The Future of Somalis

What do you guys think the future of Somali Genetics will look like? As we continue to move to other countries and more people mix or as other populations move to Somalia or the increase of other non Somalis in Somalia and mix with our people ( The increase of Somali Bantus and migrants like Arabs, Oromos, etc ) I would imagine as the country develops more people will move there from other places although we are still very far from this point.

Personally I wouldn't mind Somalis mixing with other horn African Populations like Habesha's and Cushitic people, but I get a little nervous when other groups get in the mix although I know this is an inevitability that is out of our hands. This question also translates to other groups because of globalization.

What would this translate to in terms of culture? Would there be regional variations of Somali culture due to the presence of of different influences in different regions. Im not a fan of Arabization or the spread of bantu/west african focused Afrocentrism, but I feel like these two picture encapsulate what the future of Somalis might look like. Torn between two opposing poles of two nonsensical Ideas.

muslim-man-wearing-a-thobe-hargeisa-somaliland-B7JXG7.jpg
mNuW4xy.jpg

Dashiki Farah and Captain Ana Carab.

Us continuing to mingle with Arabs, Bantus, Westerners ect and also adopt their clothes and soon way of life is cultural genocide. We have our own clothes, culture, and ethnicity that we need to preserve, because if we do not and we allow the mixing of other ethnicities with us to occur there will be no Somali people left, instead we'll get halfbreds who suffer from an identity crisis

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
Everyone should marry out, the kids will not know about qabiils. there will be no qabiil and qabyalad will die with us :lolbron:

Us continuing to mingle with Arabs, Bantus, Westerners ect and also adopt their clothes and soon way of life is cultural genocide. We have our own clothes, culture, and ethnicity that we need to preserve, because if we do not and we allow the mixing of other ethnicities with us to occur there will be no Somali people left, instead we'll get halfbreds who suffer from an identity crisis

This is an inevitability due to globalization. Everyone is changing, that is the only thing that is certain in this unknown future.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Everyone should marry out, the kids will not know about qabiils. there will be no qabiil and qabyalad will die with us :lolbron:
Lmao, Somalis will be Somalis, you will see some somali teenagers with slant eyes engaging in FKD discussion. Or a blond one saying unuka leh

It would be such a shame if Somalis all became mutts, we wouldn't have that unique ability to spot one another just by looking :kanyehmm:

I imagine if there is little to no genetic change there will certainly be a cultural one. The future looks like Ana Carab or west African-centric cultural influence as they are the cultural juggernauts on the continent. I think collectively the Horn has to establish itself as an independent yet strong cultural sphere to deal with this cultural imperialism. I say the Horn as opposed to just Somalis because we all need each other to act as as each other’s buffer from these more dominant cultures while respecting our own independent identities.

In the West, Somalis will most definitely absorb admixture from other groups. I'd wager most of it will come from other Muslim groups that have a larger presence in the Host country.

I'd expect Western Somali Children born out of Somali-Foreign Muslim wedlocks will have a stronger Somali identity versus the Children who have a Non-Muslim parent. The latter will more likely just assimilate into the dominant Ethnic group.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I do not think there will be a sizeable demographic shift. Immigration is often tempered and migrants who stay often get assimilated into the dominant group. Its a little something called genetic flush. Though some who are paternally foreign just appear more Somali looking with time but are without a Somali qabil. That is if their communities were negible in number to begin with. And if they have no interest in preserving their roots or repatriating back to their homeland.

Oromos are called qoti. In the south Bantus are .5 which hold limited to no political power and are difficult to assimilate coming from different origins to Somalis so I don't anticipate an upswing in intermarriage. Somalia has long had a minor ajnabi population but they have not changed the genetic landscape of mainstream Somalis. Everyone knows of the non-Somalis and the vast majority of Somalis aren't recently admixed with them. I'm speaking about back home.

I do not think there will be a sizeable demographic shift. Immigration is often tempered and migrants who stay often get assimilated into the dominant group. Its a little something called genetic flush. Though some who are paternally foreign just appear more Somali looking with time but are without a qabil. That is if their communities were negible in number to begin with. And if they have no interest in preserving their roots or repatriating back to their homeland.

Oromos are called qoti. In the south Bantus are .5 which hold limited to no political power and are difficult to assimilate coming from different origins to Somalis so I don't anticipate an upswing in intermarriage. Somalia has always has long had a minor ajnabi population but they have not changed the genetic landscape of mainstream Somalis. Everyone knows of the non-Somalis and the vast majority of Somalis aren't recently admixed with them. I'm speaking about back home.

what does Qoti mean?

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Lmao, Somalis will be Somalis, you will see some somali teenagers with slant eyes engaging in FKD discussion. Or a blond one saying unuka leh
Just thaught of it r funny asf

Imagine this guy
1606822426353.jpeg
saying somaliland is peaceful country we should not join barbaric south etc.. just bcz his grand granddad was isaaq

while this guy
1606822898744.jpeg
respons with as long we reer puntland got to deal jeegan from the left n bombadishu from south we will not prosper abo jeberti why did u steal bloody shoe:meleshame:

1606823123644.jpeg

Meanwhile in xamar

What r u talking about we the civil is over after 120 years finally we will take nfd and ogaden back we only need patienc best believe it

our Ancestors
D657712C-4DF9-4217-A6ED-80F96D4AB631.png

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Just thaught of it r funny asf

Imagine this guy View attachment 156400saying somaliland is peaceful country we should not join barbaric south etc.. just bcz his grand granddad was isaaq

while this guy View attachment 156402respons with as long we reer puntland got to deal jeegan from the left n bombadishu from south we will not prosper abo jeberti why did u steal bloody shoe:meleshame:

View attachment 156403

Meanwhile in xamar

What r u talking about we the civil is over after 120 years finally we will take nfd and ogaden back we only need patienc best believe it

our Ancestors
View attachment 156404
IMG_20191117_124013.jpg

yea bro no cap we actually have to preserve our shit
im 100% marrying a Somali left or right idk his peng the white ting u offer me is

I don't think a large genetic change will occur ... so far large scale mixing between native and immigrant populations only occured between native Australians, Americans, New Zealanders and Canadians.The vast majority of people will stick to their own kind when it comes to marriage and children, and will continue to do so for a very long time.:kanyeshrug:

Just look at Sweden, despite their high immigrant population, full blooded swedes make up the vast majority of the population, you don't see them talking about extinction.

Trending