's want freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all Americans but when it comes to other countries, especially Muslim ones, it's quite obvious that it's just selective libertarianism.

Canada wasn't any better than America under the decade of Harper rule either :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts