The growth of villages into towns in Southern & Western Togdheer (border areas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Unlike in the far east where towns grow slowly in Togdheer specially in the border areas villages
grow into towns fast due to inward immigration from the Haud/Ethiopia.

@Saalax Bidaar @Madaxkuti @ethan bradberry @Hemaal

Gudubi (2017 imagery date) - settled by Ugaadh Cumar
upload_2017-10-4_2-49-37.png

Mulaaxo (2017) - settled by Bah Dhulbahante
upload_2017-10-4_2-29-30.png

Daba-Goroyaale (2017 imagery) - settled by Isaxaaq, Ugaadh Cumar and some CG
upload_2017-10-4_1-45-46.png

Xaaji Saalax (2017 imagery) - settled by Cali Siciid
upload_2017-10-4_2-25-58.png

Yucub Yabooh (2016 imagery) -settled by Musa Carre
upload_2017-10-4_1-57-48.png

Ceel Bilcile (2016 imagery) - settled by Musa Carre
upload_2017-10-4_2-20-42.png
upload_2017-10-4_2-20-11.png

Last edited:
It's crazy how the demographics of the haud have changed over the decades. Less than a century ago the Habar Yoonis lived as far as Wardheer and formed the only border Isaaqs had with the Majeerteen and Mareexaan. Now I doubt if the Habar Yoonis camels even graze as far as Dannood. So many Isaaqs have left the haud for Somaliland.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
It's crazy how the demographics of the haud have changed over the decades. Less than a century ago the Habar Yoonis lived as far as Wardheer and formed the only border Isaaqs had with the Majeerteen and Mareexaan. Now I doubt if the Habar Yoonis camels even graze as far as Dannood. So many Isaaqs have left the haud for Somaliland.

Actually that is not true. My family now reside in Marsin qal qalooc. The Haud is grazing zone and people move freely.

The only thing that has changed is the Liyu police presence in the area.

Actually that is not true. My family now reside in Marsin qal qalooc. The Haud is grazing zone and people move freely.

Are you talking about the Marsin that isn't too far from Gaashaamo or another one?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

Marsin Qalqalooc is where Reer Bicidyahan, Mikahil and Dhulbahante meet. Isaaq could graze there of course, but it is not a settlement of theirs.

The territorial border in Hawd is today the border between Warder and Degehbur zones, it corresponds almost perfectly to it.

Saalax Bidaar

Marsin Qalqalooc is where Reer Bicidyahan, Mikahil and Dhulbahante meet. Isaaq could graze there of course, but it is not a settlement of theirs.

The territorial border in Hawd is today the border between Warder and Degehbur zones, it corresponds almost perfectly to it.

I spent two years of my life in Marsin/Gambise. I have never heard of Dhulbahante or MJ’s in the area. I saw lots of Ogaden, Gaadsan and HY but that is about it.

Hartis can be found in Gobolka Wardheer, whilst Marsin is in Gobolka Koraxay.

And when you see they “can graze” is if you we neeed a permission from you.

Habar Yonis were the dominate tribe in Hawd much more so than any Dhulbahante, MJ or Ogaden.

Thanks to Liyu polis for shifting the balance of power in OG favor.

Last edited:

Saalax Bidaar

Unlike in the far east where towns grow slowly in Togdheer specially in the border areas villages
grow into towns fast due to inward immigration from the Haud/Ethiopia.

@Saalax Bidaar @Madaxkuti @ethan bradberry @Hemaal

Gudubi (2017 imagery date) - settled by Ugaadh Cumar
View attachment 31411

Mulaaxo (2017) - settled by Bah Dhulbahante
View attachment 31410

Daba-Goroyaale (2017 imagery) - settled by Isaxaaq, Ugaadh Cumar and some CG
View attachment 31403

Xaaji Saalax (2017 imagery) - settled by Cali Siciid
View attachment 31409

Yucub Yabooh (2016 imagery) -settled by Musa Carre
View attachment 31405

Ceel Bilcile (2016 imagery) - settled by Musa Carre
View attachment 31408 View attachment 31407

Looks nice.

Western HY

Bohol

VIP

Our people are becoming less nomads more settled urban people.

Reer Caynaanshe have turned Misrak Gashamo into a city.

2017 imagery date.
upload_2017-10-4_12-3-26.png

Bohol

VIP
I spent two years of my life in Marsin/Gambise. I have never heard of Dhulbahante or MJ’s in the area. I saw lots of Ogaden, Gaadsan and HY but that is about it.

Habar Yonis were the dominate tribe in Hawd much more so than any Dhulbahante, MJ or Ogaden.

That is true a lot of Dhulos immigrated to Sool @shanqale can confirm same goes for MJ that immigrated to Puntland.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP

Marsin Qalqalooc is in Wardheer close to Daratoole and Qaloocan. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

There is a Reer Abdille town called
Marsin in Qorahay close to Nusdariiq, Abdi Iley's home town.

Saalax Bidaar

Marsin Qalqalooc is in Wardheer close to Daratoole and Qaloocan. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

There is a Reer Abdille town called
Marsin in Qorahay close to Nusdariiq, Abdi Iley's home town.
There be must be two marsins then. The one I am talking about is Abdi Ileys supposed birth place. And it is not close to Nustarik. It is further East, while Nustarik is in more Southwest.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Abdi Iley's Marsin is right next to Nusdariiq, and it is a Reer Abdille town with some Gaadsan.
The furthest south Isaaq go nowadays is Boodadheere where they border Dhulbahante, and that is in Degahbur zone. There are no Isaaq settlements in Warder or Korahay. You graze there like how Hawiye graze in Galadi.

Somali_region_map_Ethiopia.png

Saalax Bidaar

Abdi Iley's Marsin is right next to Nusdariiq, and it is a Reer Abdille town with some Gaadsan.
The furthest south Isaaq go nowadays is Boodadheere where they border Dhulbahante, and that is in Degahbur zone. There are no Isaaq settlements in Warder or Korahay. You graze there like how Hawiye graze in Galadi.

Somali_region_map_Ethiopia.png
Marsin is HY/Ogaden degaan. I have lived there myself. How are you gonna tell me we don’t live there when I and my entire family where there. In fact in 94/95, the entire town was pretty much all HY. Marsin has lots of ponds that we use to swim in. Some nice memories there

The Hawd is a grazing area. I remember when I went with my uncles, our camels would roam freely wherever. We would occasionally come across other clan camels like Ogaden, but mostly other HY camels.

90% of the population are Nomadic. There is very little settlements in the area. Just wide open country for camels to roam.

Ps. Nice find on the map. It is cool to see places I went to on a map.

Saalax Bidaar

@Saalax Bidaar is correct. I don't know why anyone would be surprised there is HY in Marsin when not far away to the south El- Bahay is a Reer Sugule town.

View attachment 31460
Ali Jamac also is a Muse ismail(Rer Cawl) settlements.

Pay no attention to folks who post stuff here. I been to and lived in the area and I know first hand.

Insha Allah i will pay a visit there some day in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts